Keeping Motivated : Swingers Discussion 182544101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessKeeping Motivated
TOPIC: Keeping Motivated
Created by: ZachNKatie
Original Starting post for this thread:
I have recently been working on losing weight, and have lost about 40 lbs, but obviously have quite a ways to go. One of my biggest motivators has been the gym. I guess its kinda sad, but on days where I didn't feel like going, I would guilt myself into it saying, "I'm paying for this membership, I have to use it!"

However, I recently became unemployed, and had to drop my gym membership, among other things. Even though I have a bit more free time, I find it hard to get my sad, sorry, unemployed butt off of the couch and moving around. Any tips on how to keep motivated despite this setback? I don't want to backslide and ruin the (albeit marginal) progress I've made, and appreciate any help I can get!

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
User Details are only visible to members.
The best diet I have ever been on is the one I'm on now - The Divorce Diet! Ha! As for motivation ......sometimes for a good hard workout .... having a cold beer, good smoke and loud music works real well when I'm sore and I just don't wanna do it. Also cleaning house, gardening, detailing the car are all VERY GOOD workouts. There's no secret about weight.. it's all about calories.

Livermore CA
Username hidden
(3739 posts)
I exercise only to maintain muscle tone and to feel good, not to body build. Also, I read somewhere that muscle burns more calories than fat.

Carrie sounds like she has it figured out. I would add that it's not just about how much you eat, but also what you eat. I happen to like fruits, vegetables, fish and chicken, all of which are relatively low in fat and calories. Maybe a steak once in a while; almost never get fast food. By eating those things and drinking lots of water and tea, I never feel hungry.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
I made my hubby go walking, with me, to help motivate me. When he couldn't anymore, I took the dogs. Now I work, with a trainer. I also started off slow. I walked a half a mile, 5 days a week, in the beginning. I gradually got it up to a mile then I added jogging (which I hate). I did a little bit at a time until I could jog a whole lap (1/4 mile).

If you don't have a kitchen scale yet, get one. In the beginning, I weighed everything. I eventually got to the point to where I knew what a serving size looked like, so I could eye ball it. Now I am rarely able to eat more than what I am suppose to eat. I guess my stomach has been trained.

By doing all this, I lost 70+ pounds. It took me over a year to do it and I am still a work in progress. Just remember that losing weight is simple math. If you take in less calories than you burn, you will lose weight. It is the willpower that makes losing weight hard. If you get the willpower under control, you will have it made.

Good luck,

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17958 posts)
The only way to lose significant weight is to combine exercise with limited caloric intake. I think healthy eating habits are the best way to lose weight; exercise is the best way to feel better. I don't go to a gym, but work in my yard a lot, try to walk or run several times a week, and do a few pushups and sit-ups now and then. On the rare occasions I eat a big evening meal, always try to get some exercise before going to bed. Good luck Katie; if you lost 40, you can keep it going.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
I wouldn't consider your progress marginal at all. It's healthiest to lose the weight the same way you gained it, gradually.

I'm just recently back on my fitness wagon, as well. I went from being fit to chunky and I'm over it. The Mr. and I have been walking a couple miles everyday for starters, and it's doing wonders already.

Concord CA
Username hidden
(2087 posts)
Sed~ Duh! I didn't even think about it! My husband has always been the dog walker in the family. I can absolutely take over that responsibility. And I'm sure Chowder would love the extra time with his Mommy!

At this point, I don't have any spare cash for DVD's but we still have Cable TV for at least a little while longer (its one of those things we're trying to keep so that I can still have internet for the 'job search'), so I'll check out what's On Demand.

Super thanks for the 'dog walking' idea. Apparently, I've been in a fog and didn't see the obvious answer!

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(161 posts)
I have recently been working on losing weight, and have lost about 40 lbs, but obviously have quite a ways to go. One of my biggest motivators has been the gym. I guess its kinda sad, but on days where I didn't feel like going, I would guilt myself into it saying, "I'm paying for this membership, I have to use it!"

However, I recently became unemployed, and had to drop my gym membership, among other things. Even though I have a bit more free time, I find it hard to get my sad, sorry, unemployed butt off of the couch and moving around. Any tips on how to keep motivated despite this setback? I don't want to backslide and ruin the (albeit marginal) progress I've made, and appreciate any help I can get!

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(161 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
TOPIC: Keeping Motivated