Question for the fit ones : Swingers Discussion 1871751011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessQuestion for the fit ones
TOPIC: Question for the fit ones
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   11 to 20 of 33   End
User Details are only visible to members.
my achilles tendons are hurting like crazy. *

Gina, how are you doing beautiful lady? Haven't spoken to you in ages. You should have emailed me ;).

Anyway, I hope that you're still sticking to your routine. Like was stated, it can be tendonitis, also, it could be that you aren't stretching :). Stretching is very very important, before and after workout. I hope that you are doing well.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16867 posts)
Wise words Krby. Very much so.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16867 posts)
The ghost and mrs muir are 100% right. Complex carbs for energy and protein to keep your metabolism moving. Make sure your food choices consist o both for a normal diet.

Glenolden PA
Username hidden
(1 post)
Want a few simple simple rules to eat by? Maybe not as good as a highly regimented regime but a DAMN site easier to follow on a lifelong basiis:

ALWAYS eat complex carbs and protein together at every meal.

NEVER eat more than you can hold in one hand at a single meal. (not in a bowl in your hand...IN your hand)

ALWAYS drink water. Distilled is best as it does not alter your PH

SOLUBLE FIBER. Let me say it again... SOLUBLE FIBER. At any age, but especially at 'our' age, it may be the single best ingredient for happiness. Regularity is important on many levels of health too. I eat 2 servings of Cream of Wheat every morning.

EXERCISE regularly. If you do none, do some. If you do some, do more. If you LIKE regimented exercise plans, use them. If you DON'T, like me, use 'activities' for your exercise. I snowboard, Mt bike, row, etc. I also do a bit of weights. I should do more.

Point is, you can be healthy with little effort and a bit more knowledge. OR, you can be hot as hell with a lot MORE effort.

Of course, there is ALSO the person I call the 'fat skinny person' In just as bad a shape, just thin......

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
To avoid boredom you may want to consider some different morning cereals. Kashi has a lot of high fiber cereals like Honey Sunshine, Go-Lean Crunch etc. Also, Quaker Oatmeal Squares. Special K makes a snack chip called cracker chips that are both tasty and low cal.You can usually find them in the snack cracker areas. Keep an eye on the caloric content in some of those trail mixes as well as nuts. Quaker also has some Rice snacks that are good and give you the feeling of eating potato chips without all the fat and calories.

Ottawa IL
Username hidden
(66 posts)
1. Watch What you eat (Low sugars...NO BREAD) 2. Exercise regularly (no just weights!! CARDIO!!!!!) 3. Eat regularly 4. Don't sit around....take the stairs, walk the block...be active.....

Fayetteville NC
Username hidden
(4 posts)
thank you for that good, solid info. And the encouragement!

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7507 posts)
Gina - you probably have a little bit of tendonitis, happens when you overdo it (common when just starting a new exercise program). ICE ICE ICE. Tendonitis is inflammation. Fish oil (1000 - 2000 mg/d) is an anti-inflammatory supplement. Heat before the workout, ICE after the workout (15 min on/15 min off a few times). Everyone starts somewhere, we're all here to be support on your new fitness journey! -h

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(967 posts)
New Question: I've started working out 4 days a week, light hydraulic machines (Curves actually) and cardio in between and after, and stretching. I'm giving it my all, and ok, I know most of you will think it's kind of basic and lame, but it's a good start for me. Anyway...my achilles tendons are hurting like crazy. And this was even before, a few months back, etc., when I've been walking. They are thick and swollen and very painful. Any advice would be very much appreciated! I hate when my own body wants to sabotage itself. Mind over matter is no longer working.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7507 posts)
Kind, sorry for not getting to your questions in the first reply but I was pressed for time. Plus I know you posted awhile ago but here goes anyways. As to water intake, if I were to drink anymore I'd have to move to the desert and buy clothing to accomodate the new hump. Meal times WERE regimented until I switched jobs and got on a rotating shift. But I still try to eat within an hour of waking and try not to consume anything within that last hour before bedtime. Snacks, sometimes I can get to them in my alloted timeframe between meals but, it's hit or miss. Mostly miss. As far as diet jump starting a slow metabolism, most definitely. At least for me anyways. I'm by no means an expert but in my own personal journey I had to get my plate right before everything else could fall in line. Hell for the first few weeks I was losing solely on diet alone because I hadn't quite motivated myself to start exercising yet.

Orange TX
Username hidden
(8 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   11 to 20 of 33   End
TOPIC: Question for the fit ones