Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness Morning vs Evening Workouts Question
TOPIC: Morning vs Evening Workouts Question
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   11 to 20 of 35   End
User Details are only visible to members.
* then six miles in under forty minutes.*

Dude, how do these lies just spill out of you? do you even think before you spew such bullshit? Even a Kenyan marathon runner can't complete a 13.2 (half a marathon) in less than 2 hours. That's like consistently running at 7.5 you freak!

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17092 posts)
At lest for me, you are looking way too far into it.

I normally work out when I get a chance to, but every day. Typically 50 pushups/situps stretching and then a six mile run. (no money for a gym pass... you damned rich folk.) I typically will do my work out in the morning, rain or shine, sleet or hail. (much to the dismay of the city plows during the winter.... But you get a bonus workout in the winter trudging through the snow, ice and up and down snow embankments.)

I do not eat before running as I would revisit what I ate. So a small cup of water before the run, then six miles in under forty minutes. I wish that I could get it down to thirty minutes... But that doesn't seem likely.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7705 posts)
I wish I would start working out in the morning. But I always get my run in after work which happens to be at 7pm.

Cary NC
Username hidden
(445 posts)
Skinny should never be seen as healthy or attributed to good health. In my professional experience, skinny, isn't always skinny, more often than not, skinny people are nothing but fat.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17092 posts)
People should work out when they can establish a regular routine and DO IT. No matter what age or weight you are, your body will thank you. My wife and I happen to work out in the morning because it's always been when it's OUR time and not subject to other distractions or responsibilities. We get up before 5 and are exercising by 5:30 or so. She stays in the house and I go to a local gym. We eat breakfast afterwards and don't eat any more or less than usual. Personally, I haven't found that exercising alone keeps my weight down. Only by eating less and working out do I seem to temporarily win that age related battle of gaining a pound or two a year from the time you graduate high school. It's wierd that the new skinny is not being obese.

Southington CT
Username hidden
(328 posts)
Like SVCpl I drank the Crossfit Koolaid - by the pitcher too!

As far as morning/evening workout - I can't get out of bed for anything in the mornings. Never been a morning person.

Saturdays and Holidays I go to the box for a 9:00am WOD (WOD - Work Out of the Day). That's as early as I can handle. I do feel better all day and we always go to breakfast right after to refuel! Awesome!

My box has a WOD (that sounds kinda funny, esp if I was a F) at 5:30pm, I hit that during the week and it's perfect...for me. Light snack at work 3:00ish and I'm ready to rock the rig! Then Steak or other Paleo good nutrition after and energy to get through to bedtime. No more falling asleep in the chair after dinnertime.

As a side note. I've always been a big guy and overweight and out of shape most of my life. I didn't play sports, wasn't very active (although I did and do sail and ski). I could never get "hooked" on anything athletic or fitness oriented and diets failed one after another.

I was dragged to a Crossfit box by my sister. Best thing that ever happened to my health! 6 months later I'm running 5Ks, Warrior Dash, getting close to Rx on most WODS, lost 6 inches midsection, my legs, arms and chest are getting toned and tight and the cooler over my six pack abs is getting smaller and smaller! (I'm seeing muscles I never knew I had!) and DR says I'm getting normalized on my bloodwork!. 5 days a week! LOVE It! Check out Crossfit dot com sometime just for a little insight. You won't regret it.

The hardest part of Crossfit is walking through the door.

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Maybe split it up? Do your cardio in the AM to get your engine running and lift in the evening? If I find myself pressed for time that is what I do, and the mental game I play is I only have "half" a workout to do when I get home which makes it easier to get motivated.

Oh and I'm not much further than Leeza if you need a substitute spotter.

;^D

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12142 posts)
Well, it looks like I will be sticking with my evening workouts. I was finding I had to get up around 3:45 a.m. to get my full workout in, get showered & ready and out the door on time to make the 30 minute drive to work. I was ending up completely exhausted after a few days. Thanks all for the input and advice though!

Apollo PA
Username hidden
(752 posts)
the best workouts are the ones in the morning. a bit tough to strat. lots of warm-ups and stretching. after that feel the energy rise. a very good protein shake/bfast and supplements and you will see how upbeat and full of energy you are going to feel. follow that with few good meals and you will feel energetic the entire day.

Jamaica NY
Username hidden
(882 posts)
Depending on one's goals, sometimes, working out on empty stomach is advisable.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17092 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   11 to 20 of 35   End
TOPIC: Morning vs Evening Workouts Question