THIN PEOPLE MAY BE FAT ON INSIDE : Swingers Discussion 78795
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessTHIN PEOPLE MAY BE FAT ON INSIDE
TOPIC: THIN PEOPLE MAY BE FAT ON INSIDE
Created by: dzzyred
Original Starting post for this thread:
What the F????

If it really is what's on the inside that counts, then a lot of thin people might be in trouble. Some doctors now think that the internal fat surrounding vital organs like the heart, liver or pancreas - invisible to the naked eye - could be as dangerous as the more obvious external fat that bulges underneath the skin.

"Being thin doesn't automatically mean you're not fat," said Dr. Jimmy Bell, a professor of molecular imaging at Imperial College, London. Since 1994, Bell and his team have scanned nearly 800 people with MRI machines to create "fat maps" showing where people store fat.

According to the data, people who maintain their weight through diet rather than exercise are likely to have major deposits of internal fat, even if they are otherwise slim. "The whole concept of being fat needs to be redefined," said Bell, whose research is funded by Britain's Medical Research Council.

Without a clear warning signal - like a rounder middle - doctors worry that thin people may be lulled into falsely assuming that because they're not overweight, they're healthy.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
OMG, I just read that yesterday LOL. NOW, you cant just worry about being fat on the outside, you have to worry about the INSIDE TOO!! Like I didn't have enough issues already??? LOL. They are talking mainly about people who have lots of abdominal fat. What happens is fat collects around the organs, from what I've read its from the release of cortisol and nature's flight or fight mechanism in response to stress. Its unhealthy to have fat deposits around the vital organs. Shelly

San Marcos TX

Username hidden
(23995 posts)
Like your not dzzy, you know how I want your bod!....hehe

JoAnn

Tucson AZ

Username hidden
(7691 posts)
flirt!!!!!!!

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Bama I bet you could give a lot of great exercise...lol

JoAnn

Tucson AZ

Username hidden
(7691 posts)
Can fat people be thin on the inside?

Rochester NY

Username hidden
(10343 posts)
Gezz dzzy that makes me feel better now I think I need to find a gym....lol

JoAnn

Tucson AZ

Username hidden
(7691 posts)
off to the gym :-)

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
What the F????

If it really is what's on the inside that counts, then a lot of thin people might be in trouble. Some doctors now think that the internal fat surrounding vital organs like the heart, liver or pancreas - invisible to the naked eye - could be as dangerous as the more obvious external fat that bulges underneath the skin.

"Being thin doesn't automatically mean you're not fat," said Dr. Jimmy Bell, a professor of molecular imaging at Imperial College, London. Since 1994, Bell and his team have scanned nearly 800 people with MRI machines to create "fat maps" showing where people store fat.

According to the data, people who maintain their weight through diet rather than exercise are likely to have major deposits of internal fat, even if they are otherwise slim. "The whole concept of being fat needs to be redefined," said Bell, whose research is funded by Britain's Medical Research Council.

Without a clear warning signal - like a rounder middle - doctors worry that thin people may be lulled into falsely assuming that because they're not overweight, they're healthy.

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: THIN PEOPLE MAY BE FAT ON INSIDE