Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness Regaining motivation again and again and again Whats your Motivation
TOPIC: Regaining motivation again and again and again Whats your Motivation
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
Start   5 to 14 of 106   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I agree with both - motivation and discipline can compensate for each other if one is falling down.

I need both. I've been doing well with both lately, to the point where I feel like I'm going to jump out of my skin if I don't get some exercise...but when motivation fails, discipline takes over. However, if I am not motivated for a long time, discipline will eventually falter.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(22633 posts)
Great advice! I still love motivation though..makes discipline so much funner!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(3916 posts)
This is not to criticize or critique anyone here but a friend posted something I thought was an interesting perspective on motivation (paraphrasing): Motivation is not enough. It is unreliable and can come and go. It is better to cultivate discipline. Discipline is reliable and if you have it, you do not need motivation.

Edgewood FL
Username hidden
(26 posts)
Aside from results as I posted a while back. My new cuddy buddy is so "fit" that I wake up to workout. However, the beautiful thing about this friendship is that no one is the fucking food police or keeping track of who did what in the gym. He is the answer to my prayers. Now, I just have to fine another unicorn to complement this match made in heaven.....LOL

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(5463 posts)
Aww thanks for the shout out njny!

Olive Branch MS
Username hidden
(16 posts)
i should add that since, i love to work out, once i pick it back up, that's part of my re-motivation.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(6794 posts)
VA, the how quickly part accelerates and amplifies when you get close/hit 50. it can be realllly frustrating but then i remind myself "this didn't happen overnight" -- either losing it or getting it back. so, patience & perseverance with a healthy dose of realistic determination.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(6794 posts)
Its so simple. Step on the scale in the morning. Find you perfect weight, what you like your body at or what your other half likes your body weight at.

Give yourself 5 lbs over that weight.

When you are 5 lbs over your perfect weight then eat veges with no fat and exercise until you lose that 5lbs, it only takes a few days.

This has worked for us for 25 years, with the exclusion of babies.

My wife's perfect weight is 120lbs, below 117lbs she is to lean and over 125 she starts losing those curves that are just so nice.

For me its 165. At 170 i start getting fluffly..mrs word..and at 160 my body is to hard for her to enjoy resting her head on my chest at night in bed.

The scale never lies...its just up to you to believe what you see and not make excuses.

Ukiah CA
Username hidden
(1572 posts)
What frustrates me is how quickly things go to shit and how long it takes to get everything back. It takes 2 weeks to undo a weekend of gorging.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(22633 posts)
mrs skydogs, check main forums where you were "kudos post of the day"

and mighty cute, too.

On-T: whenever i backslide a bit on my fitness goals, my motivation to get back to it is not only how much better i feel about what i see in the mirror, but also how much better i feel, day to day: health, energy, mood. it's a night & day difference.

plus, in starting a major weeding/decluttering project, i came across photo albums pre marriage. major remotivation.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(6794 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
Start   5 to 14 of 106   End
TOPIC: Regaining motivation again and again and again Whats your Motivation