So I bought a pole : Swingers Discussion 89602
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessSo I bought a pole
TOPIC: So I bought a pole
Created by: jelloshotlady
Original Starting post for this thread:
..and now I am looking at all of the DVD's out there. Anyone have any they could recommend? I am always game for fun ways to exercise and what could be more fun than learning pole dancing, huh?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Jello - there is an Exotic Dance Studio in Cleveland -- They likely have what you're looking for.... and heck you may want to take a class there & use your home pole for practicing!!! LOL! MrsTwo*

Cleveland OH
Username hidden
(5 posts)
I'm in the intermediate class. I still walk out of every class with a new bruise because I'm not quite as graceful as I would like to be.....

North Providence RI
Username hidden
(19 posts)
Youtube has been great for me! We have two studios that have opened in Cleveland and another that is soon to open. I am the only student in the "advanced" class and most of the stuff we try we saw on YT. I am also on 2 pole forums and you get to see/hear about a lot of moves.

I sooooo want to try a reformer class, I just cannot see what the studios by me are charging though!

Fuquay Varina NC
Username hidden
(207 posts)
I'm lucky enough to have a place that teaches pole fitness classes in my area. They are the toughest workout I have ever had. My instructor and many of us in the class go to youtube to look at other pole dancing videos and then try some of the moves. Anything that requires you to pull yourself to a position hanging upside down on the pole will give you an ab and upper body workout like you wouldnt believe.

North Providence RI
Username hidden
(19 posts)
It is pilates/yoga based and still continues to kick my butt after a year."

Heehee, isn't that the truth? People tend to think of yoga as just sun salutations....but I tell you, it will wear your ass out. I'm really into pilates right now, once things go back to normal I'm going to try out the pilates bench I saw on tv...this will enable me to have one in my office so I can work out for 20 minutes over my lunch hour.

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
The S Factor series of dvds have some killer workouts, but they are more conditioning for the pole. It is pilates/yoga based and still continues to kick my butt after a year. I have heard good things about the Jamilla DeVille dvd set...I believe it is called Art of Pole and there are 5 total now. There is also a studio out in California called Be Spun that just put out a 3 dvd set that is supposed to be pretty good. Just practicing any kind of spin or trick will give you a good workout....any time your feet leave the ground. Please do not try things without a spotter, especially if you are going upside down.

Fuquay Varina NC
Username hidden
(207 posts)
Any new suggestions on dvd'S for exercise routes for the pole. Hubby bought me the X pole recently, trying to motivate me to do some moves in between my endless hours of hitting the nursing books to study. I have always been a horny pole hog at the clubs but would never consider what I do on the pole to be anything special or to have any fitness or toning benefits. I am basically looking for something that will have a good solid beginner-intermediate fitness to help me tone and trim.

I'm also interested in hearing if anyone is a member of Planet Fitness and how they like the facilities and atmosphere. A new one is opening up the road from us and I was considering joining, hoping that having a membership and several girlfriends who I take classes with being members would help motivate me to get off my butt and exercise. Since I started back to school full time, my daily 5 mile hikes have gone by the way side along with most other physical activity...shame shame shame......shaking finger at myself

Long Neck DE
Username hidden
(252 posts)
Lil Mynx has a vaulted ceiling attachment that you can purchase from them.

Fuquay Varina NC
Username hidden
(207 posts)
I got a lil mynx off of ebay. The two that I was torn between was this one and the x-pole. X-pole runs about $300+ and there are few used ones to be had. Lil mynx is what the S Factor uses. They start at about $220 but you can get them used. I got a hot pink one for $150. There are 2 on ebay right now, one is a rotating one (which knowing how I don't do twirly things well I opted out of) that is selling in about 10 hours and is at $150 (regular price $330). There is also another one that is selling in about 6 days with a starting price of $50. As for mounting, it has a little ceiing mount that screws in that looks kind of like a plant hook. I really need to have it able to be taken down because of the kids. There are also plans on the net to build one yourself which is not easily taken down but will only run you about $100.

BTW, I picked up the S Factor book at the library and am just waiting patiently for my pacjage to arrive!!!

Fuquay Varina NC
Username hidden
(207 posts)
I have the Carmen Electra DVD's but don't think there is a pole one. I have also been told about the S Factor book, which I can get at the library (nice that CCPL has a copy at almost every branch). I will look up the others.

Fuquay Varina NC
Username hidden
(207 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
TOPIC: So I bought a pole