Pyramid Weight Training : Swingers Discussion 85687
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessPyramid Weight Training
TOPIC: Pyramid Weight Training
Created by: slowgrind4you The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
User Details are only visible to members.
Thanks Kewl I appreciate it. Im a member of TONS of fitness oriented forums so I love discussing it pretty much anytime I can.

Baton Rouge LA
Username hidden
(3 posts)
I personally am not a fan of this regimen bc you are making your workout a whole lot longer than needed. I can see your trainer using the method bc it does in fact work.

By what you mentioned as your goals, I personally would have a client do higher repitions with light to medium weight. The whole goal is to get your metabolism going during the workout.

If you dont mind me asking, what kind of training split does your trainer have you on? Obviously your making great gains so keep doing what works for you!

Baton Rouge LA
Username hidden
(3 posts)
Slow I think the best spilt, at least for me, to lean out is a 5X5 protocol.

5 sets of 5 reps each. The last set will be difficult but you will burn fat if you do them at a high tempo and your muscles will be nicely defined. A 5X5 protocol of squats and deadlifts will give you a bottom you can bounce a quarter off. (although you may be able to do that already)

Nothing wrong with the pyramid but this is a step up from that.

Good luck.

George School PA
Username hidden
(227 posts)
gr8 pics, he is a lucky man :-)

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Slow what are your goals? What type of physique or conditioning changes are you trying to accomplish?

George School PA
Username hidden
(227 posts)
In my younger days...I would do this to work a body part to exhaustion...increasing the weight each set....If you've ever read Arnolds book "pumping iron" it talks about "blasting" muscles to the point where they either grow or die....I wouldn't try the pyramid training in my 60's...but it is a very good system....I believe if you keep the weights light you will see the desired effect....and I agree with the previous post....very nice pics

Reading PA
Username hidden
(790 posts)
uh whatever you are doing, keep doin it!!! hot pics... love to see more ;-)

if by pyramind you mean increasing weight each set doing less reps until u get to close to your max and then going back down and u finish ur sets i usually always use that routine in beginin of the week and then at the end of the week do a rep workout..

good stuff...

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
TOPIC: Pyramid Weight Training