Keeping slim is good for the planet, say scientists : Swingers Discussion 132208
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessKeeping slim is good for the planet, say scientists
TOPIC: Keeping slim is good for the planet, say scientists
Created by: Seduction4Two The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
User Details are only visible to members.
Love this post! Now if only I could convince so many others - for their own good, but also for the good of everyone! 80% Raw Food, Calorie Restriction (don't eat everything set in front of you!), and getting outdoors and keep on moving! It is all so very simple, and the energy and youth returns are incredible!

Seneca PA
Username hidden
(143 posts)
You are absolutely right. I know ladies who are you could say ANTI exercise. And they are proud to admit that, making fun of me for being a "gym rat". I guess its easier to sit on the couch inactive, although if they would give it 1 month they would find that the benefits of it are so much more than a smaller number on the scale. When I work out I have energy and feel alive, I just love it.

Username hidden
(23992 posts)
There is substantial support for the notion that "exercise is medicine". I take it further, arguing that exercise is the only Rx known to stave off most of the illnesses of aging. It is, in a best sense of the idea, Ponce de Leon's Fountain of Youth.

There is unfortunately less support for a philosophy of personal accountability. Healthy diet and exercise is perceived to be undelicious and unpleasant by many. People would (much) rather pay for a pill.

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
Agreed! I often think of things like this, especially with the universal healthcare issue lately.....I don't think its fair that my tax dollars go to inflated healthcare costs on diseases that can be avoided due to smoking, excessive drinking and obesity. Are they going to cover fitness memberships I wonder? I mean seriously, a gym membership in my mind is as important as the drugs one takes in lots of ways.

Username hidden
(23992 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
TOPIC: Keeping slim is good for the planet, say scientists