Hitting a plateau : Swingers Discussion 121477
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessHitting a plateau
TOPIC: Hitting a plateau
Created by: The_Deviants
Original Starting post for this thread:
About every 5 lbs or so I/we lose we seem to hit a plateau (more me than the wife) I try and work out through it, change up the work out pattern etc to no avail. The only thing that seems to work is taking a week or two off from all working out and then getting back into it. I may gain a pound or two but in the end I lose it and more back off. The hard part for me is, after the break to get back into it. As long as I have it in my schedule doing it daily is no problem. It is the break that kills me and de-motivates me for a daily/nightly work out. Anyone else have this problem or suggestion on how to get past it? Thanks.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
User Details are only visible to members.
I eat about 4x a day but I try and keep my calorie count low, between the 1300-1500 mark. I was once told/read that is a good place to be at without starving yourself.

Murfreesboro TN

Username hidden
(1009 posts)
Sometimes you can hit a plateau by not eating enough. If you are working out lot make sure your eating.

Mrs. Voya

Detroit MI

Username hidden
(418 posts)
When I hit a plateau the first thing I do is keep a food log...honestly usually there are "cheat" foods I am eating that is causing an imbalance. For instance, I LOVE wine. LOVE IT. And I didn't realize since I only drink on Saturdays that there is lots of calories in wine. So like you, I was working out and at a plateau and was like wtf....realized that, stopped the wine and very quickly dropped a dress size. If my eating is correct and clean I look at my work outs. I try and keep my muscles in constant confusion by doing different work outs. You want to keep your body guessing so to speak. 2 fabulous resources on here are M and UKAthletics. They are my resident gurus. LOL.

San Marcos TX

Username hidden
(23960 posts)
About every 5 lbs or so I/we lose we seem to hit a plateau (more me than the wife) I try and work out through it, change up the work out pattern etc to no avail.

The only thing that seems to work is taking a week or two off from all working out and then getting back into it. I may gain a pound or two but in the end I lose it and more back off.

The hard part for me is, after the break to get back into it. As long as I have it in my schedule doing it daily is no problem. It is the break that kills me and de-motivates me for a daily/nightly work out.

Anyone else have this problem or suggestion on how to get past it?

Thanks.

Murfreesboro TN

Username hidden
(1009 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
TOPIC: Hitting a plateau