The hypocrisy that is our society : Swingers Discussion 1730391011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessThe hypocrisy that is our society
TOPIC: The hypocrisy that is our society
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 19 of 19 
User Details are only visible to members.
CatnipFun

Well done!

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8004 posts)
lol Seduction4Two I'm not saying anyone is OK or not OK at all - no judgement of anyone intended. I'm pretty sure all I was trying to say here is not to judge people who might enjoy a burger here or there - it doesn't have to mean "we're a hypocritical society". As for the politics thread, I'm happy for anyone who enjoys sniping at eachother in the politics forum - I just don't get it. A good debate with original thought sure - we love that too. But most of that forum is just regurgitation of the same stuff we could get reading what the anonymous trolls in yahoo news post... not a turn-on.

...but that's not what this thread is about - it's about a "hypocritical society" when it comes to health and fitness issues. Frankly on one level we DO agree, but to a much greater extent we feel the bigger problem is that people on the whole get too extreme - politically or health-wise - that is the bigger problem facing American society. People should be allowed to navigate their way and find the middle ground or balance that works for them without people on one extreme or another trying to tell them how to live. If I want health advice I like being able to watch a health show, and if I want to go out to dinner I like being able to watch reviews of restaurants on TV as well. Don't really need to feel that not living all one way or all another will be judged at all by anyone, much less have it be called hypocritical...

Hopkinton MA
Username hidden
(256 posts)
Actually hate to be the devil's advocate, but we disagree with what most people posted here.

We go to the gym 4 or 5 times a week, plus hit the exercise mat as part of every morning routine. That's been for almost all of our adult married lives.

Once or twice a week, we also like to have drinks and/or go to a restaurant and enjoy a yummy meal that perhaps we know isn't healthy. We don't do it if we're trying to LOSE weight, but with our level of fitness activity we are able to do it without gaining weight. So we LIKE to know about some insane sized but reputably delicious burger or pizza or whatever.

We would think that people in the lifestyle would be less anal about enjoying a breadth of life's pleasures. Is there perhaps a little hypocrisy in the notion that swingers who are trying to experience more of one aspect of what the human condition has to offer then turn around and criticize people who might choose a different aspect of the human condition to indulge in?

Hopkinton MA
Username hidden
(256 posts)
Sed, I can only agree. You and I (and our spice--spice being the plural of spouse) understand that responsibility is not a goal, it's a standard. Wish the world would see it that way.

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(437 posts)
hate to be a smart ass but my only opinion about that show regarding the best burgers is that they did not include a pairing with beer for the best match.

what a combo.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2157 posts)
That R word. Responsibility. Society is not responsible. Society is not hypocritical. Individuals make decisions about what and about how much they eat.

Please do not blame marketing or the TV. If the TV drives you to have repeated BigBoyBurgers with BiggieFries, there is a simple solution:

Pick up the remote. Press the Power Off button.

Yes, a lot of folks have difficulty losing the weight they have gained. I respect their efforts to lose. I do what I can to help. But I don't think that obviates the fact that the hand-to-mouth process that got them into trouble involved their hand and their mouth.

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(437 posts)
No, I don't think these shows should be taken off the air. We have become a society that doesn't want to accept responsibility for their own actions. The ads and shows don't make these people unhealthy. The fact that they eat crap, on a regular basis, does.

Besides I love those shows and am considering taking a trip, this summer, going wherever the food takes me. :)

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17852 posts)
I see your point, we talk about it all the time, but what it comes down to is taking responsibility for ones own actions. (what ya stuff in your neck hole)

The commercials are just that, ad campaigns to prey on the meek and the week, especially the ones centered around food or exercise.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8004 posts)
So, this is just a thought I'm throwing out there. I'm sitting here munching on my salad, enjoying the evening....flipping through channels. What I find amusing...yet, sad...is the hypocrisy. On one channel there is a show about fitness. Next, a commercial saying take this pill and you dont have to work out and lose 60 pounds....then you see the lady that said on this program I lost 80 pounds. THEN...flip! And you see a show about the best fast food joints in the country. How can people stay focused with all of these mixed signals?!? Do you think shows like "the best pizza places in America" should be taken off tv? I mean, you can't show a commercial on cigarettes...which I agree with.........but you can show people how yummy this friggin 8 pound cheeseburger is? Am I the only one that thinks thats insane?!?

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 19 of 19 
TOPIC: The hypocrisy that is our society