The only title I can think of is, Can someone help me lol : Swingers Discussion 2076651031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessThe only title I can think of is, Can someone help me lol
TOPIC: The only title I can think of is, Can someone help me lol
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   31 to 40 of 64   End
User Details are only visible to members.
For me it depends on the time I got up. And my sleep quality the night before. Then what I'm doing in the evening. I can workout 6a then be tired coming home, and be falling asleep on the couch while watching tv at 9p. Or if I stay busy (like chatting online) I can stay awake with good tv shows past 11p. If I workout in the evening (4p, 5p, or 6p hard crossfit workout) I might stay awake late, or I might still be droopy eyed by 9p. Some days I have done 6a metabolic conditioning then gone back for a 7p olympic lifting (or 5p yoga). Might stay up, might want to go to bed early. Biggest thing that makes me tired at night. 1) just watching tv without doing something with my hands/mind and 2) high carbs (one night I had my cheat chocolate cake at 8p and by 9p it was lights out). Let's see how it goes for me toniight. I was up at 3a my time, traveled East two time zones and have to be up at 5a locally to get my workout in before work. Can I make it to 10p locally?

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(960 posts)
It winds me up, no way can I sleep at least 4-5 hours after a workout.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16528 posts)
@kind - For me, I can do treadmill at 8pm and still go to bed by about 10-10:30. I guess I'm just a sleepy person. LOL

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(582 posts)
Late night snacking! Totally a weakness of mine. I usually do fine during the day when I'm working. (Hubby and I work together and we pack our own lunch and snacks.) It's from after dinner to bedtime that I have the hardest time. That's when hubby and I used to eat chocolate cake, pie, etc. (Can't even *imagine* eating that now!)

Now I actually hop on the treadmill for a half hour/hour. That totally crushes my hunger. I then take a nice shower and settle down with my cup of peppermint tea and watch mindless television. :)

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(582 posts)
This is so minor, but not to me: I've found a "bag" food that I like and it's just as satisfying, actually more so, than any chip could ever be. It's a little portion size bag of NUT-rition nuts: almonds, cashews and macadamea nuts. There is just something about that stupid little bag, I don't know why. And a can of nuts? no. I can eat a whole can. It's all about freakin packaging. I'll work on that one.

It's more satisfying b/c it's still "crunchy" but healthy for me, and I'm actually supposed to eat nuts. And I like them. Always have.

KindDragon, I appreciate you sharing your struggles and your journey to better health. Right there with you, maybe a few steps behind, but my mindset is moving forward.

I understand the pasta thing. I'm half Italian and identify with that and also love to cook. It's portion size, it's late night mindless eating. It's "too much" of anything. G.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7444 posts)
Great posts ladies! really great posts!

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16528 posts)
Honest info: 6 months ago I was up around 190 again (back and forth 188-186-189). Today I weigh 179.5. Last year at this time, though, I was 169.5.

Thought I'd be bluntly honest. And I am 5'2". SLS won't give me that extra inch.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7444 posts)
Kind, thanks for your original post here; I was venturing in here with some of the same questions. When I lose weight, I lose first in my boobs and feet. Ugh.

I have eaten horribly this summer. Except in Hawaii...I wish I could eat that food daily, so fresh, so yummy (hooked on fish and pineapples there). I know why I do it, but I don't know how to stop myself. Other than maybe having cardboard cut outs of some of you whom I respect with hands help up saying "stop."

"Don't buy it." Yes, I know. So why do I after a few days? Old habits? Stress and emotional eating? I take on people's problems, have ended some relationships this summer that were negative, said "no" to people for the first time in my life, and felt pretty good about that. THEN, I go for the comfort food. WHY? Why can't I learn substitution of things, rather than fall back on old bad habits such as eating from a bag of something, Sun chips, pretzels, etc. I'll "give up" a snacky awful carb food and replace it with something just a bit "less" bad.

I've been sort of addicted to Jolly Ranchers candy this summer. Popping them all the time. I never even liked them before. What's going on? (I've tapered off on those now, have no idea why they attracted me)

I know WHAT to do. I know what NOT to do. I've done it. I've had success in the past. Why am I being what I think is rebellious? To whom? Myself?

I want to get healthy. Don't I? I want to get off diabetes meds. I want to do it slowly enough so that I keep it off for good. I am 52. It won't get any easier than it is today. Why, for me, is feeling better and looking better not enough to keep me from comforting myself with carbs? Do I WANT to die early?

Okay, that's my rant. I've gotten healthier before, I can do it again, but I need that motivation to WANT to do it for ME. I don't have anyone breathing down my neck criticizng my looks or telling me my weight is the cause of all their anger. Or making deals with me when I weighed 135 to lose ten pounds b/c I was too heavy...THAT never worked. I added weight to insulate myself from people. That's no longer an issue...so...

Positives work for me. "Hey, are you losing weight?" "That pair of jeans looks good on you." "Come take a walk with me" "You're so pretty." blah blah blah. For some reason, that makes me try harder. Positives motivate. Negatives bring about rebellion. From others, and from myself too. If I feel I look like crap, then I tend to give up. When I feel pretty in my clothes (at whatever size) then I do better with the food all day.

So, how to lift up myself to keep doing the things I already KNOW are good for me and work for me?

Like KD said, "help." I don't want to keep dreading going to have my A1C checked and I don't want to keep making lousy excuses.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7444 posts)
Bread and pasta is totally my downfall. Just not having any in the house has helped me sooo much. On Fridays, the kids like to have pizza-nite, but I try to plan for it earlier in the day, so I can have a piece. :)

And yeah?! What's up with losing the boobs first???!!?! After the 2 kids, I didn't end up with much and now after losing some weight, they're basically disappearing! D*mn! Why can't the fat come off my a** or my thighs first?! So not fair. LOL

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(582 posts)
Yes, MyFitnessPal has a recipe section (input the recipe, divide by servings, put into your recipe box).

Paleo: fish, grass-fed pasture raised meats, vegetables, some fruit, nuts & seeds, monounsaturated oils (small amounts) and excludes grains, legumes, dairy products, salt, refined sugar, and processed oils.

As a Registered Dietitian I can point out the good points (eat more vegetables, dump the processed foods, avoid the added sugars & processed oils). But there are some poor points - why avoid whole grains in moderation, clean dairy, non-animal protein from legumes? It's relatively high protein (acidic) which pulls calcium out of our bones to balance the phosphorus, which is then filtered through our kidneys and out in our pee.

So that's why I have just focused on the positives this summer. I continued with my dairy (although I cut the morning choc milk in half, only do my starbucks if I take it to the gym with me on the weekend); brown rice & quinoa & corn as small side dishes; and peanut butter as a snack at work; and tried to step up my fruit/vegetable intake. The only "added sugar" & bread 1 meal per week (usually a Sat night). Drill weekends have been the most difficult - living out of a hotel room. Both Sat nights have ended up bread heavy when we were billeted near the Panera.

The body composition component of the challenge is based on %age change (not absolute). So far it looks like 5% weight loss. Not much compared to a 250 lb person who has already lost 30 lb (12%). Going into this I wasn't thinking about "winning", just challenging myself to see what I could do. After this drill weekend will have 3 weeks left. Big push for final results. I think my goal is 135 lb. Afterwards will probably go back to 140 lb where I was in that hottub picture (and hope some of my boobs come back).

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(960 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   31 to 40 of 64   End
TOPIC: The only title I can think of is, Can someone help me lol