Problematic wrists : Swingers Discussion 72397
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessProblematic wrists
TOPIC: Problematic wrists
Created by: PolyGrl The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
I play guitar professionally, and I've found that my work time on a computer (at my full-time job) tends to aggravate my wrists also, since the work station in my office is anything but ergonomic. I take Glucosmine/Condroitin daily, and that seems to help considerably.

Kane

Port Orange FL
Username hidden
(54 posts)
btw, ibuprophen for inflamation works well. As far as a suppliment? Try Osteo-bi-flex with joint shield. It works by blocking the enzyme that causes joint inflamation in the synovial fluid.

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
Poly, sent you the excercises. These won't beat you up ;-)

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
Poly, you'd need to see a rheumatologist. They will do blood draws to check your levels and see if you have the markers. Generally, rheumatoid arthritis is hereditary. Careful on the meds they use for threatment. Some are very toxic to the system with a myriad of side effects. Prednesone is one med used to bring the swelling down. A week on it won't be a problem, but Docs in the field tend to keep patients on it for months, even years. It is a horror. I sure hope you DON'T have it. It is not a nice thing to have especially with the meds they give. Would you like me to send to some hand/wrist excercises to try? Let me know. Best of luck. Keeping fingers crossed for ya on the RA ;-)

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
I came accross your questions about foot and wrist pain. I don't have time to read all the threads, so forgive me if someone already brought this up. Rheumatoid arthritis and other iflammatory arthritidies can present as pain in multiple joints. Without knowing more about you, I think checking out this possible cause of your pain is worthwhile as these conditions can be progressive and destructive to joints. Also, there are medications now available that are very effective...

New York NY
Username hidden
(2 posts)
Poly, they make gloves with wrist wraps built into them. (One less thing to keep trakc of at the gym, I always forget my straps there)

As far as carpal tunnel, a sign of that would be tingling/numbness in your fingers and I didn't see you mention it, so hopefully that's not the case.

Clarion PA
Username hidden
(101 posts)
Poly, sounds like it might be carpal tunnel. Turn your hands palms up and look at the mounds directly under the thumb. If the mounds are flat or flater than before, it's likely you have carpal tunnel syndrome. Excercises for the wrist and thumbs will help alleviate the pain. Using wrist splints at night when you sleep will keep you from curling your wrists as well. You may need to use them when you lift, but keeping an eye on your grip while keeping the weights lighter should help too. If the pain persists or gets worse to the point where you can't stand it anymore, you can either do steroids shots to the wrists (very painful, but they work with sometimes short term results). Or you can opt to have surgery to widen the carpal tunnel and reduce the pinching. If you like I can try to explain (in an email) some of the excercises that will help reduce the pain. They do work.

Now, I'll tell you what I hear from Mr. Happy when I have all these joint issues...."you're getting OLD"....nice, huh?

Sign me,

Still in Denial *S*

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
"I alternate hands daily. ;-) "

You're ambidextrous too?

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: Problematic wrists