Opinions please : Swingers Discussion 112171
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessOpinions please
TOPIC: Opinions please
Created by: lost_j1
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 15   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Thank you for the replies. I rememeber learning in the old 80s Jazzercise classes to breathe in through my nose, out through pursed lips, and wondered if that still applied at all. But what you guys wrote makes sense. Thanks.

Gina, breathing.

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(5605 posts)
Gina...

Not sure what you mean by "proper" here.

Some basic ideas...

Breathing is there to exchange oxygen with carbon dioxide. During cardio or during long sets (e.g. 50 crunches) you have to breathe. Relatively even breathing that avoids breath-holding is the order of the day, usually in some proportion to the reps that you are doing or the steps you are taking. But there is no perfect match.

When using heavy weights...exhaling during the "work", inhaling during the "resetting" portion of the cycle. For example, when doing a pushup, exhaling when you are extending your arms and lifting your body, inhaling when you flex your arms and let your torso settle back towards the mat. (There are fancy names that refer to the concentric and eccentric phases of the movement. I'll skip them...)

Your minute ventilation (the product of the volume of your breath times breaths per minute) is determined primarily by how much CO2 you have to blow off. Above 5000 feet (example, Telluride CO is at 9500 feet), your minute ventilation also increases to exchange the less available oxygen with CO2. You can never compensate completely by increasing your breathing rate, however.

Atlanta GA

Username hidden
(436 posts)
Opinions and informed ones please:

When working out, cardio, weights, whatever, please tell me what you know about proper breathing.

Thanks, Gina

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(5605 posts)
heehee, thank you!!

San Marcos TX

Username hidden
(23964 posts)
Shell I agree with JSL. The pics might help.

Case in point, I have been griping to hubman that I have been trying so hard to lose weight and he keeps telling me he can see me slimming down but I just can't see it. I read a thing in a magazine about having a friend you can call when your "skinny jeans" fit. Well I don't have skinny jeans, but I have a smoking hot pair of red leather pants I bought last year (got a great deal on them) when I put them on last year I could get them on, if I pulled tugged and risked busting the seams. I could zip them if I laid on the bed and sucked in as hard as I could. I could stand in them, but the lovely sight of "muffin top" was not pretty. For some reason reading that made me think of those pants. I went and got them, fully expecting them to still not fit. They slid on easily and I could zip them with no problem. My mind was telling me that extra weight was still there. The mind can be a tricky thing!

PG

Louisville KY

Username hidden
(17015 posts)
ps. galina is a very "fat and cranky" 125 this week. menstrual week is defn a turn on.....or not :-)"

Thank you dzzy, you are all right. Haha, poor girlie! It sucks to be on AF week. Just smile and agree and love on her. Just never disagree.

San Marcos TX

Username hidden
(23964 posts)
Thank you all very much for your words, I sincerely appreciate them!

"There is nothing good about skinny fat people Shelly, reprogram yourself babe, most skinny fat people have the same health issues that overweight people when they get to a certain age, very few escape that ugly fate."

I know Poly and as always your words are very encouraging to me. Yes, I just have to be patient. I think we buy into this microwave, instant society we live in and I lose my patience. I love yoga so I'm really going to do that and running really makes me feel great as well. Thank you all again.

San Marcos TX

Username hidden
(23964 posts)
You may also have body dysmorphia (I think that is what it is called). My husband cannot see how broad his chest has gotten or how nice and muscled his arms and legs are. After the inital weight loss the rest is minor changes. Do this, take a picture of yourself (or several) in a a bra and panties or a bikini and store it on your computer. On a monthly basis wear the same thing, use the same poses and take another set of photos and then compare them. The changes that you do not see on a day to day basis will be evident.

Fuquay Varina NC

Username hidden
(207 posts)
not every skinny person exists on diet pepsi and lettuce leaves. I spent most of my life ribby thin (in fact you could have used me for a skeleton for anatomy class) and I took in I would guess about 4000 calories a day. Was nothing for me to drink a full 2 liter of coke (regular not diet) and all the food I could shove down my throat and not gain an ounce.

However that said, if you have to eat lettuce leaves and diet coke to stay skinny then it is not your body's natural type.

Shell darling you are looking great, don't stave your body (ok coming from someone who has barely eaten in two weeks that sounds bad, but depression and illness had a hand there) eat good natural foods in proportions for your body, work out and stay toned, no one says you have to be mrs bulky body builder while doing that.

PG

Louisville KY

Username hidden
(17015 posts)
Shell...There is NOTHING sexier than a fit, toned healthy woman. "Fashion" magazines showing severely underweight models who survive on diet Pepsi, lettuce leaves and cigarettes have little appeal to men.

If the 'skinny' look is important to you, and you're willing to compromise your health to attain it, that's your decision. But from this male's perspective, radiant and solid, toned and muscled is much more attractive.

Atlanta GA

Username hidden
(436 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 15   End
TOPIC: Opinions please