Heart Rate Monitors researching : Swingers Discussion 216646
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessHeart Rate Monitors researching
TOPIC: Heart Rate Monitors researching
Created by: cplofunswingers
Original Starting post for this thread:
I have started working out again and I can't seem to get an accurate heart rate on the machines while I am exercising. I will place my hands on the equipment’s metal heart rate monitor to get a quick read of my heart rate. Big mistake: It always ends in frustration. It is severely annoying and I want to keep my heart rate in the right zone.

So with that being said...Does any one use a heart rate monitor and what one would you suggest and why? Thanks!

R

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 18   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Mr. U

There are some new Nike Triax C6 on EBay. Figured you could stock up.

P

Washington DC
Username hidden
(674 posts)
Yes, Mrs. U found me a discontinued Nike C-6. However, the source is top secret and will be closely guarded.

Mr. U

Memphis TN
Username hidden
(3353 posts)
Mr. U was ecstatic when I found his favorite "Nike Unisex Triax C-6 Heart Rate Monitor Watch." He'd heard that they might be discontinued, but I managed to find him one at Amazon.

Memphis TN
Username hidden
(3353 posts)
I just got back from an unexpected business trip to KS. This is great information! Thank you! I keep track of everything on the MyPlate app and it is free! Keeps track of your recent food intake! Love it!! I will be researching more with the new information!! Thank you so much!!

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
I actually handwrite my food journal. For me, it's faster. On mfp, it took me forever to find the food, adjust the portion or serving, make sure I log it for the correct meal, etc. My little handwritten chart works well enough.

And the phone app for mfp was even more confusing and kept trying to close. :(

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(539 posts)
Yes, it's tedious. But that is part of the process. Becoming accountable for what goes in (and out). You can do food records by hand as well. Just a pain to look up the nutrition. I like MFP cause it makes it easy.

Once you've used it for awhile, it gets much easier because it remembers recent and frequent entries. You can just click on common food choices and adjust the portions as you need. Also has a phone app.

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(958 posts)
Thanks Mrs svc, but I think I'll still go with a HRM. It'll be fun to wear and it'll be close enough calculations for me.

I tried myfitnesspal and stopped after a couple days. I found it extremely tedious to put in my food. Maybe I was doing something wrong??

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(539 posts)
Heart rate isn't always a great indicator of calories burned....some folks can raise/lower their heart rate with ambient temperature changes.

Even cheaper is creating an account at myfitnesspal dot com and being honest about your stats, daily lifestyle, and then using their food & exercise tracking format. Again, just an estimate. But no cost whatsoever.

Use Perceived Exertion scale 1-10 when working out. If you cannot breath, if you cannot talk, if you feel you are about to die from the workout, that's 9-10. If you are relaxed, sitting, resting, that's 1-2. If you are moving, can talk while moving, that's probably 5. If it feels like work, can answer questions with 1-2 words, probably 7.

Another well researched scale is the Borg Rating of Perceived Exertion Scale which goes from 6-20 (and has been well correlated to heart rate). htt p : // ww w. cdc. gov/ physicalactivity/ everyone/ measuring/ exertion. html

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(958 posts)
I just need something super-duper simple. I don't need it to sync to anything. I don't want to have to pay a monthly fee to be able to look at my info, etc. I just want to look down and see how many calories I burned so far.

I know...so un-techy.

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(539 posts)
best site for research into this is dcrainmaker dot com. He is a fellow triathlete and has a ton of useful information about HR straps and watches, expecially this heart rate drop outs that have plagued monitors for the past few years. Keith.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(1 post)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 18   End
TOPIC: Heart Rate Monitors researching