Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness The only title I can think of is, Can someone help me lol
TOPIC: The only title I can think of is, Can someone help me lol
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   22 to 31 of 64   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I've got huge Quads too, I find overhead weighted walking lunges get to my ass.

Or a standing lunge, left/right weighted with a bar in clean position.

Buy I'm by no means an expert, just the movements that make my ass scream the next day...LOL

BTW - Thanks, yes, I've not felt like this in years, if ever! (although right this minute I've got the flu...yucky all around!

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
@itsbeen - Good for you! You're looking great! And feeling great, too I bet. :)

Yes, I know...squats and lunges. Here's my difficulty. I am "quad dominant". I feel everything in my quads and never in my glutes. My thighs look even bigger now because my quads have developed nicely while my butt is still...down there. LOL

I read about elevated glute bridges/hip thrusts (the GluteGuy). I tried it and FINALLY feel something in my butt!! So I am going to try those for a while and see what it does.

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(669 posts)
Wanna - squats, lunges - makes a butt and ASS! LOL

Both of you ladies are to be commended! Great work!

I've been preaching lately to stop worrying about your scale and start worring about how you feel, how your clothes fit, the tone of your arms/legs/abs/ass, etc.

I will admit I finally broke down and had my Dr reveal my weight change since I started Crossfit back last March...in December I was down just shy of 10 pounds. Yep, only 10 pounds, but to see me then and now you'd think it was 40-50 (so I'm told).

I'm stronger, leaner (although not real lean, yet), feel better, got rid of all the XXL shirts and 44/42 pants - feels great!

Don't let the scale be your master! (unless you're into that sorta thing...LOL)

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
LOL!!! All in my a**, kinddragon. All in my a**.

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(669 posts)
Hi kinddragon!! Glad to see you're still working hard! :)

I'm now 3 months post VATS surgery and doing pretty good. Had to take it REALLY easy during the holidays due to pain and I kind of lost ground and motivation, but it's better every day.

I've kind of hit a plateau with my weight, but I'm toning up nicely. (Lost 26lbs since last June). Starting doing some weight training which has been fun.

Still can't get my damn a** to lift up higher. LOL After 44 years, I guess it likes being where it is! :) But I LOVE how I look in clothes now. I ahve to take some new pix!

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(669 posts)
HIIT (high intensity interval training) 3-4 times a week. You don't have to be stuck inside a gym for hours. But you also have to be "active" outside the gym (walk when you can, take the stairs, park further away from your destination, get off the damn couch, etc). Go back to tracking your food - amazing how little stuff adds up (hidden caloric intake). For each meal think about a plate: Your protein doesn't need to be bigger than your palm. Your complex starch should not be more than your fist, and half your plate should be veggies.And twice a day a fist for low/nonfat dairy & a fist for fruit. Add a couple thumbs of healthy fats (e.g. cook with olive oil, add a dab of real butter for flavor, a quarter cup nuts for snack). Turns out this should match your caloric needs for moderately active day. Never eat below your resting metabolic rate. (Look up Mifflin-StJeor equation to calculate REE). I started using myfitnesspal dot com to track my food earlier this summer (for a gym challenge). Average intake ~1800/d (once a week cheat w/choc cake dessert up to highest 2500 kcal). Crossfit workout 4-5 x week, jogging once a week (started training to do Ragnar Relay). Lost 10 lbs on scale, upped my muscle mass by 3 lb, went from ~25% down to ~18% body fat. Lowest I've been in my whole life (I was chunky kid, chunky teen, chunky college, etc). @kind - if I can do this, you can do this. Just have to find your motivation (mine is the challenge of crossfit & then a gym competition). mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(980 posts)
First for your ages your both are about where you should be... which is ahead of the majority of people you ages. GOOD JOB.

Second, what is your target weights?

Third, what do you eat? Not how many calories, but what is it made of? Counting calories only works so long as you know the exact formulas of the food is made of and if you can even trust that labeling. So unless you are making all of your meals from raw materials dug out of the earth or slaughtered and put on market as raw meat... You aren't likely to get a true count.

I personally have gained weight while working out... But lost my waist size by an entire belt hole. Why? I built muscle.

How did I do this? 50 sit ups and push ups and six mile runs 5 days a week. Every time I run out of breath or my body tells me to give up... I kinda push it harder telling it that when I meet mr grim reaper... I intend to shove its scyth up its bony white ass.... But that is me, preparing myself for my eventual fight with death. :-)

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7790 posts)
Kinddragon, you definitely sound like you reached a plateau. To get past that, you need to change up what you're doing. Since you work with a PT, I would suggest they create workouts for you that are far different than what you're currently doing. If you're just working with weights, try using your own body weight and work with stability and medicine balls. For your nutrition, it definitely sounds like you're a little low on the calorie count. You have been correctly told that by doing that, you're putting your body into starvation mode and actually being counter-productive to your goals. No need for a drastic change there, add 100 calories for a week and see how you feel.

One piece of advice I give to everyone we work with. Stay OFF the scale. This is the Biggest Loser mentality that gives the impression that the only way to determine success is by a number. Take photos of yourself every 30 days, you'll see the changes. You say your clothes fit looser, that's a great sign of change right there. The best thing you can do for yourself is keep moving forward, don't let the lack of short-term change discourage you. Results come at different paces for different people, you may just have to work a little harder than the next person. Keep at it, success will come.

Rick

West Sacramento CA
Username hidden
(29 posts)
Made it to 10p. Started my wake up cycling around 2a (despite 10mg ambien). Got up 5a and made it to a local Crossfit box that I like for the 6a WOD (workout of the day). Some lifting (Cleans at 105 lb) then Handstand Pushups & Toes-to-Bar (about 10 min metabolic conditioning).

Icing down my hip then off to work. I think I might get some jogging (or rowing) in this afternoon to burn a few extra calories to make up for yesterday (no workout, and too many chocolate raisins).

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(980 posts)
For me it depends on the time I got up. And my sleep quality the night before. Then what I'm doing in the evening. I can workout 6a then be tired coming home, and be falling asleep on the couch while watching tv at 9p. Or if I stay busy (like chatting online) I can stay awake with good tv shows past 11p. If I workout in the evening (4p, 5p, or 6p hard crossfit workout) I might stay awake late, or I might still be droopy eyed by 9p. Some days I have done 6a metabolic conditioning then gone back for a 7p olympic lifting (or 5p yoga). Might stay up, might want to go to bed early. Biggest thing that makes me tired at night. 1) just watching tv without doing something with my hands/mind and 2) high carbs (one night I had my cheat chocolate cake at 8p and by 9p it was lights out). Let's see how it goes for me toniight. I was up at 3a my time, traveled East two time zones and have to be up at 5a locally to get my workout in before work. Can I make it to 10p locally?

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(980 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   22 to 31 of 64   End
TOPIC: The only title I can think of is, Can someone help me lol