The only title I can think of is, Can someone help me lol : Swingers Discussion 2076651051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessThe only title I can think of is, Can someone help me lol
TOPIC: The only title I can think of is, Can someone help me lol
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   51 to 60 of 64   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Your weight loss slows down when you cut your calories so drastically because you are putting your metabolism into an emergency mode. You are burning muscle for fuel instead of fat. You are both on a starvation diet as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not your trainer but I wouldn't take the approach that you both are taking.

As to that Gat fuel, I wouldn't go near a thermogenic supp with a 10 foot pole.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16520 posts)
@kind- Why thank you! Oh no, I have lots more to go. All my excess weight is in my butt and thighs. (Side note - When losing weight, **WHY** does the fat come off your boobs first?!?? Argh!!! Just where I DON'T need to lose! LOL)

I try to keep my carbs down, which is hard because I LOVE bread, pasta, rice, pizza, fruits, etc. When I'm good about it, my tummy is flat as a board. When I slack off and have a carb-heavy day, I'm bloated and weigh more the next day.

Kinda having a tough time right now as I can't do cardio for a week. (I have a pneumothorax which happens occasionally. Spent the morning at the doctor having chest xrays, etc. Ugh, such a hassle.)

Had a thought about your lack of weight loss.... I found that when I cut my calories too much, my weight loss slowed waayyy down. I actually seem to lose faster when I'm up around 1500. It's like my body goes into "starvation mode" and hangs onto the weight. Just a thought.

I started out slowly with the GAT Jet Fuel. You can take up to 6 a day, but I started with 1 a day then slowly added. 2 in the morning and 1 around 2 o'clock seems to work for me. Not jittery or dizzy at all. My hormones pills make me waayy dizzier.

Lahaina HI

Username hidden
(493 posts)
" Muscles don't eat fat. "

I don't think that... ======================== I didn't say that you did. Someone posted that in response to you. It is incorrect and misinformation.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16520 posts)
Oh...I'm also taking GAT Jet Fuel. It sees to help with appetite control. I still feel hungry, but I'm not "hangry". :)

Lahaina HI

Username hidden
(493 posts)
@kind - I hear ya, girl!! I've been doing almost exactly the same as you since end of May. I've lost about 18 lbs so far, but it has been a struggle. Peri-menopause, hormone pills, and just plain laziness is fighting back.

I've been trying to stick to under 1400 cal a day. I log everything that goes in my mouth, track the carbs, protein and fat. I've slacked off this week a bit, but will start logging better tomorrow. I found that I can't go lower than 1350 cal as I start to get REALLY lightheaded.

My exercise program is usually 3-5 days a week: 1/2 to 1 hour on the treadmill and then Brazil Butt Lift dvd (it's a killer, but my butt has seriously changed). I also take a Zumba class at least once a week. Hubby and I are actually thinking of joining the Y next month; then I can take zumba and other classes 5 mornings a week!! Awesome!!! Much rather do my cardio with dancing than zoning out on the treadmill.

Lahaina HI

Username hidden
(493 posts)
First of all Congratulations on your commitment to improve your health. Say that with me, "improve your health". Because that should really be your goal. The changes you see on the outside are the OUTCOME of eating the right things, and maintaining an active lifestyle. Next remember, it took a long time for to gain the weight that you're trying to lose. Be patient when you try to get it off again. Also realize that you are managing against a metabolic "headwind". We slow down as we age, even if we maintain the same diet and lifestyle. I guarantee you that if you make sustainable changes to your diet, and exercise with cardio and weights, you will see results over the long term. You will be happier, sleep better, etc. Three words of advise at this point. One, Go to a local gym and workout with a trainer, even if its for 3 sessions. They should be able to judge the level and correctness of your workout plan. trainers here cost about $30/session. Two, remember the no amount of exercise can make up for a bad diet. Have a chat with yourself. Are you really sticking to your diet? Three, supplementation is the third leg of the stool when it comes to fitness. Educate yourself on proper supplementation. There is a ton of non-marketing related info out there. Google "fitness forums". But if nothing else, make sure you're taking a one a day with calcium. and drinking a crap load of water.

Good luck

Gulf Shores AL

Username hidden
(20 posts)
HIIT is good but dangerous, I would recommend talking with your physician first. second make sure that you have safety precautions against falls. Tabata is a killer ...it will drain the living force out of you so make sure that you dont do it more than 2 times /week with a good rest in between. I also recommend a good cool down like 5min don't just jump out of the treadmil you might faint.

New York NY

Username hidden
(313 posts)
I wouldn't recommend that to someone who has never worked out before. She's only been at it for 3 months. In my experience, dealing with people like Kind, working out as intensely as you described makes them burn out and quit.

I do agree on HIIT.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16520 posts)
1 lb per week average is the highest you should aim for, so you have acheived that. Sometimes there is a plateau as your body adjusts.

1200 kcal/d may be too low and your body goes into a conservation mode, decreasing the idle speed (so to speak).

Change your cardio to INTERVAL training. High intensity, short duration workouts. Run 400m as fast as you can, then walk 400m active recovery. Repeat for 30 min. Boom! Tabata work (20 sec as hard as you can, 10 sec rest, repeat for 8 sets each exercise): jump rope, pushups, sit ups, air squats.

Challenge your muscles! That is the metabolically active tissue (i.e. burns while you sleep). Measure circumfrence of waist, hip, thighs, chest. Hard to do calipers on yourself (best is someone very experienced doing skinfolds, takes a lot of practice). As we age we lose muscle mass, leading to decreased basal metabolism, so we have to work harder to get the same results that someone younger gets with the same workout.

mrs svc (registered dietitian, sports & weight mgmt, crossfit enthusiast)

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
30-60 minutes cardio a week is not going to do a thing for you. Furthermore, it's how you do it, how high you bring your heart rate etc that counts.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16520 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   51 to 60 of 64   End
TOPIC: The only title I can think of is, Can someone help me lol