Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness We would like to see a show of hands who are
TOPIC: We would like to see a show of hands who are
GoTo Page: Less ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Start   151 to 160 of 219   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Depends on the WOD.

"Grace" = 30 clean & jerks (I'm doing 95 lb) took me 6 min. "Murph" = 1 mile run, 100 pullups, 200 pushups, 300 air squats, 1 mile run, took me 55 min last time I did it. Yesterdays was 6 push jerks (I did 95 lb), 12 strict chin ups, 100m farmers carry (16 kg kettlebells in each hand) x 4 rounds, took me 16 min.

Strength work might be 20 min in a typical class. Most of the time the MetCon (metabolic conditioning) takes about 10-15 min. If the MetCon is expected to be longer (like 20 min) then we might do mobility or gymnastic skills work before the MetCon (instead of strength).

Tomorrow we're finding our 1 rep max (heaviest weight) we can push press. Then the WOD is Tabata (20 sec work, 10 sec rest) for Body Weight Deadlift (for me 135-140 lb), Row (counting calories instead of reps), Push ups. Each exercise has 8 segments (4 min) so total will be 12 min. But very high intensity (score is # reps + calories on the rower).

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(975 posts)
Important to do things we dislike (or need to work on), called "goats".

After 6 workout days in a row, I made myself rest today (wasn't difficult when I saw what was posted: 50-40-30-20-10 Toes-2-bar with 200m sprint in between each set). hahahaha.

Have to go tomorrow cause I can't go this weekend (but will jog 5 miles on Sat morning before I go to work).

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(975 posts)
Ugh - Running Interval today! Last time was 4/27/12 - through 4 laps my time was 20:41 (I rowed 1,500m instead of 6 laps) Total time w/rests 26:57

Today 9/20/12: 1 lap 235M - :57 Rest - :30 2 laps 470M - 2:14 Rest - 1:00 3 laps 705M - 3:49 Rest - 2:00 4 laps 940m - 5:20 - to compare total time through 4 laps - 15:49 a 4:52 PR! Rest - 3:00 6 laps - 1,410m - 8:20 Total time - 27:09 - Hard to compare, but last time row was 6:16, this was 8:20 and almost same overall time so I'm happy with it!

BTW -I HATE running! LOL

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Kind.

From reading your posts I sense you have an existing injury or issue? That is something you need to overcome and the PT, eating right and Cardio will go a long way to that goal.

As far as having the "fitness" gene...I never did either. This is the first time in my life I've ever done anything even remotely physical like this. That's what I love about it, it's for me and about me. The other parts of it just clicked into place...the community, the trainers, the actual exercises, the scalability, the personal goals, etc.

Keep improving little by little. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Please keep in mind when watching the Games - that's the cream of the crop, the top of the heap, the pinnacle.

Kinda like watching NFL and going to play backyard football. Same Game, just different level.

You can start very simply and work up to a moderate, advanced or in the case of the games, elite level. I couldn't dream of doing things when I started that I can do today. And I can't dream today of doing the things at the games....Today, that is!

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Also, ESPN2 is running 30 min segments from the 2012 Crossfit Games. TPTB have taken our workouts to a competitive level with the elite level athletes doing highest end versions of our movements in various combinations towards earning "Fitest on Earth" title. First event was a type of trialthon then a couple hours later was an obstacle course over logs & walls. Second day there was GHD medicine ball toss (abdominal crunches on steroids) - immediately followed by track triplet of 3 x 400m run, 8 alternating split snatch (women 75 lb), 7 bar muscle ups, and a last 400m at the end. There were more events that same day, including a standing broad jump for distance, and 5 x 20" rope climb + 20m heavy sled push over grass. Final event of the day was a combination of heavy medicine ball cleans over the shoulder (80 lb), carry down to the end of the tennis court, do 8 negative handstand pushups (head goes down 5" below the parallete bars), pick up the ball, back to the other end, more cleans over the shoulders (3 rounds total).

Talk about getting tired just watching. Currently running on Tuesday nights 10p eastern.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(975 posts)
LOL SVCpl! Yes, they are and yes they do!

Kind - double u double u double u crossfit dot com - lots of good stuff. Might even find a "box" by you (and I know you'd like to find a box by you! LOL)

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
The girls are "bitches" and the Hero's kill us.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(975 posts)
SVC - have them drop some bars on the rig! Do you do Jumping Pullups at all?

OK, officially yesterday's WOD has made my ASS HURT(everyone can save the Bi-jokes). My Glutes! Mein Gott!

So to take the emphasis away from my butt, we did Back Squats for Strength today (so now my quads are gonna be smoking tomorrow!)

3/3/3/3/3 - 225/235/245/255/265 - 10# PR from 8/27 Yay Me!

WOD - I did "HELEN" for first time since (5/21 scaled 500m row and B/B bands - 19:17 - only 2 months in to Crossfit)

TODAY! "HELEN" - 3 rounds 400m Run 21 Kettle Bell Swings with 1.5p 12 pull ups (scaled R/R) 15:34 - cut 3:43 off time for new PR!

Come to think about it, Crossfit is kinda like swinging, we are always "doing" some woman or dude! LOL

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Ya know, thinking about it, I've never done Burpee Pullups. Probably because our pullup bars are too high (I stand on a 20" box to reach bars). I can't jump up that high even without the burpee.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(975 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Start   151 to 160 of 219   End
TOPIC: We would like to see a show of hands who are