Sweat v Not sweating : Swingers Discussion 106041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessSweat v Not sweating
TOPIC: Sweat v Not sweating
Created by: ring2s
Original Starting post for this thread:
At the gym today a lady was talking to me about her workout which I found interesting but also wondering if there was any validity to it. She indicated that she does not like to sweat so she works out up to the point of sweating. She did not indicate if she was losing weight and she was on the heavy side. Can you actually lose weight without sweating? Because if you can sign me up. lol

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 18   End
User Details are only visible to members.
just what we needed... a rushin' russian...

Willingboro NJ
Username hidden
(9310 posts)
Well, now that I've heard you weigh in on this one, I can reveal that I have been on the side of those who say that all other things being equal, a workout done in a meat locker with frost on the walls is just as beneficial as a workout done at normal room temperature. In other words, the ambient temperature of the workout room does not substantially affect the caloric value or fitness value of the workout.

Willingboro NJ
Username hidden
(9310 posts)
Okay, on the topic of sweating during workouts, a recent debate has popped up among us at the gym:

While working on a rather intensive cardio type workout, in this case, repetitions of various kicking and striking drills, the question arises is there is any more benefit to the workout if it is done in the heat, vs. the same exact workout done in an air conditioned room. Going one step further, we have then debated the benefits or deficits of having fans blowing in the room.

Those against the air conditioning or fans feel that they sweat more from the same level of workout, and therefore must be getting more benefit from it. Those in favor of the fans and air conditioning say that by staying cooler and breathing better air, they can push harder and workout longer than they could in the heat and still air.

Anyone have any thoughts, or even better yet, anyone have any evidence in support of either camp?

-Lurk

Willingboro NJ
Username hidden
(9310 posts)
yuk.

That's perhaps why I like genitals that are shaven or at least trimmed up. Nothing worse than sweaty-smelling genital areas.

But working up a sweat together is great as long as you are clean beforehand. I think I tend to be rather "juicy," drooly (ask my dentist, and my husband) and slurpy. I definitely use the clinical brand of deodorant, so no problems there.

Anyway, workout sweats just plain old feel good.

Any thoughts on saunas after a sweaty workout?

G.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(5605 posts)
Go on Gina! LOL I'm very glad you had a great time. Honestly though I'm anti sweat. I am a clean freak and cannot stand it. Well, this is because I played with a man who had a very unmanicured beard. And sweat tends to "funnel" through beards. And he was sweating profusely. Well not to be gross but his sweat went into my mouth and I had to resist gagging. So from then on I'm totally turn the a/c down or do whatever but please do not sweat profusely all over me.

Username hidden
(23994 posts)
Great sex is the sweatiest activity for me...and others. When we were at the club in Vegas, I hooked up with a gorgeous guy (a cross between Keanu Reeves, Brandon Lee and John Cusack, all favorites) and we went to a private room where he f*cked my brains out. I thought he actually was cumming on my neck and chest, but it was actually his sweat dripping on me. May sound gross to some, but not to me, as we had access to a shower afterwards, and it didn't bother either of us. Was fun.

Workout sweat is good too. hehehe.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(5605 posts)
Last year at the Club O in St. Martin, some guy who was my age gave me a nice complement. He asked me how he can look like me coming out of the water. I told him that I work out an hour a day, 6 days a week. He responded back saying that he doesn't like to exercise, but still wanted to achieve a better body. I laughed and said you're not.

Then I told him to try to find something he enjoys doing that is physical and do it a lot more. Exercise is not just working out at a gym (I don't do that), but it can be bicycle riding, mountain climbing, water skiing, just to name a few. If you can find something you love to do that is physical activity, it makes the workout much more enjoyable.

Endwell NY
Username hidden
(54 posts)
funlov... I assuming your the hubby... I f you are I will help make you sweat too.

Lansing MI
Username hidden
(1624 posts)
lol I help you work up a sweat ;)

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
Content, I must agree with you. I started working out not b/c of health reasons but b/c I was fat. Coming from a large family I woke up one day realized I was becoming like them..lol Health reasons were the furthest from my mine. And if I could reman thin without having to workout I would.

Lansing MI
Username hidden
(1624 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 18   End
TOPIC: Sweat v Not sweating