Morning vs Evening Workouts Question : Swingers Discussion 206735101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessMorning vs Evening Workouts Question
TOPIC: Morning vs Evening Workouts Question
Created by: frnznluvers2
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 36   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I prefer morning workouts! 1. Gets me up and moving 2. Gives me energy to start the day 3. Clears my mind 4. No daily junk to side track me from working out

Madison OH

Username hidden
(47 posts)
Mr B and I are starting p90x in the mornings again and find that half of a protein drink and some water before we work out helps with the energy dip. We are sure to drink water throughout the entire work out, and follow up with egg white and spinach and cheese omelettes and whole grain toast. We tried the diet program and it was too strict for our will power (Lol!) so we just cut out soda and sugary snacks and eat, healthy, well portioned foods. Best wishes!

Millington TN

Username hidden
(224 posts)
We both workout in the morning before work. There are fewer people in the gym, more energy (once you wake up!), and the events of the day cannot get in the way or give you an excuse not to hit the gym.

For maintaining weight or losing weight mornings are very effective as you do dip into your energy reserves since you have been fasting overnight. For building muscle mornings can be tougher because most of us cannot eat what we would need before the workout.

Huntersville NC

Username hidden
(1 post)
Remember, safety if you're exercising outside in the early morning! Don't wear head phones (be able to hear and aware of your surroundings). Carry some pepper spray. Also make sure you wear clothing that can be seen by drivers, or take along a small flash light. We have had a number of women killed here jogging in the morning! I'm not much of a morning person when I first wake up. Always in a rush to get to work ontime! So, I have to do my Pilate's/Barre classes after work. Hopefully when I retire, I can go do them in the morning, after my coffee and waking up!

Cocoa FL

Username hidden
(209 posts)
I read a study which suggested that working out first thing in the morning can be very efficient, since your body has been fasting overnight and has to dig into stored carbs for energy.

Once I read that, I started going for my bike rides early in the AM, just before breakfast. I would be lying if I didn't say I saw good results from the change.

Modesto CA

Username hidden
(134 posts)
I only workout now 30minutes-hour of waking up ...it just fits my schedule better and the biggest bonus is that i am not tired after a day of work and going to the gym with only partial the energy that i would in the mornings.

Fresno CA

Username hidden
(6 posts)
I'm glad to see people making the effort to stay fit whether they're 27 or 57. For those in their 20s, I say look at your parents. I'm their age. My goals are a little different and for good reason. I'm not trying to stay young. But by making an effort to respect myself, I hope to age gracefully and have the physical freedom a healthy person enjoys. It isn't easy and bad habits are soooo hard to overcome. And we all know how little time there is in our lives. But when I go to the gym (yes, I'm part of the "wealthy class" who pays $10/month for a local membership), I'm continually motivated by looking at the effort put forth by others. I say again that whatever motivates you to exercise is a good thing. It also helps to have some kind of measurable goal with a reward if you make it. Maybe being fit helps you get women/men. Maybe you can place well in a competition. Maybe your blood pressure goes down enough so your medicine changes. Maybe you can wear a size you haven't worn in years. It's all good. But only YOU can do it and the sweat is very real.

Southington CT

Username hidden
(326 posts)
You lie, like a cheap rug.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16497 posts)
Sedu:

I run about 1 mile every 7.5 minutes. that is about 45 minutes or so... So ohh ahh, I was off by about five minutes. Doesn't prove a thing.

I run often, and every physical trainer I have talked with doesn't call me a liar, as the air force standards are. 16.25 minutes for 2 miles... that is 8.1 minutes a mile. Which the Liberator is the minimum standard to pass basic training, even in 2003.

ht tp://ww w.military.co m/military-fitness/air-force-fitness-requirements/air-force-basic-military-training-fitness-test

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6900 posts)
You doozy,

Do the math, 11 minute mile would be 5.4 miles an hour.

Your links backs exactly what I stated. Even if you run a 10 minute mile (which you don't) it would land you at 6 miles per hour.

You run 6 miles in 40 minutes is as truth as your lies about everything else.

You are a liar, you got caught. There are a lot of physical trainers here (myself included), they're laughing at you here as well.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16497 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 36   End
TOPIC: Morning vs Evening Workouts Question