Running : Swingers Discussion 105806
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessRunning
TOPIC: Running
Created by: shavedittybitty
Original Starting post for this thread:
I was wondering if anyone here has any training ideas about running. I can currently keep a 10 minute/mile pace for 2 miles at a stretch. My goal is to be able to do 3 miles in 18 minutes, and I'd like to be able to accomplish this in 10 months, but I've got no idea as to how to structure run time/workouts. Any help/ideas would be welcome. Donald
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 39   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I eat avacados and take flax seed oil capsuls. I was talking about fried foods I bake things now instead of frying them like when I eat fries I bake them. I stay away from sweets and if I eat chocolate I eat dark chocolate and watch my caloric intake as well as my fats.

Waco TX

Username hidden
(80 posts)
Oh yes I know all about that. I have been cutting the fat out of my diet as much as possible and have been doing the Turbo Jam. I also have the Red exerciser and it seems to be helping I have lost inches in my waist already.

Waco TX

Username hidden
(80 posts)
Pine, How are your legs feeling??

Myerstown PA

Username hidden
(4985 posts)
Hope it's better for you soon ;)

Myerstown PA

Username hidden
(4985 posts)
Might be something to look into , I know a co worker had them and it affected the whole calf....she ended up wearing support for weeks and now she has to wear those old type "nurses support " stockings ( BITCH TO FIND IN BLACK!!!) Good luck and I hope it gets better fast for you :)

Myerstown PA

Username hidden
(4985 posts)
Pine..... shin splints?????

Myerstown PA

Username hidden
(4985 posts)
Thanks hun didnt check the crunch one.

Waco TX

Username hidden
(80 posts)
I am looking in to getting in shape to get rid of my belly fluff. I have to be careful though because I have a bad back. Any suggestions on what to do to get rid of the belly?

Waco TX

Username hidden
(80 posts)
To backtrack a few days, I agree with Mark about breaks. I don't know if it was Galloway or not but I read a great article in the Runner's World website about inserting 1-minute walks between 4- or 5- minute runs at the beginner level, and gradually increasing the runs and decreasing the walks. The author of that article won a major marathon the year I was born and still competes, and even uses walking breaks in marathons to manage his energy and stay competitive. I read this because a few months ago I started running and sought some guidance. I haven't run since I was in the army 20 years ago, and only took it up because as exercise programs go, it's cheep and portable (I can't afford gyms these days). I only had to invest in shoes, and I can run just about anywhere. I have no intention of doing anything competitive; for me running is strictly exercise. When I did my first few runs I found that I could go a block or two. Improving my form and pace gave me much better range, but it wasn't until I started applying the walking intervals that I could actually do much of a workout. I think I'm at a genetic disadvantage- I'm very tall and big-framed, and I really have to struggle to maintain weight (I'm the only person in my immediate family who is anywhere near HWP), and I have a relatively small lung-capacity. I have found that after several months, my performance/endurance have barely progressed beyond the level at which I started and I'm not getting any thinner. Maybe in another few months my body will finally get the hint and start working with me (LOL).

Lawrenceville GA

Username hidden
(121 posts)
My back is still a bit tendar, so waiting another week to get started but I have been riding my stationary bike in the mean time!! I am down 15 lbs!! And the sons wedding is in 2 days, my dress looks great!! I can not wait !!! New pictures will be up after the wedding !!

Myerstown PA

Username hidden
(4985 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 39   End
TOPIC: Running