We would like to see a show of hands who are : Swingers Discussion 1718501061
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessWe would like to see a show of hands who are
TOPIC: We would like to see a show of hands who are
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 219   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Hmmm, just a thought. If you do a workout with enough intensity for micromuscle tearing, then a blood thinner (like aspirin) is probably not the best choice. That would increase bleeding since there are capillary tears associated with high intensity workouts. That internal bleeding contributes greatly to DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness). Better to chill it out (ice or cold bath). If antiinflammatories are needed, motriin is OTC.

Farmers Carries is another "improve your grip strength". Did 35 lb kettle bells for 400m. If you drop, you have to run all the way around the building (400m) to pick them up and continue the carry. When we did this, I dropped at the 200m and the 300m marks. Grrrr.

Today: Warmup 400m jog, 2 min double unders. Various mobilty and shoulder prep. 15 min Ice Cream Maker work using rings. WOD: 18-16-14 Pullups and Kettlebell (Rx for girls 1.5 pood, I did 45 lb - heaviest I'd ever done before - could not do them unbroken, too heavy). 9:09 Then caught up on my strength progression with 5 x 3 squat snatch @ 70 lb (80% my 1RM).

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(967 posts)
Arm work out: ..goal is muscle growth. Weight is selected so that you can make 8 reps. All workout is sitting on bench, and each exercise is done till failure. Once failure is achieved, the weight is dropped with 5lb for additional 5 reps. The entire set is done with no rest, and 1min rest between sets, total 3 sets. Example: sit on the bench and do alternate biceps curl with 30lb till failure, drop the weight and do 5 more reps with 25lb. so exercise are: SET: 1. Alternating hammer curl. 2. Alternating deltoid shoulder press. don't drop the elbow down to body hold in parallel to the ground. 3. French triceps curls 4. Deltoid side rise. 5. Concentration Curls 6. Hanging dumbbell grip with 50lb (sitting on the bench, arms next to body hold the 50lb dumbbell and let it hang. you would feel that you might drop it but hold tight until you drop it or can hold anymore. drop the weight to 40lb and repeat. The idea is the create a tight grip with the forearm which is helpful for pull-ups. helpful is if you check the time and see how many sec you can hold try to improve your record each time)

This is high intensity workout and your muscle will burn, i recommend some aspirin after that.

New York NY
Username hidden
(326 posts)
Double Under Practice - got a few. Still can't get the coordination for single/double/single/double even! Warmup: 3 rounds 5 Wall Balls w/20# 10 Situps (I did 15) 15 Supermans

Front Squats - 5/5/5 - 135/155/175 matched 5x PR

WOD - 3 rounds for time: 10 Ground to overhead 135 Rx - did 125, probably could have done RX! 50 Double Unders - did 150 singles 11:59

2 rounds, 5x GHD situps from parallel. Wanting to do more but trainer cautious. "No Abdo here...LOL"

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
sardukar - double unders are quite a challenge. and a real test of coordination. some days i can get on a roll, other times i can't string 2 in a row to save my life. last week finally got a good string going during the warmup - 55 in a row. then later in the WOD had a dififcult time getting more than 10 in a row. like any jumping exercise that needs fast reps, going to feel in your knees if your landings are hard. try easier bouncing on the balls of your feet. i'm also working faster hands so i don't have to jump so high.

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(967 posts)
Saturday AM WOD 500M row 10 Shoulder Rolls 2:00 squat hold 2:00 Nav stretch L/R 2:00 On Back, leg pulled up with arm, opp hand pulling foot straight (don't know what it was called other than painful)

WOD "Partner WOD B&B" Run 4 laps, alternating then: 3 rounds 20 Partner taters with 1.5 pood 20 Patner wall ball situps w/20# then: Run 3 laps, alternating

14:10

Really sore after WOD, bailed on the 2nd WOD idea at the open house. This old body needs the rest.

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Wow, one of them nights!

Warm up - 3 rounds 30 jumping lunges 20 push-press with 45# 10 Squat to broad jumps

Back Squats 5/5/5/5 225/235/245/255 Failed at 3, dang. Almost back to Pre-Ankle PR!

WOD - AMRAP 20:00 (as many rounds as possible) 5 Hand Stand Push-ups (I moved to toes on box finally!) 10 box jumps (20" box still) 15 Ring Rows

6 rounds and 4 box jumps - worn out tired old dawg!

Plus two sets of 5 GHD situps - to parallel, just starting them.

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
40 Double Unders quite impressive however I would not recommend..it is a good exercise and burns calories as hell but it wears of the joints quite a bit.. particularly knee cartilage. I prefer slow motion max effort exercise with no joint involvement or at lest minimal joint effort.

New York NY
Username hidden
(326 posts)
Mrs SVC - If I can ever help with "thigh stamina" let me know...LOL Gosh, I feel like a real SM now!;-)'

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
"Kelly" 5 rds 400m run, 30 box jumps (20"), 30 wall balls (14 lb to 9' mark). 32:26 Best time since doing it at Crossfit Ali'i (I'm definitely sure the run was shorter than 400m). But have lots of room for improvement (my thigh stamina is still lacking, needed too much rest on my wallballs).

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(967 posts)
Sardukar - Excellent work!

Warm Up 40 Double Unders (did 120 singles) jump ropes 30 Sit ups 20 Push Ups 10 Box jumps (20" box)

Stretching 2:00 Navicular Street (l/r) 2:00 PSOAS (l/r) 2:00 Rollout achilles (l/r)

10 Rounds for time: 1 lap 235M 1:00 rest between laps

19:09 - average of 1:009 per lap! Felt good on the old wheel!

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 219   End
TOPIC: We would like to see a show of hands who are