Thigh-Specific Exercise for Women : Swingers Discussion 194179101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessThigh-Specific Exercise for Women
TOPIC: Thigh-Specific Exercise for Women
Created by: Scandle
Original Starting post for this thread:
As you may have noticed by reading different Forum threads on SLS, many of the middle-aged women here have very sexy, lean bodies, which I admire. My problem areas (as I see them, though Mr. Scandle has no complaints), are my butt, hips and thighs. I would absolutely love to work off the fat and keep it off.

Currently I use an exercise bike and have improved my diet, losing 10 lbs. in the last few months. Due to arthritis in my knees, I can't become a runner. What suggestions do you have to help me with this area? Thanks in advance.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
User Details are only visible to members.
Walk. You would be surprised what just walking can do. I lost over 60 pounds, by walking and portion control. Walking also did wonders for my legs. Especially, walking up hills or stairs. The pic, with this post, shows what walking did for my legs.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17852 posts)
southvegad and sed, thanks for the info. I guess I thought since you can build up certain muscle groups, you ought to be able to lose weight around those specific areas as well. Becoming more physically fit overall is not such a bad trade off, however.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8806 posts)
Unfortunately, there is no way to "spot reduce". No exercise will target the fat in any specific area of the body. Where you lose the fat (or store the fat) is a genetic recipe that was handed down to you by your parents, grandparents, etc. Blame them. What you can do is modify the muscles. You can have strong legs. You can have defined arms, you can even have a six-pack (if your body fat gets low enough). Keep eating right, and find exercise/activity that you love (so you keep doing it). Your body shape will reflect healthy lifestyle and you'll maximize your genetic potential.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(955 posts)
As you may have noticed by reading different Forum threads on SLS, many of the middle-aged women here have very sexy, lean bodies, which I admire. My problem areas (as I see them, though Mr. Scandle has no complaints), are my butt, hips and thighs. I would absolutely love to work off the fat and keep it off.

Currently I use an exercise bike and have improved my diet, losing 10 lbs. in the last few months. Due to arthritis in my knees, I can't become a runner. What suggestions do you have to help me with this area? Thanks in advance.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8806 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
TOPIC: Thigh-Specific Exercise for Women