Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Fitness › Regaining motivation again and again and again Whats your Motivation
TOPIC: Regaining_motivation_again_and_again_and_again__Whats_your_Motivation
Created by: nakedathlete The original post for this thread was deleted.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 12  Next »
1 to 10 of 112
User Details are only visible to members.
Ha! Great post! Now if I could listen to my elders I would be golden.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6126 posts)
At 87, what’s your secret to keeping fit?

I’ve always exercised, and of course I’ve always danced. I tell people my motives [for exercising] have changed. In my 30s, I exercised to look good; in my 50s, I exercised to stay fit; in my 70s, I exercised to stay ambulatory; and in my 80s, I exercise to avoid assisted living.” Dick Van Dyke

Aventura FL
Username hidden
(3 posts)
My Motivation: BLM! Damn son, as Jay-Z would say, "you cracked the can open again." Meaning me. I feel so good! One of my buddies came over while I was home in the fitness center doing my second cardio session, he will be taking the pictures on Friday morning, thinks I look awesome but he has other motives....LOL. I really turn heads now when I am walking with my short shorts on. This won't be a competition body but it sure as hell will turn heads on the beach. For competition, which I am NOT doing will probably take about four more months at this pace. Hell no!

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7424 posts)
@VA: No doubt. However, after I eat something, I am usually like, did I really have to have it. At least me, when I stay away from something for a long time and then go back, it's not all that great. I absolutely love sweets and if I want a dessert I'll just have it because if I don't, when I do eat it, I'll binge and that's how you develop an eating disorder. I will never purge. I had a gf who did though.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7424 posts)
I dunno - some food is ****really**** good.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26005 posts)
In my experience, when I am consistent in my training and I see changes, I am motivated to workout. And when I feel the urge to slack off and eat a bunch of shit, I am reminded of a slogan my friend, owner of Body By Denise. tells her clients. "Nothing tastes as good as feeling fit feels."

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7424 posts)
Thank you for all the thoughtful responses!

Orlando FL
Username hidden
(50 posts)
Being in The Lifestyle certainly is motivation to work out & eat right. Everyone may slack off now & then, but ya gotta get back on the horse.

Princeton NJ
Username hidden
(2905 posts)
I have been on and off the bandwagon so many times in my life despite knowing how amazing I feel when I am back on. Often times when off the routine it becomes a downward spiral of months trying to gain that mojo back. Now I am back in the "swing" of things. The LS has helped motivate me as has the almost complete elimination of sugar from my diet ( wow that stuff really has a crack affect on my brain)

I want to feel fit. I want to be strong. I know what I have to do to get there. Plus there is nothing like being a 45 year old woman and having that strength and discipline. Being more fit now than I was in my 20's and having the confidence and security that age brings. That in itself is another motivator to stay the course.

Username hidden
(159 posts)
My Motivation is intertwine with discipline and lifestyle I've been doing this for so long now its become second nature and ingrained within me. the results that drive me are the physical changes that my body goes thru, the constant mental challenges that I face when I battle the Iron and how I face those challenges.

Woodlyn PA
Username hidden
(6 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 12  Next »
1 to 10 of 112
TOPIC: Regaining motivation again and again and again Whats your Motivation
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.