Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness We would like to see a show of hands who are
TOPIC: We would like to see a show of hands who are
GoTo Page: Less ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Start   161 to 170 of 219   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I don't wanna snake, but I was resorting to Knees as my scale and they had me switch to snake now, said it was a better scale?

Depends on the WOD, I can do sets of 5-6 and sometimes 10 in a warmup. I'm not ready to give up snake for the time....yet. (insert inappropriate sexual orientation joke here____)

But you continue to inspire me! BTW - I can bang the Burpees, until I get to about 10, then I'm crawling to my knees... I did my first WOD with Burpee-pull-ups recenlty- Oye!

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
KTE took me a while to get my butt high enough to be legit. Got toes-to-bar sooner (and sometimes would sub for KTE, but I'm not allowed to do that anymore).

Tsk tsk - you should not be "snaking" your pushups. Tight core!!! Since my pushup stamina sucks, I've been breaking them down to 5 at a time, stop/shake arms, resume. Only time I snake is during burpees.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(977 posts)
Coconut water is making inroads here too...I'd rather drink warm pee...LOL

Actually I use the "True Lemon" freeze-dried citris in my water - Lemon/Lime/Orange/Grapefruit available - www them, good stuff, it's the real thing.

Good job on Grace...I just checked my book, looks like Grace (like many of the fine ladies here) has eluded me...LOL Clean/Jerk is not my strong suit - I'd likely be in the 125-135 range still.

Awesome WOD today: Warm Up Strength - 3/3/3/3 Push Press 135/145/155/165 (My 3xPR) and then 12x 105

WOD 5 Rounds 15 Walking Lunges total steps with 72# sandbag on shoulders 15 Knees to Elbows (most were knees, some were chest - still not a big KTE guy) 15 Push Up (5-8 strict, then snake the rest for scale) 23:59 - last one done, but the KTE kill me on time.

Then to the local pub for $7.99 steak night with some of the other crew. New York strip and steamed veggies - can't beat it with a Cat-O-Nine tails!

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Lemon water? Currently coconut water is all the rage (ick).

"Grace". 30 Clean & Jerks for time. Prescribed (Rx) weight for ladies = 95 lbs. First time I did this was 55 lbs. In Oct 2010 went up to 65 lbs, took me 2 min 24 sec. Last year was 75 lbs in 3:30.

This morning. 95 lbs. 6:10 (little slower than I wanted, but not afraid of the weight any more, should get sub 6 easy next time, sub 5 by next year.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(977 posts)
"This is like reading a different language, and I'm tired just trying to read it!... lol!" -------------------------- It's the cult lingo, took me a while to understand it, still have trouble with some things.

Come to the fit side, we have Paleo Cookies and water with lemon (our Koolaid)! LOL

Thanks for the kudos!

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Thanks it was a good feeling getting that Pull-up.

OK, I'm getting better...you are way ahead of me and I can't wait to get there!

Yes, I found the gospel of Again Faster Gymnastic leathers too. (also recently got a set of wrist-wraps too) They helped me change my grip too. I was mostly on my fingers and now I use full palm with thumb over the bar. Never thought of using them for lifts...gonna have to give that a shot.

Long WOD with bar work will still cause a few "hot spots" but not like before!

I need to force myself to do something on my rest days now. You've inspired me! That's what Crossfit does, it inspires you!

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Yay for your first pullup!!!!

Saturday 5m jog (55 min) 1 hour later did Annie with Rowing 500m row, 50 double unders, 50 situps 400m, 40 DU, 40 SU 300m, 30 DU, 30 SU 200m, 20 DU, 20 SU 100m, 10 DU, 10 SU 19:12 (I can do DU, but lost my rhythm/consistency these past 6m so hard to get more than 10 in a row, did get the 20s & the 10s unbroken).

Sunday 4 rds for time: 9 Curtis Ps 65 lb (clean, lunge R & L, push press), 16 Pullups, 12 Deadlifts 145 lb, 24 DU - 27:36. This was a birthday WOD for one of my box mates (who is now a trainer).

Tomorrow we are doing Grace and I'm going to go for Rx (95 lb for girls). Last time I did Grace (Barbell for Boobs) it was just 75 lb in 3:30. So my goal with the Rx is sub 5 min.

Agree with the bumps, bruises and callouses. And the damn rope burns/pressure wounds/scabs from the rope. Just happy I can climb (new skill I conquered earlier this year). Finally got my pistols a couple months ago. HSPU still at 1 abmat. Muscle ups elude me (unless I'm jumping).

I use a Dremel to sand my callouses. And gymnastic grips from AgainFaster on the pullup bars (haven't torn since I started using them, much better than taping). They work on bar lifting as well (used them today).

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(977 posts)
Rest day again today, but that's OK, had an all-day golf outing for work yesterday, on my feet cooking for the masses, my dogs are barking!

But, on the bright side, Friday: 1000m Row Time Trial, new low 3:33.9 - last was 4:04.0 3 months back!

Plus Warmup and WOD 21-18-15-12-9-6-3 Double Unders (I do singles still, DU are my kryptonite so 63-54-45-36-27-18-9) Sit ups Supermans 8:07 time

Also did my first, unassisted kipping pull-up! YAY me! (still need bands for WOD, but I did it. 6 months ago I could barely hang from the rig! New pics on profile are from my 6 month photos!

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Scabs, scars and failed box jumps...LOL

One thing about Crossfit is for sure, you will get all kinds of bumps, bruises, scabs, scrapes and scars...and love it! Don't be afraid, its part of the experience!

Mine to date: Shins, both sides: Failed box jumps in wods did some, but the best (or worst) was attempting a 40" box jump. Did the 36" fine and thought I could do the 40" - mental problem, I didn't SEE myself on the box so needless to say, mid-air, full force and the toes don't clear the edge, shins hit the box and down you slide into pain! LOL But you can bet I'll get it next time!

Rope Burns on side of ankles: Rope climbs will do this until you get the upper body strength going. Proper padding, socks and strategically placed athletic tape does wonders too.

Blisters, callouses, etc: Pull-ups, knees-to-elbows, toes-to-bar - all work your hands. Shake the hand of any Crossfitter - you'll know. Again, experience, tape and leather straps do wonders. (also pumice stones, emery boards and nail clippers!)

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
*"Rest is just as important as work out days." I know, I can tell the difference after rest day and if I manage to miss 3 days (mini vacations) I actually feel better and stronger the next WOD.

*"I'm trying to do doubles on Saturday. Either jog (training for half marathon in December)" That's Awesome! Still a ways down the road (no pun intended) for me. I'm just not a Running kinda guy. I tolerate it but it bores the hell out of me! LOL

*"(we don't know the Saturday WODs until the trainer puts them on the board). " That's the way I like it! Our Saturday WODS are usually a "FUN" WOD, we go to the park and WOD, Team WODS, Pair WODS, etc.

*"...rope climbs (need better padding on my ankles, keep getting rope burns)." I found thick cotton socks(traditional old white kind) with a couple wraps of athletic tape does wonders to reduce burn. I just recently finally got to a point where I can get up the rope most of the WOD. It cost me a lot of skin on my outer right ankle, but with the sock/tape it's not a problem anymore.

Normal Schedule: 5:30 WOD during week: Mon, Tues, Rest either Wed or Thurs then Fri, Sat 9:00, Rest Sun

"Hi, I'm Holly, and I'm a Crossfit Addict". Welcome Holly, I'm Danny and I'm a Crossfit Addict! Where's the dark chocolate covered bacon snacks?

Tomorrow we're gonna talk about Scabs, Scars and Failed Box Jumps! LOL

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Start   161 to 170 of 219   End
TOPIC: We would like to see a show of hands who are