The hypocrisy that is our society : Swingers Discussion 173039
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessThe hypocrisy that is our society
TOPIC: The hypocrisy that is our society
Created by: lost_j1
Original Starting post for this thread:
So, this is just a thought I'm throwing out there. I'm sitting here munching on my salad, enjoying the evening....flipping through channels. What I find amusing...yet, sad...is the hypocrisy. On one channel there is a show about fitness. Next, a commercial saying take this pill and you dont have to work out and lose 60 pounds....then you see the lady that said on this program I lost 80 pounds. THEN...flip! And you see a show about the best fast food joints in the country. How can people stay focused with all of these mixed signals?!? Do you think shows like "the best pizza places in America" should be taken off tv? I mean, you can't show a commercial on cigarettes...which I agree with.........but you can show people how yummy this friggin 8 pound cheeseburger is? Am I the only one that thinks thats insane?!?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
User Details are only visible to members.
The beginning of our weight loss began with mild excercise and eating strictly HALF the portion that we'd normally eat. Now we just naturally eat smaller meals.

Redford MI
Username hidden
(303 posts)
It's all about demographics. You see, Lost, you were watching television on a channel and time of day that was targeted at lazy overweight folks. lol Get healthy without the work!

I noticed this with my retired dad. Now he likes to watch TV that is obviously aimed toward people with no work ethic. (My dad actually is a hard worker, this is just the time-slot that he chills out at) All of "his" commercials are how to make money the quick easy way, and how you, yes you! can sue even if it is your own fault.

Society is on a pretty lame path. Sometimes I think of the movie Wall-E. Yikes

Redford MI
Username hidden
(303 posts)
"If you can do some high intensity, interval training then you can reap health benefits from just 15 min a day. "

I said this before and was laughed at: Rough, active sex is one of the BEST high intensity interval training regimes in the world.....for the one on top anyway ;)

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3579 posts)
Talk about big burgers, have you seen the ones served at "Heart Attack Grill"?? Just walked by that place the other night and almost barfed from the grease smell. They opened up a spot at the far end of Fremont Street in downtown Las Vegas. - h

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(958 posts)
South Vegas, we have seen cheeseburgers served around here that my mother would have called a meatloaf that she served a family of four. The portions are just nonsensical. We often split a dinner when we eat out.

Ottawa IL
Username hidden
(66 posts)
1fatcactus - we can all definitely include "daily lifestyle activities" as contributing to caloric output. Some people have more active jobs than others. Those of us with desk jobs and long commutes sitting in cars/buses/etc have to find some time during the day to make up for sedentary lifestyles. 100 years ago most people were moving/lifting/walking all day long. They needed the extra calories. The overweight people were rich (they had servants doing all the physical work for them).

If you can do some high intensity, interval training then you can reap health benefits from just 15 min a day.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(958 posts)
1fatcactus - we can all definitely include "daily lifestyle activities" as contributing to caloric output. Some people have more active jobs than others. Those of us with desk jobs and long commutes sitting in cars/buses/etc have to find some time during the day to make up for sedentary lifestyles. 100 years ago most people were moving/lifting/walking all day long. They needed the extra calories. The overweight people were rich (they had servants doing all the physical work for them).

If you can do some high intensity, interval training then you can reap health benefits from just 15 min a day.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(958 posts)
Great posts! I feel for you if you are reading these posts about "weight" and feel like nothing works for you maybe this will help.

I once had a man in his 60's who asked me how he could get arms like mine. I said you want an honest answer? You wont! But there are things you can do to look your best. If you tried diets, gym, etc. and nothing works, its probably due to your expectations and doing things that will never work for you. The things on TV will never work for the majority of people. Here are a couple tips that may get you in the right direction:

1) GIVE YOUR EFFORTS TIME! How about a one year or longer time frame to get into a routine. Unless you have been involved in some grueling sports in the past and mentally know how to take the punishment you will quit. Start an exercise program that is VERY SIMPLE. Touch your toes, jumping jacks, stretching, etc.. and a SHORT time frame...30 minutes. Build up to a program that you can do and does not make you want to quit. If you wanna quit... WRONG PROGRAM.

2) Food. Start by cutting out a few things at a time. My first thing to cut when I need to lose weight is desserts. Then bread. Then portion size. BUT this works for me.

3) Learn what works for you. There is so much information on weight loss BUT nothing was written for you specifically. Learn from what's out there BUT make your own program. I trade things I love to eat for things I don't HAVE to have.

4) The Body is Stupid! It will do whatever the mind tells it to do. If you tell your legs to jump off a cliff... they will do it. So tell your body what its gonna do!

5) Find things to keep you motivated. I change my exercise routines when I get bored and I get bored easily!

Livermore CA
Username hidden
(3635 posts)
The problem is that most people don't want to hear that losing fat is hard work; getting strong is hard work; getting in shape is hard work. Telling people, "Take this pill/do this diet/do this workout routine for a month and you'll lose 10lbs!" sells.

Telling people, "Eat sensibly to support your activities, don't sit on your ass watching TV all day every day, and pursue an active lifestyle and you'll see the results you want in a few years' time" doesn't work so well.

It's important to keep in mind that everyone in the media telling you how to lose fat is trying to sell you something.

Oakland CA
Username hidden
(84 posts)
sort of like NY state banning toys in a happy meal. really, the toy makes your kids fat? oh, it is the kids wanting the toy, and you giving in and buying the stupid meal, more than occaisionally.

let me have my toy in the box, we'll moderate the Minx family.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2168 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
TOPIC: The hypocrisy that is our society