To Stretch or Not to Stretch : Swingers Discussion 182677101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessTo Stretch or Not to Stretch
TOPIC: To Stretch or Not to Stretch
Created by: sa_interracialcpl
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I stretch out before my workout, after my warm-up. I do stretch, sometimes, during a workout. I don't stretch, after a workout but will stretch through out the day, after a hard workout.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX

Username hidden
(17558 posts)
Before workouts I do range-of-motion and foam rolling/lacross ball rolling to press out the knots. After workouts I sometimes do the same. Stretching only after muscles are warm. - h

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
The study you mentioned was about athletes pursuing peak performance. I, like probably most here, are less concerned about shaving 0.05 seconds of our 40 yard dash, and more about overall health and vitality.

I'm a huge believer in stretching; I start feeling claustrophic in my own body if I feel my muscles tighening to the point of inhibiting my range of motion. Even if I don't do any overt exercise in the morning, 5-10 minutes of stretching wakes me up better than coffee :-) Gets the blood circulating, etc.

Grand Prairie TX

Username hidden
(1 post)
After comparing stretching versus not stretching for a week, we made the conclusion to stretch before working out. Found we were more productive overall.

Kat

Morgantown PA

Username hidden
(2965 posts)
I do not stretch any substantial amount before exercising.

I do stretch, though, to lengthen muscles and avoid an overall tightness that settles in from time to time. I think that this is healthier for the muscle and avoids a musclebound look while still appearing muscular.

Daniels MD

Username hidden
(343 posts)
I haven't had any issues with working out and not stretching beforehand...no overt soreness, but I'm going to try it today to see if I achieve a better workout.

Kat

Morgantown PA

Username hidden
(2965 posts)
I know that science has flip-flopped about stretching, but I don't worry about that... because I also know that stretching makes me physically feel much better for workout. I'm not competing, so I'm not exactly concerned about shaving seconds off my time or something like that. I'm just making sure that I feel good and can function as I need... and stretching seems to let me do that much better than not stretching.

Mrs.DE

Federal Way WA

Username hidden
(39 posts)
I stretch before the workout, after each set for a few seconds and after the workout is completed. Just like many of the professional body builders do. I never realized how it could postively impact my workout, but it did. The next set of excerises were easier and I was not so stiff before hand.

Federal Way WA

Username hidden
(6 posts)
That sounds nice SVcpl. I wish I could find the time for yoga classes. I think I could really learn a lot from them and some of my aches might go away .. like my lower back. Doesn't really hurt that bad but there is a soreness at times.

Not really stretching but after a long bike ride I like to mist my legs with the garden hose. While working outside in the hot days of summer I also spray down between a few sets of free weights. It's kinda the opposite of warming up.

Lyndhurst NJ

Username hidden
(3580 posts)
Range of motion work for the warm-up. Maybe some foam rolling or rub out some knots with a lacrosse ball. Long, static stretching AFTER the workout. But what has really improved my flexibility is 1-2 yoga classes a week.

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
TOPIC: To Stretch or Not to Stretch