Ladies Weight : Swingers Discussion 236947
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessLadies Weight
TOPIC: Ladies Weight
Created by: ilrivervalley
Original Starting post for this thread:
What is up with so many of the ladies in the lifestyle being so heavy? We recently looked at a nearby party and there were fifty five couples attending. After looking at all of the profiles we found there were only five ladies with a weight of less than 170 pounds attending. I cannot understand why anyone in our lifestyle can present themselves in this manner.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 32   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"I cannot understand why anyone in our lifestyle can present themselves in this manner"

Profile review, pictures reviewed, next ilrivervalley needs to verify all females are HWP.

This is the lifestyle everyone has their own thing what gives anyone the right to decide who should and should not be in the lifestyle.! Sorry weight nazi not needed. Find what you want and be happy.

Columbus OH
Username hidden
(1004 posts)
And here I was thinking it was ALL the beautiful sexy ladies aroundherethat kept this place so interesting! Silly me!

Hudson OH
Username hidden
(89 posts)
Ruckuses (is that how you pluralize "ruckus"?) are what keeps this place interesting. Keep on creatin' them.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19798 posts)
Damn, I sure opened a can of worms with that comment! It was not my intention to cause such a ruckus! Sorry folks!

Hudson OH
Username hidden
(89 posts)
"As to muscles not burning anything, envision your bicep for a moment, running around with a lit match attached to muscle fibers.... "

Oh come on.

When we say "burning" in the metabolic sense, we mean oxidizing for energy. The net reaction (and associated yield of energy) is precisely the same as if you literally torched it. The term is widely used in biochemistry and is strictly speaking not entirely inaccurate. It IS a combustion reaction.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19798 posts)
aaaaaaand you added to the insult.

i did applaud VA's detailed explanation. however i initially said even fat tissue can burn fat. no i didn't get scientific about it. but living tissue burns fuel to remain living. muscle would die if it never burned anything. i stand by my original contribution to this discussion. It IS semantics, as your last post, which actually takes my "mental picture" statement in the same discussion, and changes your insistence that muscle doesn't burn anything into a cartoon, clearly illustrates.

where in this conversation did i boorishly curse without having said anything else at all? that is what Mickey does--and you have never, nor would you ever, see me do so. you have also never, nor would you ever, see me compare someone to someone else in an insulting, condescendingmanner.

qualified apologies suck. and again--I didn't deserve that comparison. it was rude and not at all nice.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(2399 posts)
NYNJ,

You tend to cheerlead people with whom you agree, without really providing any further information. Unfortunately, that is the habit of Mickey. I'm sorry that you feel insulted, but if you review this exchange, certainly you'll see how I arrived at the comparison.

As to muscles not burning anything, envision your bicep for a moment, running around with a lit match attached to muscle fibers....

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16789 posts)
the human body and all it's miracles never fail to amaze me.

I am no chemist biologist or science but i studied the human body, a bit of nutrition, a lot of other issues, back from about the late 80's up until the early '00's when i "retired" from the fitness industry.

the biomechanics and the abilities of the human body to do all the myriad miraculous things it does millions of times per day are just--mind boggling. in the best of ways.

it's beyond cool.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(2399 posts)
You know something crazy?

The fine details of metabolism and biochemistry were largely worked out from about 1988-2003, although some was worked out long in advance of this time. It's astounding to me that gluconeogensis in humans was denied as possible right up until about 2000, in spite of blinding evidence to the contrary.

I remember learning in biochemistry classes in the mid 90s that "humans require about 30 g of glucose a day for brain function, and without it, they will die." It neglected the idea that your body can (and does) make it's own glucose when it needs to, and your brain can quite happily function on ketone bodies derived from fat metabolism. The blinding evidence to the contrary was the fact that people like Inuit could survive 8 months out of the year eating nothing but zero-carbohydrate meat, epileptics were prescribed a near-zero carbohydrate ketogenic diet in order to control their seizures, etc. The wisdom at the time denied that these people could survive more than a few days eating this way, even though it was obvious that they could. It was known that protein could be chewed up to make glucose, but since these people did not waste it didn't make sense. Prehistoric humans likely existed in a state of ketosis for most of their lives, yet science didn't understand how it worked and denied it was possible.

I worked hard to catch up on the developments that occured after I finished my undergrad degree. I find the details of biochemistry to be astounding, and it was awesome to see that practically all biochemistry occurs via the known organic chemistry reactions I learned about in graduate school.

HOWEVER

Many nutritionists, doctors, scientists, etc are still working from (or simply haven't learned any more) these pre-2000 textbooks and still believe these things. I can't tell you how many times a week I see some stupid Yahoo news story by a nutritionist who still preaches that your body cannot burn fat to make sugar. If this were not true, no human could ever complete a marathon - all the carb-loading in the world will not supply the 3,000 calories an adult male burns during one - your body MUST dig into fat stores.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19798 posts)
sed, perhaps i shouldn't be surprised yet i am.

also very, VERY insulted.

i was a very highly sought after compensated instructor and personal trainer for over 20 years. i know a wee bit about anatomy, physiology, and the way the human body works and maintains itself.

to compare my extremely mild (and slanted humorously) posts here to the forum personality that you did is very extreme--and completely uncalled for.

hopefully you won't delete your post doing so.

really--i didn't deserve that.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(2399 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 32   End
TOPIC: Ladies Weight