Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness Recumbent or upright stationary bike
TOPIC: Recumbent or upright stationary bike
Created by: softnyummy
Original Starting post for this thread:
I have been doing some online research regarding stationary bikes. I would love to hear feedback regarding model or preference to which is better. I definitely want to be able to monitor my heart rate and calories burned. My price range is about $500.00. Any thoughts?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
User Details are only visible to members.
Well, I finally made a decision and purchased a recumbent bike to add to the exercise area. After visiting 8 different retailers and testing around 25 different brands and types I settled for a Key Ironman 430. Should be delivered on Thursday! I never thought I would be this excited to get a new piece of exercise equipment. lol

When the weather around here warms up, I will ride outside as well..should help tone the legs...god at least I hope so!

Long Neck DE
Username hidden
(252 posts)
You could actually purchase a real nice bike for out door riding . Get tanned and enjoy the nature :)

East Stroudsburg PA
Username hidden
(131 posts)
Hello Softnyummy,

I don't know if this will be much use to you, since it is hardly a representation of all the cool hardware available out there.

We own a no-name recumbent stationary bike called a Stamina 4655. We bought it used off a co-worker for only $50, so we have no idea what the original cost would have been. (And you get what you pay for...)

In any case, after a year of using it, we have come to loath the thing. While it does offer time and calories, some of the basic features you would expect, its ergonomic design is poor, and after using it regularly, we both get backaches. We only resort to using it when the weather is too bad to go outside and run or bike, and even then, the used stair-stepper and the treadmill are first picks.

We discussed possibly getting another stationary bike, but it would not be a recumbent. Perhaps that is not a fair assessment based on our one bad experience with cheap hardware, but we figure we like our real bikes, we should like a standard configuration stationary bike as well.

Hope this helps a little.

Take care & have fun!

R & M

Hagerstown MD
Username hidden
(541 posts)
I have been doing some online research regarding stationary bikes. I would love to hear feedback regarding model or preference to which is better. I definitely want to be able to monitor my heart rate and calories burned. My price range is about $500.00. Any thoughts?

Long Neck DE
Username hidden
(252 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
TOPIC: Recumbent or upright stationary bike