Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Fitness › Regaining motivation again and again and again Whats your Motivation
TOPIC: Regaining_motivation_again_and_again_and_again__Whats_your_Motivation
Created by: nakedathlete The original post for this thread was deleted.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 14  Next »
1 to 10 of 140
User Details are only visible to members.
Naked swinger pool party season starts on May 9th. talk about motivation

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(5100 posts)
Some i dont get sore. I have been doing intense physical activity since high school. With free diving i go until i can not go anymore. i love the hunt.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(5100 posts)
Lactic acid build up (soreness) can be remedied with lemon water and 1/4 tsp. of baking soda in the morning and or in the evening.

Hanover MD
Username hidden
(98 posts)
Damn Tiffany you been going to college. i forgot to add that after a couple of hours of diving i start to sweat in my westuit in that cold water.

Most people that free dive only do so for a hour before they are done and cant continue. i have been doing this all my life so i am in the kind of shape that can go for three hours. its also why i dont blow bubbles, the tanks only hold around 45 minutes of air.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(5100 posts)
There are many metabolic sources of lactic acid, Tiffany. I was referring to the lactic acid buildup that is a result of strenuous exercise. Muscle-derived protein breakdown is not something that occurs rapidly enough to supply energy during extreme exertion.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27947 posts)
VaBeach - I was both right and wrong. LOL Thank you for making me look.

"Under aerobic conditions, the dominant product in most tissues is pyruvate and the pathway is known as aerobic glycolysis. When oxygen is depleted, as for instance during prolonged vigorous exercise, the dominant glycolytic product in many tissues is lactate and the process is known as anaerobic glycolysis. Given that erythrocytes lack mitochondria, they cannot completely oxidize glucose-derived pyruvate and instead reduce the pyruvate to lactate which enters the blood for delivery to the liver where it is used for glucose synthesis via gluconeogenesis." "Aerobic glycolysis generates substantially more ATP per mole of glucose oxidized than does anaerobic glycolysis. The utility of anaerobic glycolysis, to a muscle cell when it needs large amounts of energy, stems from the fact that the rate of ATP production from glycolysis is approximately 100X faster than from oxidative phosphorylation. During exertion muscle cells do not need to energize anabolic reaction pathways. The requirement is to generate the maximum amount of ATP, for muscle contraction, in the shortest time frame. This is why muscle cells derive almost all of the ATP consumed during exertion from anaerobic glycolysis"

Fatty Aid Oxidation During a Single Bout of Exercise At the start of exercise blood flow increases to adipose tissue and muscle (Horowitz and Klein, 2000). This allows for increased fatty acid release from adipose tissue and fatty acid delivery to the muscle. Exercise intensity has a great impact on fat oxidation. Maximal fat oxidation occurs at low to moderate intensity (between 25% and 60% of maximal oxygen consumption (VO2max) (Horowitz & Klein 2000). At lower exercise intensities, most of the fatty acids used during exercise come from the blood (Horowitz & Klein 2000). As exercise increases to moderate intensity (around 60% of VO2max) the majority of fatty acids oxidized appear to come from IMTAG (Horowitz and Klein, 2000). At higher exercise intensities (>70 % VO2max), total fat oxidation is reduced to levels lower than that of moderate intensity (Horowitz and Klein, 2000). This reduced rate of fatty acid oxidation is coupled with an increase in carbohydrate breakdown to meet the energy demands of the exercise (Horowitz & Klein, 2000

Protein metabolism under aerobic conditions Although protein breakdown is not a preferred source for energy, it can be used to resynthesize ATP under aerobic conditions. Protein metabolism occurs exclusively in the mitochondria; the first step constitutes the deamination of amino acids in the liver and skeletal muscle. The deaminated products are converted into pyruvate or acetyl-CoA depending on the identity of the amino acid, and some enter the citric acid cycle directly and generate hydrogens (NADH and FADH2) under aerobic conditions and ATP via the electron transport chain. Amino acids like threonine, serine, cysteine and glycine are glucogenic because are converted into pyruvate and then into acetyl-CoA, which then enters the citric acid cycle. Other amino acids like isoleucine, leucine, lysine, tyrosine, phenylalanine and tryptophan are ketogenic because they are transformed into acetyl-CoA to enter the citric acid cycle. The last class of amino acids, arginine, glutamine, tyrosine, among many others, enter the citric acid cycle directly. Glucogenic amino acids can contribute in gluconeogenesis (glucose synthesis) during prolonged exercise. While, ketogenic amino acids, cannot be used to synthesize glucose, rather they synthesize triacylglycerol.

Vestal NY
Username hidden
(144 posts)
"Lactic acid production means you're no longer burning fat or sugar, but burning muscle mass."

This is not true, Tiffany. Lactic acid produced during hard exercise is the result of a buildup of pyruvic acid (the end result of glycolysis - sugar burning) faster than the aerobic Krebs cycle can consume it. As a result, pyruvic acid is reduced to lactic acid, which then accumulates. The lactic acid will persist until it is converted in the liver back into pyruvic acid via the Cori cycle.

Glycolysis does not require oxygen, which is why your body can use it under emergency conditions (such as sprinting), but only for so long. The Krebs cycle requires oxygen and is comparatively slower. So the glycolysis end products accumulate until the person rests enough for the body to clear them through the Krebs cycle (and beyond).

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27947 posts)
NCal - No. You're just building lactic acid tolerance. Lactic acid production means you're no longer burning fat or sugar, but burning muscle mass. That's week 2 in Exercise Physiology (Which happens to be my degree, along with cardiac rehab).

But hey, have at it. But I'd guess you'd be able to eat a more balanced diet and have a lot less to prove in those dives if you listened to trained individuals than making incorrect assumptions on your personal empirical evidence.

Vestal NY
Username hidden
(144 posts)
Tiffany your research is flawed. First I am not doing a steady paced swim. I am doing intense dive to the bottom and then shooting fish and then trying to get that fish under control. Resting for a few minutes and doing it again. My heart is beating fast and I am breathing hard by the time I have that fish on the stringer.

Its this intense exercise in cold water that burns body fat at a very fast rate.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(5100 posts)
"Making any general pronouncements on only self-gathered evidence about your self is flawed. You would do much better to say "This is what works for me". But, I think you rather enjoy sounding like a pompous ass."

ding ding ding! we HAVE a winner!!!!

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(16280 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 14  Next »
1 to 10 of 140
TOPIC: Regaining motivation again and again and again Whats your Motivation
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.