Question Gym Rat : Swingers Discussion 71116
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessQuestion Gym Rat
TOPIC: Question Gym Rat
Created by: hedonist2001 The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
User Details are only visible to members.
FirePriest, you got it! Actually you and Si. John says he was never called a Gym Rat by anyone other than the other Gym Rats, lol. He was proud of the handle, and didn't view it as derogatory at all. We still have the lifetime memberships at that gym, although we are living nearly an hour away from it.

No pain no gain. I only wish I could be called a gym rat. lol S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
ah, no hurry on that molishka. im translating the prenup into parusskie!! LOL

si... thanx for compliment ( i will accept for her) she does have great skin and awesome legs. it is funny though, i don't think of her as lookin young. maybe that is because she is soo worldly... ah love.. haha.....

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
im embarrased to say padrooga that im not exactly sure what that meant.. maybe something about the wedding??

my russian was a big hit there though. i still have a long way to go.. i really do like it there...

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
military intelligence = oxymoron. yes, as stated gym rat would describe hardworking athletes long on heart and short on talent, i.e. bird, balboa, oscar pederford. anyone looking to cast dispersions on fitness enthusiasts might try "narcissistic", "juicehead", "stromboli face" or "closet case", as gym rat only alludes to stoic grace amidst a world of success too easily attained.

New City NY
Username hidden
(5 posts)
privet politska, haha... i returned last nite but galchornick is spending another week with momma and poppa. great trip. classic quote of the trip was from momma, "why would someone want to spend so much money on something u where on ur finger!!" HaHa... anyway im trying to sober up and recover from jet lag. reading these gym rats posts is killin me.

ps. G damn... eastern european woman are the hottest in the world!!!!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
always thought the term referred more to the basketball world where guys (girls.. pc here) who would spend hours and hours in the gym shooting basketball where called gym rats.. i.e. larry bird was often referred to as a gym rat shooting hoops all day long in old gyms, etc...definitely not a derogatory term for anyone i know

as an aside an oxymoron are two words in an expression that are somewhat or completely contradictory... like second best. not sure i would throw gym rat into that mix.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
I'm actually getting a kick out of this thread. I just called my J a gym rat in another thread because that's what he was for a long time. No offense meant, and when none is meant, none should be taken. He called himself that, for heaven's sake. Every day at lunch, two or three times in the evening per week, at least once on the weekend, twice if we could find the time. He had his own locker (no sharing, lol), had changes of clothes there, even kept a Walkman there, in case he didn't like the music they were playing. Because of work, I could only join him on weekends, so I certainly didn't qualify for the term. S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
I've usually heard the term "gym rat" from people who are not overweight, but who are not "hardbodies" either....usually used in a context like "we're not gym rats, but we go 3-4 times a week"

I supposed in that circumstance, you'd assume a gym rat is someone who's there every single day and who's body looks like they should be on TV.

Hey! My body looks like it should be on TV too, man.....if that guy from King of Queens ever quits his show, I'm all set...!

White Plains MD
Username hidden
(51 posts)
I lifted at a gym like that my first two years in college. It was half of a warehouse, didn't even have a bathroom or running water. You had to piss outside.

Strangely enough, I loved it.

Clarion PA
Username hidden
(101 posts)
Hum, I don't know just how well this will go over, but here goes. You are misinformed about rats. In general, rats are not all that disease ridden and in fact are extremely clean, grooming themselves often and repeatedly. They are extremely social creatures who nurture thier young and are inclined to bond with and assist other rats in thier colony, somehow I don't see anyone would consider these traits loathsome. They are extremely energetic and play and exercise regularly. So when someone is discribed as a gym rat they should in fact consider it a compliment.

Milford NJ
Username hidden
(112 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
TOPIC: Question Gym Rat