Helping partner feel good about weight and looks : Swingers Discussion 164917101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessHelping partner feel good about weight and looks
TOPIC: Helping partner feel good about weight and looks
Created by: Danngigi The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
User Details are only visible to members.
Sexus ~ you've got sweet kids! :)

My wieght has been known to fluctuate and at times it's gotten out of my control b/f I realized it. What helps me stay on track and feel good when I need to slim down the most is to be complimented on me and on the weight loss as it comes off. I don't want anyone making a big deal that I'm eating differently. I don't want anyone asking if I'm excersizing. I just wanna do it and get a little pat on the back and pinch on the butt when it works.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(494 posts)
I know, for me, that badgering will not help, and will "make me" rebel and not be encouraged. So, any sincere compliment, or words of praise go a long way. It's not the same for everyone. Some need/want a "kick in the butt." I can take that from a friend or mentor, but not so much from someone I have sex with! :)

I am on the other end of this, where I am losing weight, and my husband, although he's cut back somewhat on portions and what he's eating, is not really losing. He is a good looking man other than his belly. Great arms, chest and legs, so what I TRY to do is compliment the body parts I like, and ignore what I don't. I have no idea if this helps him feel better or not.

Working out, walking, running, playing a sport, dancing, all work to encourage me to be more active and even more so if we do those things together. (I don't run b/c of my knees and well, ok, I don't like running)

My son is encouraging, both of them are. They say, "mom, you look so much better now than you did when we were kids..." or something similar. Or if I say they look great, they say I do too...it's a little thing, but it's nice to hear.

Of course, the best look is one of happiness. If your wife is feeling better, then she will also feel better about herself. Illness, injury, being really fatigues, etc., all do not do anything toward helping us feel better about what we see in the mirror.

I am finally under 170 pounds. 169.5 this morning, and I plan to STAY under 170. I have the fear that when I go back to my doctor in October, my A1C is still not going to be low enough, and she'll want me to take Actose, which causes weight gain. When I took it several years ago, I gained a pound a DAY for about 10 days and I was very depressed. So...pulling for none of that stuff again.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7271 posts)
As a woman who has been thin then bbw and has lost weight I can tell you that for me, it took me looking into the mirror and saying okay shells, you have GOT to change this...in order to do it. Really, my husband would not care if I were 24W, he has been with me from one extreme to the next. Just be supportive. When she is ready she will be ready to do it :0).

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
Danngigi, You're doing the best you can. Being as supportive as you can and reminding her that she is the one you want to go home with at the end of playing is probably the most you can do. I'm sure the intimacy is better between the two of you after playing. Just hold on during the roller coaster ride that are the emotions, and stay with it.

Port Saint Lucie FL
Username hidden
(188 posts)
My wife has many moments when she gets down on her self. She had done a great job losing a lot of weight and then had to have back surgery. The weight came back and she has been scared to go to the weight room. One thing though that has never changed is her beautiful face and personality and i try to remind her of that often which helps.

SA_...allow me to say your wife is quite beautiful as well. She should hold her head up high.

Wyomissing PA
Username hidden
(90 posts)
My wife goes through this daily due to certain meds she is required to take daily along with her monthly infusions. No amount of cardio or muscle building seems to get the job done in her eyes. I keep telling her to do it for her health and stop focusing on the outside.

I met her when she was nearly 70lbs heavier before we found out what was making her ill. Sometimes a little push is all she needs to get back on track and when she is, she is ON it like a pro!!

Just be supportive.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8009 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
TOPIC: Helping partner feel good about weight and looks