Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness Tummy Tuck
TOPIC: Tummy Tuck
Created by: hedonist2001 The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
User Details are only visible to members.
What's really at issue here is if you've got an issue with the musculature of the abdomen, as in Cayne's example, or if you've got an excess of skin and fatty tissue left over from pregnancy. In most cases, the muscle issues can be helped with exercise, but if you've got a "mommy pouch" of excess skin, you're not going to be able to shrink it and it will likely require surgery. Also, with regards to any fatty tissue in the area, after multiple abdominal surgeries, there's significant damage to the blood flow and nerve structure in the area, often characterized by numb spots and cooler skin temps. If this is the case, no amount of working out or losing weight is going to eliminate the problem, because there simply isn't enough connection and communication with the rest of the body, because of the scarring and surgical damage, to facilitate significant fat reduction in these areas. In some cases, liposuction may be an alternative to a tummy tuck, and lipo will often result in some tightening of the overlying skin, but it's really a decision you'll need medical advice on, so you know what you're dealing with.

Most importantly, don't drive yourself nuts trying to reduce an area through exercise, if you've got an underlying medical issue that's going to limit your ability to accomplish your goals.

Willingboro NJ
Username hidden
(9310 posts)
Depending on your physical "type" it may be that the abdomen area may just be the last area to lose fat. For some people it may be lower body (hips, thighs) that lose fat last, or abdomen. For both appearance and "feel" of the abdomen, where the fat is deposited. Some men will tell you they don't have fat around the abdomen because when they tense the abdominal muscles the area feels firm. In reality it means that the fat is deposited below the muscle rather than above the muscle. There is still fat there it is just in another area.

Chandler AZ
Username hidden
(31 posts)
hedo there is also a new procedure they have been advertising around here, injections into the desired area of something that breaks down fat cells......I'm thinking of looking into that. Won't help someone really overweight much but for those like you that only have a bit to get rid of seems like it works well. I'm not sure I'm thin enough right now to get the best results.

Pirategirl

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17875 posts)
I'm going to have to check out that book as well, two c-sections and another tummy cutting surgery have not been kind to my tummy. I can feel the hard muscle under the bulge of my belly.

Pirategirl

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17875 posts)
If you really want the surgery I say go for it!!

You also might want to look at a book called "Lose Your Mummy Tummy"...(its on amazon). The author is an RN and personal trainer who developed the program for women who suffer from diastasis. I've heard the book is quite good in general though.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(2626 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
TOPIC: Tummy Tuck