Motivation to Get Fit : Swingers Discussion 194554
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessMotivation to Get Fit
TOPIC: Motivation to Get Fit
Created by: youngwildnfree The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Like any exercise program, if you don't know what you are doing, if you don't have good feedback, you can hurt yourself. I saw so many people doing P90X incorrectly. Repetative movement done wrong can cause havoc with your joints and/or muscles. A good CF box has trainers/coaches that find out your goals, work with you towards those goals, and program workouts that build your strengths and work on your weaknesses. Unfortunately there are also a few bad boxes out there - wham bam programing that doesn't make sense from a functional view, that causes repetative injuries, and break down your body instead of building it up.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(960 posts)
If you are just starting CF, my number 1 suggestion is to find a local affiliate and their onramp/elements/beginner program. You want certified coaches who can help you do the lifts (and other moves) correctly and know how to modify/scale (I am not qualified). Personal training can be expensive but worth it.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(960 posts)
4 rounds: 30 Overhead Lunges (holding a 25# plate) + 400m run. "Shorts of Pain" dubbed by a gym-mate. 15:29 (not the sub-15 I was hoping for, but I'm okay with my performance today).

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(960 posts)
"Murph" comes up on the main site as a WOD pretty regularly. It's a workout.

Chambersburg PA
Username hidden
(27 posts)
Murph is not a 'regular' workout. Hero WODs are to remind us of the pain of dying. Yes, I've done full Murph. My best is 53 min. We break down the middle part in sets of Cindy (20 rounds of 5 pullup, 10 pushup, 30 airsquat). Pushups are my limiting factor right now. Yes, I'm "she". Been doing Crossfit for a little over 2 years. Going to try the Crossfit Games WODs this year - our gym needs girls who can do chest-to-bar pullups and pushups.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(960 posts)
I got all motivated and did "Murph" more as a test for myself on my 50th birthday. It took about 50 minutes as I remember. After 300 squats my legs were like jelly....walked the last mile ruining my 45 minute goal. I'm no longer a fan of Crossfitting as a regular workout, but I do enjoy these things as a challenge.

Chambersburg PA
Username hidden
(27 posts)
Ah, Cindy...know her well. She's one of the nicer girls. You'll see variations in other WODs (I use her during Murph). 9 rounds is great! I've only gotten 11 so far. "Jacket of Pain" was, painful. 500m row, 100 push press, 500m row, 75 push press, 500m row, 50 push press, 500m row, 25 push press. 55 lb bar.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(960 posts)
Yes, scale it! You don't want to overdo it and get hurt. Build up slow. We're doing something called "Jacket of Pain" tomorrow. Rows & Push Presses. Lots of Push Presses. Scaring me..... -h

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(960 posts)
Welcome to Crossfit. It will definitely change your body composition! Strong is sexy. Can't believe I get so much work in relatively so little time.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(960 posts)
Good for you, Wildnfree! We exercised regularly before we got involved in the lifestyle, but it took on a new meaning when we started playing. Before, we only had to look good in our clothes, now we have to look good naked, lol! Wish more couples had your attitude.

Virginia Beach VA
Username hidden
(313 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
TOPIC: Motivation to Get Fit