Overweight kids are coronary time bombs : Swingers Discussion 144007
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessOverweight kids are coronary time bombs
TOPIC: Overweight kids are coronary time bombs
Created by: Seduction4Two The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Mark, it is a shame when parents do harm to their kids that way. At my work I see kids all the time that are seriously overweight and out of shape and the parents carts are full of nothing but crap to eat too. Now while I will say I wish my kids would eat a bigger selection of healthier foods my cart isn't filled with total crap either. Those same kids are usually walking around on a hand held game playing system and you just know that is all they do at home too.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
There was talk a couple of months back around the work place. Seems a very protective mother buried her 29 year old son. I did not know the family but talk said that as a child he was not allowed to go out side to play because it was to dangerous. Cause of death: coronary heart disease... at 29.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
if your kids do all that M then when the heck do they have time to be on the computer or watching TV or being idle?

and yes shell I agree about the fear thing. I wouldn't let my kids run around wild around my parents neighborhood like I did as a kid. Not that it is a bad neighborhood but still. Here on the farm it is easier to relax a bit in that.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
As a parent I think our culture has changed. When I was little we were not allowed to go inside unless we were using the restroom or it was time to eat...then back out our asses went. We rode bikes all over town, things I do not allow my children to do. It was just different though, as sad as that is. My mother did not worry about a predator abducting me or a child molester luring me in. Not that it did not happen of course...but the fear of it was not in our parents like it is in us I think. You hear about an Amber Alert and it makes you just terrified to let them out of your sight. We went on the sex offenders website (we monitor this pretty frequently) and it scared the SHIT out of me...so I think that parents today do not intentionally raise "lazy" children...we keep them closer I think than our own parents did. And with technology yeah, they are alot more sedentary than we were.

Username hidden
(23992 posts)
No all kids are not the same. Some like to be involved in sports and outdoor stuff and some do not. When I was 16 I was riding for 4-8 hours a day. Plus doing barn work. Didn't have any interest in TV, video games or computers. A very good friend of mine has a daughter that is 14 and hardly ever touches a computer except for to do school work. She spends her time riding horses, and is on a dance team for her school. Her mom doesn't force her to do these things it is where her interests are.

Just as adults shouldn't be lumped into one category neither should children.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
I will also say that is one advantage to having dial up. They CAN"T play on-line games. They will always be several steps behind. It takes 20+minutes to download one song. They will get bored with that pretty easily too. And only one can be on-line at a time. Although for my sake I hope to have DSL or wireless before then.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
I'm sure at some point they will discover on-line stuff, but their time on line will be limited. I'm also sure that except in the coldest of months they will continue to ride and show horses and they will be expected to help out in the stable or they will have no allowance.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
My kids seem to never stop moving. There are times I wish they would sit still. My mother just tells me her curse worked because my kids act just like I did at that age. never still.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
The situation is indeed dire. The question is, what to do? Kids are not different from adults. What they need to do and what they are incented to do are poorly aligned.

When we were kids, bikes, balls and so on were ways of connecting with others and getting away from our parents. Todays kids can accomplish the same with a machine that requires less effort and imagination.

We need a third place (not school, not home) that kids can and want to congregate and be kids. Cyberspace ain't it.

T

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
I also think part of the problem during the week is with so many families with two parents working the kids (younger ones anyway) are in extend care type situations. By the time they are home this time of the year it is dark.

A big part of the reason I work overnight is so I'm here for my kids after school and with the horse farm they are outside every day for several hours a day. And even in the house they are not idle.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
TOPIC: Overweight kids are coronary time bombs