Run or Walk : Swingers Discussion 64579
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessRun or Walk
TOPIC: Run or Walk
Created by: uandme96 The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
User Details are only visible to members.
IMHO: Running will build more lean muscle tissue and build your cardiovascular system many times faster than the briskest walking. Yes, it can be hard on joints, it certainly is on my old (age 50) ones, so be careful out there. But if you can build up to run at 7-10 minutes a mile for 3+ miles you will work many times harder, than an equivalent of walking. I've been a runner since I was 12, over 38 years. I got up to the marathon level when I was younger, and before injuries sidelined me, I had some success, my best time was 2:26:18. I still run, although nothing like I used to, but still I was able do a 20 mile run in 3 hours last Thanksgiving. I have also been a long distance hiker for 14 years I've done backpacking trips of over 200 miles several times, and many shorter hikes. I have backpacked over 25 miles a day, through the rugged Appalachian Mountains. All my life I have run, hiked, biked and walked. Today, most of my baclpacking training is running. Running works the foot and calf much more than walking does. If uphill is included in running (I live in East Tennessee..where uphill is a given), the running really works the quads well, Walking uphill cannot begin to match running uphill. Ive run and walked both, and running is much harder. That makes it much more physicaly demanding than walking, and that builds the type of body you seek. And I might add...there is great pleasure, both physical and mental, in being able to run..and to run far. Good luck!

Kingsport TN
Username hidden
(24 posts)
Run but do it uphill. If you can't do it outside then put your treadmill on an incline. You will see big improvements in a short time.

Romoland CA
Username hidden
(134 posts)
You sure will find an excellent answer in book"Lean,long&strong" by Wini Lihguvic. Good luck

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(261 posts)
walk with lots of big arm swinging. Like Flirty sez...running can be a problem on knees and hips and you really don't burn any more calories. Why beat your body when you don't have to. Swimming is another great form of excercise.

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
TOPIC: Run or Walk