The only title I can think of is, Can someone help me lol : Swingers Discussion 2076651041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessThe only title I can think of is, Can someone help me lol
TOPIC: The only title I can think of is, Can someone help me lol
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   41 to 50 of 64   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Still doing the challenge. Started 144 lbs (63") and the Bodpod said I was 22% fat (I disagree, I know my body and have about 108 lbs "non-fat" mass so it should have been 25%). Started 3rd week of June.

Down to 136-137 lb, restest the Bodpod end of Sept (the challenge is suppose to end Sep 29th). Tracking intake on MyFitnessPal. Most days ~1500 kcals. Some times 1200 and a few cheat days as high as 2200 (one day got to 3000 but we went out to a fancy dinner at Mortons before going to see Wicked and while I skipped the bread, I ended up with 1 1/2 desserts and the entree was at least 1200 kcal (Chicken Christopher).

As I said before, Paleo is a modified version of Atkins (lower in carbs than typical American diet). When you can't "cheat" (bite of chocolate here, mini-candy there, etc), it's easier to stick to the needed kcals...and yes, lower carb does seem to move the belly fat for most people. Also been hungry at night and if I did eat a snack, it was a cheese stick, or an apple, or a couple dried apricots. No ice cream (haven't had any since starting this).

Toughest part is lunch at work. End up with salad bar most days (with chopped egg & deli meat for the protein). I don't like many vegetables. I'm not "clean" but cleaner than before the challenge. Everyone at the gym has noticed a decreased in body fat (especially upper). Hubby not so thrilled (boobs got smaller and he's not a fan of my arm veins ). I may look like Linda Hamilton now (doing those pullup in her cell).

The workouts would have happened with or without the challenge. And you can't out-exercise a bad diet. Part of the challenge is body comp change over the 90 days, the other part is fitness (improving our time on a run/air squat workout, and a weight lifting workout). I don't think I can win the weight loss part since I didn't have that much to lose in the first place (%age-wise) compared to some of the bigger folks doing this (1 big guy has lost 30 lbs so far, did the Rhino-Course with me last week).

End of the challenge there is a pizza at the M Resort's Marinelli's bar that has my name on it. Doesn't mean I'm going all the way back to how I was eating before....but I don't *feel* any different being gluten-free.

To put this in perspective, Jan 2009 I weighed 165 lb. Lost 20 lbs while in Iraq when I first started doing Crossfit, was walking about 10,000 steps/day, eating 3 meals/d (good breakfast w/ fruit & protein & starch), only having dessert once-a-week, and tons more water/only 1 diet soda/d (stuff tasted different from US version).

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(956 posts)
I work with Celiac & food allergy patients all the time. Gluten free grains & starch: Quinoa, Corn, Millet, Buckwheat, Rice (stick with brown and wild), Sweet Potato (limit white, always include the skin), certified gluten-free oats (they are often processed where wheat is also in the air; you can get GF oats at Whole Foods/Trader Joes).

Has gluten: Wheat, Rye, Barley, Spelt, Triticale, Malt. And anything made with one of these as an ingredient.

Be aware that GF products that are subs for breads/pastas are usually high glycemic index (insulin spikes after eating). A GF cookie is still a cookie (nothing magic about it being GF).

I went quazi Paleo this summer for a gym fitness challenge. GF (except for my Saturday cheat meal) meant no bread, no pasta, no cereal (didn't even use GF cereal). I say "quazi" but I still include peanut butter and dairy. Turned into a semi-low carbish (I get plenty from my fruits/vegetables & milk/yogurt, about 110-150 g/d). Pretty much the only thing I eat that comes in a box is the brown rice, oatmeal, and raisins. I use MyFitnessPal for tracking my foods (and exercise).

mrs svc (Registered Dietitian, Crossfit Level 1 Trainer)

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(956 posts)
Kind,

If I were you, I'd focus on what you've been doing thus far. I was going to offer you an opinion when you were at a standstill, but you don't need it. It seems that you are doing just fine!

Keep going.

What is your goal btw?

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
Sounds like from your reply, that diet and activity are going well. Supplementation should be your other area of improvement (as well as not smoking).

At some point you trainer should help you with your measurements. It should be the tale of the tape and not the scale that dictates your success.

Gulf Shores AL
Username hidden
(20 posts)
Kind,

Have you tried cutting down on the smoking? Not quitting cold turkey, but cutting down?

It appears that you have lost some weight since you were 164. So it seems that things are working fine.

If I recall correctly, you were in the 170# when you started? so in what is it now, four months? it seems to me that you're doing fine!

You can't melt it all off overnight, it took you years to put it on. Remember that.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
@kind - Retired!!! I *dream* of that day! LOL

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(539 posts)
I feel I'm actually doing pretty good with my diet and exercise plan, simple and stupid as it is. I try to read up on various diet and nutritional ideas, but it seems like a lot of stuff just contradicts each other, so....who knows?!?

Our kids and our business take up the vast majority of my day and brain-space, so like this LS, I do what I can - when I can. I know I'll never have Gisele Bundchen's body, but I'm enjoying seeing the results and hearing the compliments I'm getting. Could I do better by going to see a nutritionist and working out with a personal trainer? Sure! But finances are too tight for luxuries like that right now. But I sure appreciate all the hints and tips I read on here! :)

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(539 posts)
Nothing that pumping up your routine can't solve.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
Smoking/nicotine is an artificial stimulant. Quitting will cause a slower metabolism for awhile. And people look for alternatives to the "hand to mouth" activity (so both contribute the typical weight gain after quitting).

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(956 posts)
I don't have much time now, I'll respond later, quick question, do you still smoke?

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   41 to 50 of 64   End
TOPIC: The only title I can think of is, Can someone help me lol