We would like to see a show of hands who are : Swingers Discussion 171850
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessWe would like to see a show of hands who are
TOPIC: We would like to see a show of hands who are
Created by: onecuriouscple
Original Starting post for this thread:
A Crossfit couple! Anyone doing or have done Crossfit?
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 219   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Training, diet, supplements?

Crossfit classes 4-5 x week (strength component 2-3 x week, metCons are 5-25 min, average is 12 min, rest of the class time spent mobility & skill drills). Jogging 1 x week (currently around 4-5 miles, slow rebuild back up to 8-9 before June Ragnar then go to 2 jogs/week in prep for my first marathon in Sept).

Went mostly gluten-free last summer (gym challenge) & I'm convinced it helps minimize symptoms from my spinal stenosis & piriformis syndrome (affecting mostly my right leg and now both hamstrings). Try to get more fruits & vegetables but far from optimal. 1-2 servings dairy/d. Something with protein/fat every meal. Never skip breakfast (most times was 2 pcs bacon, 1 cup raspberries, 1/2c chocolate milk in my coffee, 2 corn tortillas, sometimes a couple hard boiled egg whites). Currently 2100-2300 kcal/d intake w/about 1.5g/kg protein (I've been keeping track on myfitnesspal for 9 months). During last summer challenge I was at 1500-1800 kcal & dessert only once a week (when I dropped 10 lbs on the scale and gained 3 lbs muscle, was only 15% body fat).

Standard multivitamin (Centrum), 2000 IU flaxseed oil. On Celebrex BID.

Women have to realize that while some is genetics, most is diet and exercise choices. You cannot "tone". Light weights will not increase caloric burning. Heavy weights will not make you "big" just defined (and burning more calories). And you have to be realistic with your intake - keep track, measure to make sure you are honest with yourself. Exercise doesn't mean you can eat more (so many people work out for one hour then sit on their butts for 18 hours).

Believe me, hard to imagine now but up until 4 years ago I was 165 lb and fluffy. I had previously swum (high school & college - slowest person but stubborn, however it did not do much for my body composition, I was still a fat young adult). After college I tried jogging and even did short distance triathlons. Nope, still 140-150 lbs and "fluffy". Taught aerobics for 10 years. Did step, interval training 1-2 classes a day, even still jogging. No change.

What changed? I do not have athletes in my genetic tree. It was finding Crossfit in 2009 that reinvented my body & mind. Don't always understand it, but something about the HIIT, constant variation, and strength training/Olympic lifting that challenged my cardio, strength, core, balance, agility, etc.

Hope that answered your question.

mrs svc.

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
to Mrs SVC, this off the subject a little but I have to compliment you on your level of fitness. Very few women ever get into that good of shape let alone a 45 year old woman. Julie and I both are into body building so I think we have a good understanding of what it takes to put on that kind of muscle and also drop the body fat.

There is lots of advice for men out there but not much for women that I have found. I would love to talk to you about your training, diet and supplements. I'm asking on behalf of Julie since she is not to kind of person that wiill just go up to someone at the gym and strick up a conversation about lifting or training. Me on the other hand, that is another story.

Williamsport PA

Username hidden
(4 posts)
Just finished the Crossfit Open. Goal was top 50 in my division. Finished 44th (only top 20 go to the Games in Corona). Know what I need to work on for 2014.

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
Not sure why the cap. Box trainers seem to like to cap things? I'd still be doing it now if they didn't. LOL

Jacksonville FL

Username hidden
(2271 posts)
I like your early lifts, dislike the later, but then again, there are fewer round (still hate wall balls). Our annual 12 Lifts is in the WOD thread. We don't set a time cap. Lots of new folks doing it for the first time, some took 45 min but they toughed it out.

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
LOL That was from our Halloween WOD!

Our 12 Days: 1 Power snatch 75# 2 Ring dips (1.5 reds still) 3 burpees 4 pull-ups (no bands) 5 toes to bar (I still donkey kick) 6 push-ups 7 air squats 8 jumping lunges each side 9 box jumps (20 step ups) 10 Wall balls 20# 11 KB swings (2 Pd - ended on 4 KB) 12 Thrusters 75#

Same add-on progression, 1, 2+1, 3+2+1, 4+3+2+1, etc. We had 24 minute time cap, 4 folks finished. They are our box beasts.

Jacksonville FL

Username hidden
(2271 posts)
what was your "12 Days of Xmas" WOD?

Yay for all your progress.....but that last picture??? WTF? Halloween? LOL!

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
Well, a PR won't be hard for me...45:46 and I was a whipped dog at the end!

On the other good news front, did a Fight Gone Bad a few weeks back at a charity event...added 40 reps to my previous - total of 257 - PR except for step-ups.

Other noteworthy Fitness feats:

1. 325 Deadlift 5x 10# PR 2. 335 Deadlift 3x PR 3. Got off the bands for Pull-ups (except for high-rep WODs, still gotta strap on a red for those, for now.) 4. Did "Fitness Test" RX - 7:07 - up from last of 6:12 but NO bands! 5. Met Coach Glassman and Julie Foucher in the same week! 6. Have my 9 month photos waiting to be approved on upload. 7. 30# PR on 1rep Thrusters - 165# 8. Began my journey to true handstand push-ups. Got vertical on my own a few times. 9. 20# PR on Hang Cleans 155# 10. 20# PR on Power Snatch - 105# 11. Made it to start of round 11 of 12 days of Christmas - 24:00 time cap.

Good to be back...ready to ring in the New Year and have some fun!

Jacksonville FL

Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Hey "20"!!! Miss ya. We did "Victoria" last Thursday. At first my legs were getting tired. But then it was my arms that were giving out. I'm sure we'll do it again and then we can both get PRs. Take care of that knee.

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
Nine month pics up soon. Not a huge change, but a change none-the-less. Just did the "Victoria" hero WOD Thursday...what an ass kick that was!

Jacksonville FL

Username hidden
(2271 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 219   End
TOPIC: We would like to see a show of hands who are