Supplements for Morning Workouts : Swingers Discussion 1904261011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessSupplements for Morning Workouts
TOPIC: Supplements for Morning Workouts
GoTo Page: 1 2 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 20 
User Details are only visible to members.
Vegas Cpl / Seduction4Two -

Thanks for commenting on the nutritional food aspect of the diet. Currently, I do track my macronutrients calculating Protein/Carb/Fat per meal for the day against my caloric intake. I am not a morning person and eating a meal is not all that desirable until after the workout. I have read that cardio can be done on "starvation" (using this loosely since no food before wkout). But, I do cardio everyother day. I do work muscle groups not for bulk but for health/strength, but I do not want to rip my protein from my muscle and realize that that starvation at this point is counter productive. I also realize that everyone is different and how they utilize food/supplements affects them somewhat differently too. It is interesting to see how each does the pre-workout food regiment.

Perry OH

Username hidden
(117 posts)
BlackLeatherMan - that is a dream diet without a conscience!!! lol

Perry OH

Username hidden
(117 posts)
I'm not sure ANYTHING from DD would count as nutrition......

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
I haven't really paid too much attention to my diet BUT I have a kid who is looking out for me complete with lectures. ;-p

I remember you mentioning that chocolate milk replenishment some time ago H. I've been doing that ever since. Yesterday I used Dunkin Donuts hot mint chocolate with milk. Hope that counts!

Lyndhurst NJ

Username hidden
(3580 posts)
There are 22 amino acids used by our human bodies to create all the proteins in our body (muscle, enzymes, hormones). We get these from food. 8 are considered essential AA because they cannot be created from other AA in our diet. Animal proteins are complete (they have all the amino acids including the essentials). Typically 7 g protein per 1 oz meat. Whole eggs are 8 g each. Plant & grains have some protein (2-3 g per standard serving) but they can be limited in some of our essential AAs. But you can balance them out mixing grain with beans or nuts (important advice for vegans) or just making sure you get adequate animal proteins during the day.

My favorite post workout replenishment is simple, inexpensive chocolate milk (4:1 carb:prot ratio).

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
When you mention food,I think of amino acids,such as in HGH or human growth hormone.Its a combination of 191 or 192 amino acids.You can get that from herbals.As for the muscle builders.You want to make sure your testosterone levels are very high,as well as eat good balanced diet and timing would be a issue in that area.You can really boost your Testosterone levels with many many herbals and have uncontrolled erections all day lol.This I know.But when you do go the herbal route,you have to cycle in various ways.Like use diffrent testosterone boosters every cycle,along with the nettles extract,to keep it free in your blood.Tonkat ali root extract rumored as being the most potent.But I have 6 herbals I use on and off.I am not into building muscle.I am into the cardio.I hardly eat.I weight 168ish and my arms and legs are bigger.I started doing this to recover from a surgery.Also,rose monatomic Gold makes more red blood cells,as well as increases the volume of semen.But that is not its purpose.Its a wide open area.In my many years of working out.I am very happy to have found herbals.I look for the ones pro athletes seek.' Peace blessings to all

Long Pond PA

Username hidden
(130 posts)
Vegas Cpl - thanks for the info. I did not think of the liquid moving into the system faster than solids.... I have been trying different items of protein/carbs eliminating the fats 30 mins prior to working out. I have found some good luck with just Protein powder and sipping on some gatorade replentish for the carbs.

TH8 - you have done a great job staying young! Deer antlers and nettles - are you joking, I have never heard of such things.... lol. What are they good for? What other herbs do u use?

Perry OH

Username hidden
(117 posts)
velvet deer antler extract,nettles extract.Just too start with.I work out every morning,rehab from a injury.Its also good for anti aging.I am 53.All recent pictures are 2011 except one.I use many many herbals.

Long Pond PA

Username hidden
(130 posts)
Not "supplement" but how about "nutrition". You are correct, the body needs fuel to allow us to get the most out of morning workouts. Fuel that fitness. When I was doing morning 2 hr swim workouts (college) I would have a Slim Fast shake made with nonfat milk & some frozen strawberries and a slice of whole grain toast. This was carbs & protein. And easy on my stomach so I wasn't burping/barfing during the workout (liquids empty out of the stomach faster than solids, and low fat faster than high fat). YOU have to experiment to find what works for YOU. Don't need any expensive "supplements"; just find some carbs & protein that are easy to digest, maybe about 30 min before you start your workout. -h (who is also a registered dietitian)

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
Hi - I have been working out early in the morning usually about 6:30am. I typically get up about 6:00am to get ready.... But, since it is so early in the morning I would expect that my body has utilized any food from my last meal - typically around 9:00pm. So, I have been reading on a few bodybuilding sites that the morning workout is not good because of the catabolic state - no carbs; the body is in at this time. Now, when working out the body starts to pull muscle protein to fuel the workout.

So, to stop being long winded - My Question: Those that workout in the morning - what types of food or supplements do you use to prep the body for a workout? Duration of time between food/supplements and working out?

Thanks!

Perry OH

Username hidden
(117 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 20 
TOPIC: Supplements for Morning Workouts