Phenomenal behavior of women who struggle with weight management : Swingers Discussion 139312
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessPhenomenal behavior of women who struggle with weight management
TOPIC: Phenomenal behavior of women who struggle with weight management
Created by: Seduction4Two The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
User Details are only visible to members.
We are wary of "programs" and "diets." What most people (men or women) who want to be fit need is a change of lifestyle. Read "Younger Next Year" by Crowley and Lodge and follow their advice. For how long?....for the rest of your life.

Charlotte NC
Username hidden
(566 posts)
I don't know if this woman is struggling with management, but...

"Donna Simpson currently weighs 600 pounds, so she's going on a diet in hopes of reaching what she considers her ideal weight: 1,000 pounds. The 42-year-old mother, a resident of Old Bridge, NJ, consumes a whopping 12,000 calories a day in an effort to reach her goal.

Simpson already holds the Guinness World Record for world's fattest mother. She insists she's healthy despite the fact that she cannot walk more than 20 feet independently.

The grocery bills frequently reach $750 a week and Simpson supports her diet with money earned from a website where people pay to watch her eat. Her husband, Phillipe, who weighs a 150 pounds, fully supports her plans.

"I love eating and people love watching me eat," she said. "It makes people happy, and I'm not harming anyone."'

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
I think this totally addresses the idea of " change the mind, and the behavior will follow." And I think, really, that sometimes the opposite is true: "change the behavior and the mind will follow."

At any rate, both have to be changes.

When my mind is in the right place, I do the right things to feel good, being more active, eating better, etc. Yes. I am lazy. Yes, I have also used lame excuses...I am not fooling anyone, not even myself.

So. I am writing down my food and times of day and blood sugar levels. I don't want to die at age 52 or feel sluggish for the rest of my life. I want to enjoy it. To enjoy it, means I have to take responsibility for it.

Do I really want to choose Doritos over sleeping better? Do I want an extra pound of resistance on my already-damaged knee? Would I rather dance and move than lie on a couch and watch TV? Do I want to be able to keep up with my friends on a walk without not being able to hold a conversation because I'm out of breath?

It's all about choices and mindset. If I lose weight (and yes, I have, about 14 pounds since September and kept it off) and then hit a plateau, what would keep me from going backwards and giving up? I think I would have to change something. The workout venue, try something different, add something new, even a class, or learning experience like painting, learning a language, etc., just to re-stimulate my mind in another area. I know that works for fighting depression.

take a workout outside, introduce a sport...something.

As a trainer, you are not responsible (although you feel discouraged or whatever) when someone goes backwards into a negative mindset and "gives up" and then gets defensive. They are mad at themselves. Instead of realizing and admitting that, they get defensive. That's true for anything.

Weight management...that puts the person in control of himself/herself...to manage is to oversee and be in charge...in this case, of your weight.

Have you ever known a manager in the business world to blame himself for stagnation or less sales in a business? ha. Treat it pretty much the same, and there has to be some answer for helping lift someone out of a rut. But, it's the person's responsibility.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7474 posts)
"This small percentage is my failure. My failure as a trainer to find an approach to help them, "

I don't believe this would be your failure.

New Castle PA
Username hidden
(4667 posts)
I'm amazed at the people I have seen come and go at WW and the YMCA in a short period of time. I think some of it has to do with unrealistic expectations and those people not having personal support from family and friends. It's much easier to listen to the negative voice in your own head than the positive one.

New Castle PA
Username hidden
(4667 posts)
I just went thru a training that suggested children who went thru trauma in their life will sometimes finds ways to be unhappy again. Reaching goals made them happy but when the progress slowed down they used this as an avenue to return to an unhappy state. When u are working with client's ask them about there life growing up. if they went thru substantial trauma as a child they may be prone to being comfortable from being unhappy. i know its sounds weird but that what the presented info suggests

Euclid OH
Username hidden
(6 posts)
I can understand why some women give up and have a total change of attitude.......I was working out every other day for 1.5 hours. While doing this I thought I was making healthy eating choices but I wasn't losing weight fast enough to suit me. I think in the month and a half I did that i only lost 5 pounds. I gave up and went back to my old habits. I have not always struggled with my weight. I am 5'6" and once weighed a very healthy 117. Now I tip the scales at 220.........It didn't happen over night but it has happened...... I gained more weight during the year of cancer treatments then I did with my 3 pregnancies combined. We (including our children) have recently changed our eating habits. I quit drinking diet sodas and only drink water throughout the day.....after my morning coffee ;) I am one of those that wants instant gratification...........so I set 5 pound loss goals. afterall I didn't gain the weight 20pounds at a time it isn't going to come off that way either. Something just seemed to snap in my head 2 years ago to make me stop trying and something recently snapped again to change my attitude toward excersise again......I guess it is just like when I quit smoking.......I just decided it was time to quit and become healthy Jenny

Norwich NY
Username hidden
(27 posts)
Compassion sounds like the right response. Bottom line is making a committment like that is hard. People don't want to feel bad so we fool ourselves, or try.

Not that hard to understand.

White Plains MD
Username hidden
(51 posts)
Never underestimate human's propensity for self justification...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
People are like this in all spheres of life.

When I was doing counseling, I can not tell you how many times that, as soon as we started doing some good work, people dropped out of counseling because they felt a little bit better and "didn't need it anymore..."

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
TOPIC: Phenomenal behavior of women who struggle with weight management