No fat people! : Swingers Discussion 181607
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessNo fat people!
TOPIC: No fat people!
Created by: 12566 The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
User Details are only visible to members.
The benefit of a current picture helps differentiate between a healthy BMI 25-30 and a mushy BMI 25-30 (both exist). In quick medical clinic settings we need something easy to measure. Sure, Body Composition measurements of fat vs muscle would be great - but not practical most of the time. Taking height and weight and comparing to a general population index is quick & easy. The next step will be just the waist circumference. Belly fat don't lie and organ fat is unhealthy fat (as opposed to thigh/butt fat which is health neutral). -h

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(972 posts)
Agreed BLM -- I ditto that post.

Also agreed that these indexes are outdated. Did they even know back then that muscle is heavier than fat? I think a more descriptive term should be fit.

Emeryville CA
Username hidden
(12209 posts)
I got to be honest here folks... I have no problem with people who are not HWP.. some of the sexiest women I have ever dated were very very curvy. Luck for me they didn't mind that I was HWP. ;-p

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(3744 posts)
You first :) hahaha

Acworth GA
Username hidden
(36 posts)
So what about the other end of the spectrum? Persons with a distorted body image that claim they are "HWP" and are actually underweight?

Not picking a fight, but we have seen some folks' photos that claim to be HWP and are actually quite underweight and would probably raise a few red flags in any medical professional's office.

Acworth GA
Username hidden
(36 posts)
Pics when current are a much better indicator to me then BMI or height/weight listings on here. The SM soldier I used to play with on a regular basis was 6'4 and 245 and there was not an ounce of fat on him just solid muscle.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17841 posts)
"We're of the opinion that some people are confused and believe that HWP stands for Height / Width Proportional - 5' tall, 5' wide = a proportion of 1:1 therefore they must be HWP. "

hahahahahahaha!

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(972 posts)
IBW (rule of 5s and 6s) was developed from Metropolitin Life insurance tables set up in the 1950's. BMI is a ratio of weight to height that is correlated to health risks based on large population studies. Neither account for body composition (both low muscle mass with good subcutaneous fat stores and high muscle with low fat). Waist circumference will be the next indicator of health (and it's much better than BMI).

HWP is what you "see". If you like what you see, that is HWP for your taste. But when there are no pictures, hard to tell ;)

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(972 posts)
IBW measurements are based on the BMI, which was concocted in the 1800s (note that in the 1800s people were both much shorter and much lighter, due to poorer nutrition and medical care), by a government functionary, to quickly assess the general health of a population of people -- not an individual.

My IBW is around 175lbs. My hydrostatically measured lean body mass is 230-240lbs. I'd have to lose 65lbs of muscle and bone to hit my "ideal" bodyweight.

As a competitive lifter, I can guarantee you that 175 lbs is anything but ideal for me.

People should stop saying "HWP" and just start saying what they really mean: they want rail-thin people who think adequate nutrition is a salad, and a good workout is an hour a day on a treadmill with a shake weight.

Oakland CA
Username hidden
(84 posts)
Ok did that, now I'm at 171, I've been down to 175 recently and people thought I was sick lol, I'm at 10% body fat now, should be at 8 in about 2 weeks, I'll keep it there for the summer.

Lebanon PA
Username hidden
(69 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
TOPIC: No fat people!