Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness Race Day; Any tips
TOPIC: Race Day; Any tips
Created by: hotcuppl2 The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
User Details are only visible to members.
My only drug is caffiene...last Saturday I unexpectedly did a long duration activity in moderate heat and humidity after a lot of coffee in the AM... I got into trouble due to dehydration... I think the coffee put me over the edge. I also did not do my normal 3 days of sipping an extra 2 liters of h20 a day

Start hydrating three days ahead of time and avoid coffee

Austin TX
Username hidden
(15 posts)
I come from a competitive cycling backround, but run a 5k occasionally, just to hang around with a bunch of fit women, LOL!

On race morning, I eat light, and no meat - it's too hard to digest. For me, something like corn flakes, two eggs, etc works well if eaten about two hours before the race.

Also, anything you drink other than water, I.E. juice, gatorade, cola, etc; should be cut at least 50/50 with water. I got a waterbottle full of straight gatorade once, during a mountain day in a multi-day stage race. It was way too sweet, and 15 minutes later I felt like I was going to die - my insides were knotting up and spasming like you wouldn't believe. It was all I could do to finish the stage, and I lost a lot of time.

Kane

Port Orange FL
Username hidden
(54 posts)
Stay as relaxed as possible . Think positive and enjoy the run .

Long Pond PA
Username hidden
(131 posts)
I need advice on jogging. I used to compete in natural bodybuilding. I was in great shape. Now if I could only lose 20 pounds I'd be very happy. I've taken up jogging on treadmills. The question I have is, when I run I pretty much land on my toes and then my heel. Is this correct? I thought some folks were running heel and then toe. I used to get terrible calf cramps but don't anymore. I need to learn to relax when I run to make it more enjoyable. Can someone give me running tips? Thanks, mrs bt

Lancaster PA
Username hidden
(544 posts)
Dr. George Sheehan, the late, great "running doctor" wrote several books on running when it became the rage in the late 70's...and he ran competitively into his 60's (prostate cancer finally finished him a few years later). His favorite pre-race beverage was a beer so don't over-analyze. Your "minimum" daily run should be 3 miles with a 5, then an 8, then a 10 tossed in to stretch you out. By then, the 5k will be a sprint. Get hydrated pre-race (you won't be out there long enough to need anything else)...and run like you might die...LOL...you won't...but don't race on an injury. You'll run like crap and your leg will get worse so what's the point?

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(100 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
TOPIC: Race Day; Any tips