Honey We're Killing Our Kids : Swingers Discussion 57508
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessHoney We're Killing Our Kids
TOPIC: Honey We're Killing Our Kids
Created by: FlirtyInFishnets The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
User Details are only visible to members.
My son was told by his doctor at his last well-visit that he's 40 pounds overweight, which to us was ridiculous. I'd say he's more like 15-20 pounds- still not good, but not FORTY! He's 5' tall and the doctor said he should weigh 80 pounds, but all the research I've done said closer to 100.

But regardless of the number, he clearly is overweight. His diet isn't great, but it's not a steady diet of soda and chips, either, which is what the dr. seemed to think. And since his well-visit, he's working on eating more veggies and less breads (he loves his bagels and crackers).

He's also highly active, and goes to the gym for basketball and the cardio machines almost every day of the week. He plays basketball and football, rides his bike and scooter everywhere, and generally runs around all the time.

His dr. ridiculed my statement that he's genetically doomed with the strong family history toward obesity on my side of the family (I have relatives who top off over 300 pounds). The dr. said that he doesn't believe there's a genetic component to obesity. I think we may need to look at a different pediatrician.

L.

Ithaca NY
Username hidden
(1611 posts)
Motocross. What kid doesn't like being about to race around on a motorcycle? It will truly amaze you what motocross can do for you. Many wives have had to bite their tongues about racing when the hubbies' doctors' call and let the wives now how healthy their hubbies are now. LOL

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17852 posts)
Nether of my daughters are overweight by any means they are both very thin. Yet anything I say to them no matter how positive is never perceived that way by them. My 14 year old is 5'4 and about 107, she has great muscle tone and is very involved in dancing. She recently started this kick of buying a bag of munchies (similar to chex mix). She sits down and eats the entire bag, oy vay. Anything I say turns into "you never say anything to my sister", "you think I'm fat". Geesh! I've tried explaining to her that no matter how thin she is eating the entire bag is not good for her heart and that as she gets older her metabolism could change etc. Thats it's not a good habit to get into. She won't listen she eats the damn whole bag and then does 200 situps.

New Castle PA
Username hidden
(4667 posts)
i was appalled years ago, when I went into a junior hisgh school,and saw 10 yo girls who outweighed me easily,at a lesser height than I. I was over by 10 lbs at that point, or more. My stepdaughter,on her own, lost weight to have a prom dress, and keeps dropping it. I am so very proud of her.

Delton MI
Username hidden
(4361 posts)
Poly : we have a 7 year old girl she was 100 lbs ,last vacations we decide to realy work on her fitnes ,we start with swiming , and we click with it ,becouse shje never felt the extra lbs on her ,well after all that and tennis lesson she lost 25 lbs just on the fitnes part ,but it was more us pushing ,and now is her

Somers NY
Username hidden
(68 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
TOPIC: Honey We're Killing Our Kids