Mountain Biking (Roadies welcome too) : Swingers Discussion 57838101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessMountain Biking (Roadies welcome too)
TOPIC: Mountain Biking (Roadies welcome too)
Created by: pennybuttons The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
I do alot of mountain biking around my area, mostly the Thun Trail and Blue Marsh. The Thun Trail is mostly flat and you can mostly go for distance down to Birdsboro. Blue Marsh has trails with a greater level of difficulty. Either way its fun being out in the woods for a few hours he,he...

Richie '06 Gary Fisher Tassajara (Disc)

Reading PA

Username hidden
(22 posts)
Annie, Although we both ride Specialized off road now, the Mrs previously had a raleigh. Unfortunately it was stolen. She loved that bike. For the price I think they are the way to go. They make a nice light aluminum frame hardtail probably in your price range. We have the same problem in Florida during the winter. It's scary on the roads with all the old people. Good luck...

Oxford PA

Username hidden
(72 posts)
Bad Annie,

We are far from being experts, but we can tell you that we have been very happy with our Specialized brand bikes. We have the Expedition model, and they have been good for both on and off road riding.

You can see their line at Specialized(dot)com and we bought ours at a local (Trappe, PA) store called Bikesport. (Lifetime annual tuneups come standard from these folks.)

Hope this helps!

R & M

Hagerstown MD

Username hidden
(541 posts)
deleware gap ! awesome , One of my climbs is bangor mountain rt 611 . Your best bet is to get a bike from a local bike shop . If you buy on ebay make sure you get the right fit . You dont want a bike thats breaks and you want one that fits :) good luck .ps if you ever riding the gap send me a message . Im a roadie though . Peace

Long Pond PA

Username hidden
(130 posts)
I love to ride and the benifits are great . Resting heart , less then 60 beats a minute . I ride about 7000 miles a year . This year all I do is ride up n down the steepest mountains I can find . Pretty cool riding up into the clouds . Great for the lower body as well as abs and the tan you get is awesome riderrrrrrrr :)

Long Pond PA

Username hidden
(130 posts)
so if we exercise maybe we can do it better?

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(79 posts)
OFRD,

"Mountain" biking is certainly a whole other game here in florida! Full suspension is definitely the way to go here, what with palmettos, oak roots, and various critters on the trails. I put time on my road bike, just so I can ride without having to cope with roots on the trail!

Hope you have fun on the bike while you're visiting our state!

Kane

Port Orange FL

Username hidden
(54 posts)
We bought a pair of Mountain Bikes for a birthday two years ago and we are fortunate enough to live near the Perkiomen Trail. This meanders from Green Lane. PA, through Valley Forge, all the way to Philadelphia, PA. Road bikes do well on this trail as well since most of it is paved.

We also make trips out to Dutch Country, and have gone riding around areas with fascinating names like, Blue Ball, Bird-in-Hand, and Intercourse! LOL Actually these are very nice trips, with some challenging hills and beautiful scenery.

We are always looking for riding companions, so if you are in the area and want to touch base, drop us a note.

R & M

Hagerstown MD

Username hidden
(541 posts)
We are fortunate to live right next to an 1800 acre state preserve. We have a great bunch that get out cross country 2-3 times a week. We meet up, ride for a couple hours, or as long as it stays light (early and late season). Then usually have a couple beers, BS a little, and home for a good nights sleep. We'll try and get out on the road during the week, when we can.

Last season was a bust for me (he). I got caught up in the work way too much. Lost fitness and felt like crap. Right now we are stuck in FL for a couple more weeks, and can't wait to get home. The old people will mow you down like a weed. And I'm not kidding. So it's been urban assault on the singlespeed for me right now. The Mrs runs 5k's, so I'm chasing her around a bit to get ready for spring. So with a jumpstart on this season I'm feeling good.

I'll know more after this weekend. A friend of ours who wins her sport class regularly is coming down this weekend. She and I are hitting the so called Mt bike park in Laudedale. She's been training this winter so it should be interesting.

He rides, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR - CC Cannondale Road Bike Bianchi- SS

She rides, Specialized FSR - CC Bianchi Road Bike

Oxford PA

Username hidden
(72 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: Mountain Biking (Roadies welcome too)