Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness Obesity's Impact on Health Insurance
TOPIC: Obesity's Impact on Health Insurance
Created by: PolyGrl The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
 1 to 10 of 57   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I agree with y'all in most that you have said. Absolutely, obesity is something that causes millions of dollars. Now, I'm NOT talking about a person who is pleasantly plump or could drop a few. I'm talking about the patient that is wheelchair and bed bound because they suffer (because this is the appropriate word, for they suffer terribly) from morbid obesity. Their entire world is that room that they lie in, and my heart truly goes out to them.

And I think the new medical procedures that are available will save so many lives, and thats the important thing...its about people.

However. I have seen people who had gastric done, and I'll be honest...they didn't want to do it the "old fashioned" way by diet and exercise, and thought this was a cheat mechanism. At first it works, yes. However, the body is an amazing instrument, and is SO open to adjustment. If the person does not receive dietary counseling in how to eat, WHAT A SINGLE SIZE PORTION IS (this is a HUGE problem in the U.S. We think a triple size portion is a single sized portion...anyone who has eaten in Europe knows this...I looked down and was like "is this my entire meal?" LOL) they are going to stay in the habits that contributed to their problems in the first place.

Thats jmo though. Shelly

Username hidden
(23991 posts)
Mayo Clinic just released a study and confirms that acupuncture is a catalyst for weight loss. Mayo is now using acupuncture for depression, pain control and weight loss. Twenty years ago acupuncture in western medicine was looked at as snake oil. They now confirm that that the energy lines in the body are redistributed with the needles which alters signals to the brain for telling it's hungry, depressed or in pain. Always good to hear traditional medicine is using more alternative means.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
I am not anti doctor at all . Im more anti pharmicutical . Doctors can do great work when it comes to trauma and life and death situations . In no way am I anti doctor . They save many lives .

East Stroudsburg PA
Username hidden
(131 posts)
I believe in doctors but very skeptically. I had vertigo about 3years ago. I couldnt walk without hitting a wall. I told them I had problems with sinus. I was hospitalized for 5 days and had every test. Still nothing. I started to diagnose myself and told them it was sinus. I have had a history of infections. But still no. Finally I told the doc to give me a antibiotic for the hell of it,guess what I was better after 3 years of suffering. I know my own body and I wish the Docs would listen when we speak.

Lockport IL
Username hidden
(388 posts)
I don't think anyone has suggested to completely swear off doctors. There are some things that just can't be treated without surgery or other major action. I just don't believe in going to the doctor every time I get sick. The only time I have had to go to the doctor is when I had pneumonia in college. All other illness I went the natural route and have always been fine. I go once a year to the OBGYN for a complete check up and blood work and thats the only traditional doctor I have..... and pneumonia 28 years ago was the last time I took antibiotics. I think my lack of need for antibiotics or a doctor is because I jump on the natural meds as soon as I start feeling sick and always try to consume healthy foods and practices that the average person ignores or isn't aware.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
It hasn't been that uncommon that past decade for me to hear of girls getting their periods at ages 9 to 11 ....when I was young that was extremely rare and average was 12 to 13. I've read many reports that hormones in meat are big contributors to this trend.....however, I haven't done much research on it. I only eat organic meat... hormone and antibiotic free.

M..... I take it your mother was doing nothing for herself to make her lungs better? There are plenty of things she could have done...including taking the natural antibiotic...fresh garlic. If you get sick you have to start taking things to combat it before it gets out of control. It's not that I believe the doctors can't do anything for you....its that I think in many cases you can fix your own problems without them and without using man made drugs. I can't remember the last time I ever visited a doctor when I got sick..... I use naturalpathic drugs. I raised my son that way too and never had problems. I think antibiotics should ONLY be used if you are on deaths door and nothing else is fixing the problem. Too many people use antibiotics unnecessarily and don't allow their body's natural immune system to handle things. For instance.... the LAST thing you want to do when you get a simple fever for the flu is to take something to get the fever down. As long as the fever is within a reasonable level (102 degrees or below) it should be allowed to stay elevated until it kills the virus. Viruses can't live at that high a body temperature and it's your body's natural built in defense to get rid of the virus by putting it in an environment it doesn't like....so to take down your temperature unnaturally is only working against yourself.

Cows milk is not that great for humans period. It's almost impossible for the human body to break down the large molecular structure of cow's milk. The reason why doctor's switch people to goats milk and take them off cow's is because the goat's molecular structure is much smaller and consequently people have less problems with digesting goats milk.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
I think puberty also has been currupted by the food chain . Children now reach puberty at a much younger age . And the reason for this is all the horemones that they injest in the daily diet . I really think in this day and age you have to think outside the box . You really have to watch what you eat and drink . Honestly I dont eat beef or deer meat because of prion desease or mad cow . The 20 year plus incubation period is scary . In fact the big big rise in dementia type deseases of the last decade maybe in fact prion desease . Once again , use google . search puberty and beef should bring up the alarming facts . Also I strongly urge everyone to google dementia and mad cow . My real name is Howie :) But thick is ok or riderrrr :)

East Stroudsburg PA
Username hidden
(131 posts)
I once saw Eminem having sex with Britany Spears on the internet.

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
LOL , well thank god I stopped masterbating years ago . Honestly though , Im making a batch of collidiol silver right now . My son had his friend over this weekend . I dont know why his friends mom let this kid out . He must of filled my house with a rather large dose of what ever virus that was make him cough all over my place . It takes me 5 hours to make one of the most powerful antibiotics you can find . And I did cure my 8 year old of asthma . He was diagnosed at the age of 4 . Well , Thats when I discovered silver C ! Hes never had a streep infection and only missed one day of school last year . And that day wasnt a illness related absentee . My oldest son suffered from severe acne . Hes now 25 . He took accutane . Very dangerous . Had I known his acne was caused by milk I could have avoided this . My 17 year old started to develope what seemed to be severe acne . I immediatly told him too stop using milk . Three weeks later no acne . Cured ! Everytime I see a teen with bad acne I am really pulled to tell them how too improve the skin problem . But being a respectful person I dont :( Milk is full of the germ that causes acne . Do a google on milk ance and see for your self . I dealt with doctors for 5 years after a accident . I wont go into detail . It was a tractor trailor acciident . Well , I cured myself . I cured a severe migraine issue caused by whiplash . Basically a 6 year migraine cured three days after my own treatment plan . So , If you can think for yourself and utilize the net . You have a chance to find a cure for whatever illness or injury you may have .

East Stroudsburg PA
Username hidden
(131 posts)
I know Ive mentioned silver collidiol . Tetrasil is a form of silver . Silver collidiol or collidiol silver is a super antibiotic . Its one the big pharm doesent want you too know . Also , If any folks here have teens with acne problems . The cure is simple as avoiding milk . Milk is filled with the bacteria that causes acne . Acne is a very big bussiness . Big money maker . I know for a fact that avoiding milk will clear acne in three weeks :)

East Stroudsburg PA
Username hidden
(131 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
 1 to 10 of 57   End
TOPIC: Obesity's Impact on Health Insurance