Thoughts on Younger Next Year : Swingers Discussion 125376
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessThoughts on Younger Next Year
TOPIC: Thoughts on Younger Next Year
Created by: chimera66
Original Starting post for this thread:
I am currently reading a book "Younger Next Year" that I am really impressed with. It proposes that you can be a younger, healthier individual than you are with some lifestyle changes. Anybody familiar with this work?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
Gina -- if the two dudes who wrote "Younger Next Year" don't inspire you, you are un-inspirable!! Seriously, girl. I have a couple of decades on you and always kept myself reasonably fit, but these guys upped my ante quite a bit. Mrs. Chim has bought into it, and I have recommended it to friends and relatives. Yes, someday we will all have swung our last swing, but to paraphrase a line from "The Guardian" movie, I intend to "do all I can, with everyone I can, for as long as I can -- and then hang it up." Frankly being fit is going to keep you in the game longer. I'd like to hear from you or anyone who has looked at this program and decided to give it a try. It is a load, but probably not as bad watching your wanker wilt... Good luck, Gina -- you are a lovely girl...keep on truckin'!! Mr. Chim

Charlotte NC
Username hidden
(561 posts)
7 year olds are brutally honest. Our goddaughter (age 6) said, "you have a big butt" and I did not take offense. It is true!

Shelly, you are truly a motivation. We who are NOT fit are full of lame excuses to keep wallowing in our ways. I can't say what it takes for people to actually listen and heed what really works, but for everyone it is a different trigger. Luckily, for me, I recognize mine, and they usually come in the form of some written info I receive about Type II Diabetes, which I would like to self-manage. Right now, I take meds a couple times a day, but I would really love to take nothing, and just get healthy through what I eat and what I do physically.

I can not in good conscience keep making excuses. I am 48, almost 49 and now is the time, today. Choices are available. Will I always make the right ones? No. Will I MOSTLY make the right ones? That's something I can strive for, isn't it?

The old AA/OA adage: progress not perfection. So, here I am again, on my way.

I'm happy to look in here in these threads and read success stories. Those do actually motivate and inspire people like me who've used food wrongly for a lot of years.

Thanks, Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(5605 posts)
Ahhh thanks y'all. Yes, I was a 24W. We were looking at a video last week of me and the kids on the trampoline before I started living healthy. My 7 year old turned to me and said something very unkind about how his Mother looked at the time. He got his ass in trouble and I'm glad he no longer thinks I look like what he said. He did spend some time in his room however reflecting on what is proper to say.

Username hidden
(23995 posts)
Shells...

You? 24W?

Amazing and...BRAVO!!!!!

FL

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(437 posts)
You know what makes me mad? When people see it and choose to be dumb. You have the girls at my office for instance. And I am not bragging when I say this, truly I am not. But they have a prime example of the fact that a woman CAN lose weight in her mid 30s despite having had 3 children, despite having PCOS, despite an obese biological family, despite having a full time job...despite all of the excuses we come up with a woman at 36 CAN work, be a mom, have fun AND make time for daily workouts which are FUN as well. A woman in her 30s can go from a 24W to a size 9 with discipline and dedication to herself. And yet they CHOOSE to still wallow in their condition! They talk to each other about dieting. I give opinions and they pay no attention.....NO, don't listen to the one thats dropped 70 pounds, listen to the yo yo dieter over there, good plan LOL. So the one girl was talking the other day to the other and said you know, I'm just not ready to exercise. I just find men who like me like I am. I walk to the printer all through the day. I have no idea how she gets her heart rate to target levels walking the 4 feet from her desk to the printer but there you go. Aaaah people choose it. And wonder why do I feel sluggish and awful? Well, ya got a mirror on ya?

Username hidden
(23995 posts)
This is similar to realage dot com

RealAge work was done by Roizen (an anesthesiologist) and Oz (a cardiac surgeon). Both credible investigators.

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(437 posts)
I haven't read it but I absolutely believe it.

Username hidden
(23995 posts)
I am currently reading a book "Younger Next Year" that I am really impressed with. It proposes that you can be a younger, healthier individual than you are with some lifestyle changes. Anybody familiar with this work?

Charlotte NC
Username hidden
(561 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: Thoughts on Younger Next Year