Supplements : Swingers Discussion 101476101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessSupplements
TOPIC: Supplements
Created by: joy33
Original Starting post for this thread:
Any suggestions on supplements to kick my metabolism into high gear? Having a hard time losing that last 5#.. help doing cardio 6-7 days a week and weight training m-w-f eating no white flour products and trying to kick all sugar( thats a tough one for me) I take B complex & C vitamins and Flax oil

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
User Details are only visible to members.
I understand this is an old thread but a topic that comes up quite often. I have access to top-notch professional trainers, nutritionists and strength coaches. I battle the bulge just like others and usually maintain a body fat percentage between 15% and 20%. I found myself nearer the 20% and with a water displacement test, the result was about 22%. Time for change!

Diet-We looked really hard at my diet. My issues were a couple things- not eating enough(seriously) and times I ate, and quality of foods taken in. I always skipped breakfast. This is bad bad bad! I love carbs. Carbs are fine when they are good carbs and are about 30-40% of your intake. My meal plan is a 6x a day plan. The one thing that we always heard was to not eat after 6 pm or 7pm. Recent research is showing that we need those proteins as we sleep. I try to eat some cottage cheese before bed.

Cardio- I was hooked up to a machine and put on the treadmill to run. A VO2 test was conducted and a run plan devised. Please note, going into the test I was a 25-30 mile a week runner. I would do my daily 6 miles in about 60 mins. The coaches showed me that my body was used that routine and I was actually getting fat running 30 miles a week! My current plan is a high intensity heart rate driven 30 minutes a day plan. It really makes you flirt with your max heart rate for shorter periods. The fat burning/calorie buring effects of high intensity training will carry on throughout the day.

Supplements- One nutritionist is all about 100% diet controlled nutrition with a daily multi vitamin and the other is engineered nutrition, proteins, shakes, pills..you name it.

Kyle

Hayes VA
Username hidden
(14 posts)
First use some Milk Thistle to clean out the Liver. You have to keep it working well. Eat a lot of fresh fruit not fruit juice. You need the fiber to slow down the digestion of the fruit sugars. watch the amout of sugars and refined carbs you take in...eaisier said than done I know. Use a good quality Whey protein for the added protein and use it before and after exercise. use some cassinate protein before bed. glutamine is good to preserve muscle when on a limited calorie diet. Do not rely on fat burners etc. they are temporary fixes and do not lead to long term goals. Drink plenty of water with lemon to hold back the cravings and to increase the function of the intestines.

Lima OH
Username hidden
(1 post)
Anavar if you are female, testosterone and winnstrol if you are male...

Neither are legal though....

Salem VA
Username hidden
(14 posts)
We've been using the Lipo-6. It doesnt send your heartrate thru the roof. For me its helping a little but the biggest thing is that It gives me the energy to want to do a workout at the end of the day. The biggest thing is that suppliments wont do much without altering lifestyle... exercise and diet lifestyle that is lol

Mobile AL
Username hidden
(10 posts)
I don't know if this helps, but i actually get up at 5:30 am and do my cardio (walking/running outside) and then i eat breakfast when I am done, i just can eat at 5:30 in the morning, but I ready to eat by the time i get home by 6:00 am and since i am not willing to get up any earlier, i was thinking of just adding a extra cardio session at the end of the day. It would probley also help if i could quit my licorice habit.. do they have support group for licorice withdrawals...he he

Muah Joy

Prescott AZ
Username hidden
(160 posts)
damn, they look expensive. the trouble with 99.9% of all of those type of companies, make that 100%, is that they make claims that cannot be supported and tested or if they are tested they are done so by company funded doctors, etc.

you are probably better off sticking to the basics when it comes to supplements, amino acids, fish oil, protein, cla, l-cartnine, l-arginine, etc. you can most of that stuff at drug store, food store or gnc..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
thanks for great suggestions, I will add fish oil and more cardio and give farenhiet a try. I already live by the 8-10 glasses of water and the 6 mini meals a day rule.

I let ya know if the farenhiets works for me.

Muah Joy

Prescott AZ
Username hidden
(160 posts)
Add in fish oil caps and keep carbs down. Also drink a lot of water. 6-8 glasses a day minimum. For ladies a good otc supplement is farenhiet by Biotest labs. It will speed up the metabolism but may also cause jitters similar to drinking a lot of coffee.

George School PA
Username hidden
(227 posts)
sounds like you are on the right track. there are certainly a ton of supplements out there and different people believe different things about which ones work the best. still comes back to burning more calories than u consume and keepin ur metabolism in high gear. eat 6 small meals a day which will keep the metabolism kickin is probably the most important aspect. lean protein, but u probably know all that.

as for supplements, hoodia, guarana, cla, bitter orange and of course caffeine have been touted as helping weight loss...

bottom line, more cardio more cardio...

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Any suggestions on supplements to kick my metabolism into high gear? Having a hard time losing that last 5#.. help doing cardio 6-7 days a week and weight training m-w-f eating no white flour products and trying to kick all sugar( thats a tough one for me) I take B complex & C vitamins and Flax oil

Prescott AZ
Username hidden
(160 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
TOPIC: Supplements