Supplements for Morning Workouts : Swingers Discussion 190426
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessSupplements for Morning Workouts
TOPIC: Supplements for Morning Workouts
Created by: OHStudMonkey
Original Starting post for this thread:
Hi - I have been working out early in the morning usually about 6:30am. I typically get up about 6:00am to get ready.... But, since it is so early in the morning I would expect that my body has utilized any food from my last meal - typically around 9:00pm. So, I have been reading on a few bodybuilding sites that the morning workout is not good because of the catabolic state - no carbs; the body is in at this time. Now, when working out the body starts to pull muscle protein to fuel the workout.

So, to stop being long winded - My Question: Those that workout in the morning - what types of food or supplements do you use to prep the body for a workout? Duration of time between food/supplements and working out?

Thanks!

GoTo Page: 1 2 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 20   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Although I swap around my protein supplements from Syntrac, MuscleMilk and BSN, my normal routine is as follows:

Alarm set for 4AM: but does pre-alarm at 3:30AM so I'm hitting snooze a few times - lol!

MonsterMilk - 16 ounces (expensive but it now contains Creapure - which is the best creatine)

N.O.-Xplode - 12 ounces with 3 BSN Nitrix for vasodilation, caffeine, and oh what a buzz. have to try stirring not shaking this stuff

16 ounces of cold water - dash to the bathroom - then off to the gym.

BSN Volumizer - during working out drink 12 ounces

MonsterMilk - 16 ounces post workout

Willoughby OH
Username hidden
(123 posts)
It can have a lot to do with the form you take it in. Some people handle it better than others. It can also take some time for your body to adjust to it.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18782 posts)
Creatine's benefits are much more obvious with men than women.

Interestingly, creatine supplements have been clinically shown to improve mental concentration in both men and women, although this study was only done on vegetarians (who tend to be creatine-deficient).

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18782 posts)
I do powerlifting through the winter months. I find I workout best on an empty stomach. About 30 minutes before I workout I take 3 scoops of Six Star Pre Workout Ingition - a mix (among other things) of creatine, arginine and caffeine, followed by 2 big glasses of water. 30 minutes later, I hit the bathroom quickly, and then workout for 1 hour, followed by a 100 g protein shake.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18782 posts)
Thanks to everyone that contributed. There is alot of good information about nutrition. The more I read the more I understand that nutrition is by far the most important part of working out. If nothing else, eating right will make life better. Timing and Planning a meal will make workouts rewarding.

Perry OH
Username hidden
(117 posts)
These are some great ideas! I really do need to do better in the nutrition area especially before and after working out. Gonna get some C-4 today!

Lyndhurst NJ
Username hidden
(3580 posts)
C-4, it tastes great. It's a pre work out and it's at GNC. I'm 42 and I'm in the best shape of my lifE. It's been the best I have used and I have tried a lot . It will make your work out a whole lot easier! !!!!!"!!!! I love it!! You can get C-4 at GNC!

Mooresville NC
Username hidden
(1 post)
Your blood glucose levels should be fine from your meal the night before. Honestly, anything you eat at 6:00am (solid or liquid) isn't going to be in your blood stream by 6:30am. However, if you are feeling fatigued during your workout, then maybe you do need some extra energy. Be it the night before or something quick before (by quick, I mean enters the body quick like sugar).

You are correct that nutrition is very important though. If you don't eat before, you need to eat fairly soon after and make sure you are getting a great balance of protein and carbs. Personally, I tend to front load carbs earlier in the day. On nights before I know I have a workout in the morning, I will eat some extra calories of Omega 3/6 fatty acids. They break down in your body slowly so I know that overnight they will be absorbed and in my bloodstream in the morning.

Disclaimer: I am not an expert in this field, it is just what I picked up from reading about it a lot. I also lift in the evenings and do cardio in the morning, simply because of schedule.

Redmond WA
Username hidden
(29 posts)
LOL.. I'm glad say anything about the donuts that go with the hot chocolate. I'm getting better though.

Lyndhurst NJ
Username hidden
(3580 posts)
TH8 - Thanks for commenting on the herbal side. With the herbals, I assume you follow a routine diet of Prot/Carb/Fat as anyother meal plan?? Is there any good websites that can provide further infomation about herbal cycling? I am interested in learning more...

Perry OH
Username hidden
(117 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 20   End
TOPIC: Supplements for Morning Workouts