Motivation : Swingers Discussion 78987
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessMotivation
TOPIC: Motivation
Created by: irishrose22
Original Starting post for this thread:
Ok, today I started my workout routine. 5 am up and at the gym. God it feels good. I usually gave myself the ok, 3 yrs after kid rule before I have to be at my goal weight. Boy, I think I am too lax on myself. :)...lol. Well, we are done having kids, no more excuses. Don't get me wrong, I love myself, but I could stand to lose a lot of weight.

So here I go. I started a new thread to keep up my motivation. It seems that if I have to be accountable to someone else, outside my realm, I do better. So I suppose I will post how I am doing and I know that many of you will be supportive of the cause.

Oh, and I wanted on record that Spade and I made a deal last night. If I get to my goal weight then he stops smoking, all while working out with me as well.

Todays workout consisted of cardio. Treadmill 22 min, elptical 15 min, bike 10 min. I plan on doing cardio all this week to get me back into the routine, then adding in weight training next week. Any suggestions would be great. Perhaps a fitness plan that has worked for you?

~R

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 176   End
User Details are only visible to members.
im fairly sure that that was a post from a place and time where no one should have been driving?

sweet???

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Sorry it was a dare:

Just found out the mother in law got a new vehicle. A Vaccuum cleaner. She said she might visit. I told Rachel I was going to turn the waterhose on her for a few seconds. If Dorathy could get rid of her witch, maybe I can hit mine with enough water to make her lose a few pounds.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Juliecatt...

Bravo on your progress! You have also discovered that a qualified trainer provides you with accountability and safety. S/he will push you to a safe limit, and so so in a way that is fun and challenging.

Best wishes for your continued success.

FL

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(437 posts)
I just wanted to take a minute to thank all of the posters in this forum. I've lost weight over the last 2 years but have become very lazy in the last 6 months as far as exeercise goes. Reading the posts throughout this fitness thread from the people who are in the business of fitness really made me realize that I needed that one on one assistance of a personal trainer. I was the type that was great about going back to the gym for a couple of weeks but quickly became tired of it and had all of the excuses not to go. I began 6 weeks ago with my trainer and am absolutely amazed at the results. Amazing changes in enery levels and attitue, not to mention down a clothing size!! Knowing that he is down there waiting for me to show up and work out makes me go...and if that's what it takes in the beginning I'm happy for it!!!

So this is a huge thanks to all of you personal fitness gurus!!! Thank you for your knowledge and all of your hard work!!

Ithaca NY
Username hidden
(70 posts)
"Liar!!! :)"

lol....I suppose I am, but it was all your fault. I am very excited to start my after baby journey and get back to the gym. It helps that I didn't gain as much as I usually do during this last pregnancy. I have my post-baby check up today. So hopefully I get the ok to get back to all of my normal activities, obviously taking it slow and listening to my body. I have a lot of work to do.

~Rose

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
"Well, we are done having kids,"

Liar!!! :)

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
I just wanted to post this and tell all of you who have been after my lazy ass to give working out a try that you were right lol. I have been working out for almost a month now. Well, I've been running. I was determined this time and actually dedicated myself to not quitting after a week when the legs in my jeans felt tight. So I'm running and doing yoga. And eating more. At first it felt odd to actually be able to eat but I am eating probably twice what I was eating before. Jay took my pics this morning and not to sound vain but I went holy shit, is that what I look like? And Jay said we've been telling your stubborn ass to work out and eat more but noooo you didn't listen. So I just want to tell you all who are like me and stubborn. Working out and eating right (and more) works.

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
It went well! We spent an hour and half, and I'm a rule follower, so I'm glad he's very disciplined. He taught me the proper way to use the machines, worked me past my comfort level (very good) and didn't overwhelm me either. I think it's going to work for me very well. We did all upper body machines today and will do lower body on Thursday. I feel so good about this. I've been heading towards this anyway.

Another thing is that I let my cholesterol meds lapse, as I've made so many eating changes lately, that I want to be med-free and let my lifestyle (the "other" lifestyle...hehehehe) help my health rather than relying on meds for it.

Meanwhile, making small changes still...not always perfectly (hell, never "perfectly") but better. And adding my own exercise too, not just these meager two days worth every week. HUbby too.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(5605 posts)
motivation: Am starting at the gym with a personal trainer/friend of sorts who promises to be very demanding. He's physcially fit and disciplined in body, mind and spirit, so he's going to be kind of tough, I think! aagh....I'm scared! I know it'll be better than working on my own, because I don't have that inner drive needed.

We're starting relatively slow. Should be interesting, and I hope, motivating!

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(5605 posts)
Haha, true that you got me. Ha. Well for the record I do think that your shower picture is hot. Honestly we do not have anything against single males and I even married a single male ha....I just can't keep up with all of the emails as it is without opening up to the single man element on here. Thanks for the pic though, very nice! Shell

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 176   End
TOPIC: Motivation