Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness Testosterone What
TOPIC: Testosterone What
Created by: My_hypocrisy The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
Yeah, the DHT is a bad thing. I'm having the effects of it as well, as DHT gets in the roots of your hair and makes the normal male pattern baldness aggressive to varying degrees. I've noticed a marked thinness in my hair that is on the very top of my head; something I did not want.

However, with more research and being into the herbal thing, I've found that I increase my prescribed blocking agent dosage along with a herbal supplement designed to reenergize the scalp and set the right conditions to grow hair again, and it' full of herbs well know to serve as DHT blockers. It is applied directly to the scalp. Most say you'll see a marked change in your hair in about 4-6 weeks of usage, we'll see. However, I'll still use it just for the herbal blockage of DHT, this being a fact.

Had my prostate checked just recently and it's just fine. Definitely if you're considering HRT, supplement with an ample amount of S.P. as I've done from the beginning.

RW

El Paso TX
Username hidden
(4 posts)
something to consider, I am very much into natural health, and found that the most current info is the estrogen is the true cause of prostate cancer not DHT as once thought. HRT patients have a high risk due to test aromitizing into estrogen. the supplement DIM may be vey helpful in preventing this from accuring. This might improve your HRT and protect from side effects.

Regardless of being on HRT you can still suffer from symptoms of low test if it is aromatizing to estrogen at a high rate. DIM is a natural supplement derived from broccalli, kale, calliflower maybe some others. Anyway I suggest anyone on HRT read up on it. Many of my customers have used it with good results.

Fresno CA
Username hidden
(1 post)
Interesting that I came across this thread. I could write a book on the benefits of Test supplementation.

I was in the best shape of my life at 36 and by the time I hit 43, I was a complete wreck, emotionally, physically, and prone to nagging colds and other various naggings short term illnesses.

My test level had dropped below 110, my muscle mass had reduced, in fact my arms were a third smaller than they were just 7 years previous. I had gained weight though I still worked out a bit. I was unhappy with my life, sick of being sick, and tired of being tired. My wife was also suffering from my condition which was the most mentally stressing issue for me. My performace sexually was less 75% of what it was 20 years previously. I was on a contuing down hill slide in all areas of my life.

Until found out about HRT!

A complete lab workup was done and the doc prescribed Test Cypionate and also Nandralone Deca. Also a B-12 supplement. He told me that in about 3-4 weeks I should feel a definite mesurable difference in the way I felt, thought, and performed. Actually, I started feeling a measurable difference in just 7 days! Having been a paratrooper for many years, my knees and shoulders were always aching. After 7 days (attributed to the Deca) my joint pain was all gone. I weighed 241 lbs on May 24th and by Aug 8th, I had dropped down to 215 and felt like I was 35 again. In Oct of that same year I had further dropped down to 194. Waist had trimmed from a 44 to a 36 all with easy daily workouts! I have since cycled on an off the program and should before long with more strenuous workouts be in the upper 170s with a considerable additonal muscle mass, more in line with when I was 35 but this time probably a bit more. I'm not after big gains in mass though I'll take it as it is a benefit of the therapy.

I'm very thankful that I found this course of action. Everything that was against me in the past has been 100% reversed.

Now the only issues I deal with is properly protecting my prostate and I do this with regular herbal supplementation of Saw Palmetto and other things. Now that my test leves are on par with a 17 year old, I have noticed that I have 17 year old baggage as well, namely bumps on my face just like I did when I was 17 the first time. I'll gladly sacrifice a few extra minutes each day in front of the bathroom mirror properly cleaning my face any day! Sure beats the hell out of what I was previously going through!

Other things I noticed within the first month..... a. Out of the blue erections for no apparent reason. b. More firmer erections and longer lasting ones as well. c. More sexual stamina. d. And a sex life that has gone through the roof. e. Night time and early morning erections more intense than when I was younger.

Today I have a very satisfied wife of 20+years and some very satisfied playmates as well.

The program has to be supervised properly. Don't take this into your own hands thinking that you'll be your own doctor and purchas the stuff from he black market or from friends what know where to get it. Let him make the proper decisions for you and definitely supplement to protect your prostate.

RW

El Paso TX
Username hidden
(4 posts)
"Thats unfortunate, Sima. What was his course of action? "

It's watch and wait right now. Most likely at some point there will be surgery....just don't know when yet. Depends on future PSA results.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
As long as Mr. Sim can remember his yearly PSA has always come in at around 1.3. About a year and a half ago, Mr. Sim started taking testo shots because he was on the low side. This past year his PSA shot up to 5.6. Need I say more....

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Re: Prostate Cancer and Testosterone

Prostate Cancer can be considered a disease of aging. It develops in virtually all men provided that they live long enough. The PSA and other screening exams cannot detect the malignancies until they have reached some size. However, hormonal therapy will fuel the growth of even a few cells.

Does the hormone 'cause' the cancer? Unlikely. Will the hormone fuel the growth of a prostate cancer from an undetectable size? Likely. Thequestion, then, is one of balanced risk. If you think YOU are unlikely to have developed any malignant prostate cells at your age, then testosterone poses little risk. On the other hand... you get the idea.

The existentialist philosopher Kierkegaard pointed out that "life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backward". Same applies here. If you supplement with testosterone and develop a clinically apparent prostate cancer in the next few years, you'll know that you probably had it when you started testosterone and the hormone fueled the growth. If not, then you got the benefit without risk coming to fruition.

So how often _are_ the great philosophers quoted on SLS...;-) ?

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
A couple of notes on testosterone and aging...

There is (as already noted) a life cycle of testosterone levels. Decisions about what represents a pathologically low level (and therefore in need of supplementation) are inherently individual.

As the baby boomers entire Medicare years and are clawing to hold on to many aspects of youth, the medical community has responded by "medicalizing" many of the normal changes associated with aging. Industries have spring up offering treatments that are expensive and carry uncertain risk.

See, for example, this link (take out the spaces) on Cenegenics

htt p: //w ww.cb snews.c om/stories/2006/04/19/60minutes/main1512855.sh tml

My point is that the decision to use these hormones should not be taken lightly, but rather with a thoughtful and complete understanding of the risks and benefits.

And who profits.

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
This is off the Mayo Clinic website and mirrors what Mr. Sim's doctor said. However, one of the good side effects of testo therapy (which isn't stated below) is less chance of heart disease. * * * * * "Risk factors for prostate cancer: Knowing the risk factors for prostate cancer can help you determine if and when you want to begin prostate cancer screening. The main risk factors include:

Age. After age 50, your chance of having prostate cancer increases. Race or ethnicity. For reasons that aren't well understood, black men have a higher risk of developing and dying of prostate cancer.

Family history. If your father or brother has prostate cancer, your risk of the disease is greater than that of the average man.

Diet. A high-fat diet and obesity may increase your risk of prostate cancer. One theory is that fat increases production of the hormone testosterone, which may promote the development of prostate cancer cells.

High testosterone levels. Because testosterone naturally stimulates the growth of the prostate gland, men who use testosterone therapy are more likely to develop prostate cancer than are men who have lower levels of testosterone. Also, doctors are concerned that testosterone therapy might fuel the growth of prostate cancer that is already present. Long-term testosterone treatment also may cause prostate gland enlargement (benign prostatic hyperplasia). "

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
The only bad side of taking Testo is as the male body matures, it's made to naturally decline in testo and when levels are increased back up to "prime" that increases chances of prostate cancer. Mr. Sim started taking bi-monthly shots of testo because his levels were low, but his doctor hesitated on his decision because of the prostate factor.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: Testosterone What