Need Help Getting Started : Swingers Discussion 1761211011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessNeed Help Getting Started
TOPIC: Need Help Getting Started
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 18 of 18 
User Details are only visible to members.
"diet is 70-80% of fitness" ExiledFun is right on about that. The cheapest fitness formula in the world is "eat less, move more." We would only add that "diet" is a bad word, if you mean some kind of "program." Sooner or later, you reach a target and then...what?? You are back in the real world where successful weight control requires a lifelong commitment to sensible eating.

A good read: "Younger Next Year" by Crowley and Lodge. Good luck to you both. You sound like a nice, dedicated couple.

Charlotte NC

Username hidden
(557 posts)
If your wife can find a place near your home she should check into ZUMBA. I have been doing it for 2 weeks and have lost inches already. Great all over body workout. I go to a dance school and they have drop in rates so you don't have to pay if you don't go or decide you don't like it but there are other places that offer it too.

Sussex NJ

Username hidden
(45 posts)
Jillian Michaels and her co-trainers have a series of deeveedees for home fitness that could interest your wife.

My ~~ZZ~~ does 'The Firm' videos at home on opposite days from 'Latin Dance Cardio' with Cheryl * Maks from 'Dancing With the Stars.' This is one in which I join her. It requiress a 12' x 12' space [approx.] for the movement.

**ZZ**

Treasure Is FL

Username hidden
(6602 posts)
The value of a qualified trainer cannot be overstated if you can afford it. Accountability will make you show up. Moreover, a trainer will get about 30% more performance than you get out of your self.

If you are sufficiently motivated to follow canned presentations such as P90X or Insanity, they can and will do wonders. But do not underestimate the power of one-on-one to get you going and push you to your limits, and then just a hair farther.

Atlanta GA

Username hidden
(436 posts)
P90X is a great program, I lost 45 pounds 3 years ago doing it. I'm currently doing about my 10th round of it (mixed in with some other programs). And I had to laugh at the comment about the trainer being a douchebag. You either love him or hate him, most of us end up hating him in a good way. I will be seeing him at an event in LA in June and will share the comment with him. The last time I saw him I told him my wife cusses him out while she's doing her workouts, he laughed and said he love it, it lets him know he's doing his job.

Since you asked specifically asked as it pertains to your wife, I'll tell you what it did for mine. When she started, she could do 1/2 of a pull-up, a very difficult exercise for women. By the end of her first 90 days, she could do 11 with no assistance. She went from 5'3", 117 lbs (not fat, but not in shape) to 108 lbs. of gorgeous muscle. I particularly love it when she flexes her back muscles. Very sexy.

Rick

West Sacramento CA

Username hidden
(27 posts)
If you can afford it hire a trainer to come to your home. It can really jump start getting in shape.

Lansing MI

Username hidden
(1621 posts)
Also checkout the impact body plan book by todd durkin - probably some of the best info out there.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(30 posts)
Hiya - a lot of people here seem to love the P90X workouts. I have them too and several are excellent (plyo and cardio in particular), but I can't get past how big a douchebag the trainer is in them. You might also want to checkout men's health website as well as bodybuilding website. Also, google "high intensity interval training". Has made a huge difference in results. Don't forget the importance of nutrition too - sugar is pure evil, eat smaller, more frequent meals, low glycemic index stuff - IMO, as a former trainer myself, diet is 70-80% of fitness. Good luck! Getting fit and healthy is the best feeling in the world.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(30 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 18 of 18 
TOPIC: Need Help Getting Started